Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

Awesome Vincent! Welcome to the Cemoto club! I know you will enjoy this bike as much as I do, I use it mostly for exercising purpose and even though I use mostly the power assist feature on the bike, I have loss over 10lb. It also helps me relieve from stress and I find it relaxes my mind. Don't forget to post pictures!

i am really excited! cannot wait for it to get here

need to add some kind of bag front or back for my phone/keys
and think i will do the upright handlebars like you have also

needed it to get me back home after dropping my car off a few miles away but hoping with the dual suspension etc that i will be comfortable on it and want to ride it more
i definitely need the exercise

will send some pics and feedback after it gets here

lindsay at electrobikeworld has been awesome about answering all my questions etc on a weekend, very impressive
she just emailed to say she got my order and the bike will be shipped first thing monday

if it comes from texas think it will get here wed or thur

vincent713 when you get a chance could you post a few more pics of your bike with the higher handlebars on it

thank you

I think electrobikeworld is base in TX, I got 2 bikes from them, the Trail Maker and Cemoto. They always gave me excellent customer service and both my bikes arrived within 3-5 business day as stated.
If you don't want to do the basket, there's a front bag pannier you can get to store your small items such as this one.
http://www.ebay.com

vincent713 when you get a chance could you post a few more pics of your bike with the higher handlebars on it

thank you

These are the only pics I have for now, I'll try and get more later.

Attachments

• 20150601_200912.jpg
    20150601_200912.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 20150601_200829.jpg
    20150601_200829.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 452
  • basket.jpg
    basket.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 482
  • basket2.jpg
    basket2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 482
Would it maybe be easier just to add an adjustable angle hi-rise stem or extender and keep the stock handlebar setup?
That way won't have to change out the bar and controls and would add 3 to 6" of height and angle?

Having the adjustable stem only will get you 3 inch rise at most. That wasn't enough for me so I added a 5" rise handlebar, this and moving the seat forward gave it an upright position putting less stress on my shoulder, arms and wrist. You could just install the 5" rise handlebar only but that's entirely up to you, for me it still wasn't enough. I'm more of an urban rider so I like to be comfortable. Taking all the brake levers, grips, etc wasn't hard, just time consuming but well worth it.

Cool, thanks. I was thinking of adding that 3" adjustable angle stem on top of a 4" stem extender to get the 3"- 6" rise.
That way I could quickly go from a 'touring setup' to a 'mountain bike' setup within a few minutes simply by adding/subtracting the extender and/or angle extender.

Any recommendations on a cheap bike computer ? (auto on/off, wireless or wired?)

:)

You betcha, I still may do that later...

But for now I think I will just mount my old Garmin eMap.

That way I get my actual speed, odometer, compass, GPS mapping, altitude, and bread-crump tracking!

I can also use it as hand-held when off the bike (has quick-release mount) and can store inside home (it is 115 degrees here now AZ!)

I just gotta remember to turn it on each time!

41TS5P2VMCL.jpg

That GPS Garmin is a neat device. I use my smartphone with free apps such as Strava & Mapmyride to do all of my tracking. It will also tell me how much calories I have burned. :)

I'll have to check out those apps, sounds great.

I always have to ride with my phone tucked away in rear seat bag case in case I dump (mountain biking)

That front frame bag I post earlier is a good way to hold and mount your phone at the same time. It has a clear plastic cover so you can see your phone while you ride.

If you do decide to use a simple cycle computer, there are lots out there for under $20; however, you have to use wired. Otherwise the magnetic field around the motor interferes with the cycle computer's brain and you get all sorts of crazy readouts. MapmyRide is a good app and free!

If you do decide to use a simple cycle computer, there are lots out there for under $20; however, you have to use wired. Otherwise the magnetic field around the motor interferes with the cycle computer's brain and you get all sorts of crazy readouts. MapmyRide is a good app and free!

Thanks for the tip, I've always used wired computer in the past and was curious about the wireless. Now I know not to use them. :)

vincent713 how do you find the kickstand on this bike?

is this something i will need to upgrade or is it pretty solid?

thanks

I bought mine brand new from an eBay seller who only had the one. I made an offer for $600 and he accepted.

So far I'm very impressed with this bike. It is heavy, but they all are. My first impression is that it is much faster and powerful than I expected. The battery really lasts a long time. I'm in San Francisco for the weekend and it struggles with the hills but these are some really steep hills. If I still lived up here I'd want something with more gears or with a more powerful motor/battery. At home it's mostly flat and the bike just keeps going and going.

Some of the parts are pretty cheap like the shocks and base Shimano shifters but they do the job. More than fine for on road use and commuting. All that stuff can be upgraded too. I'm not sure my rear shock is even compressing now that I think about it. I'll have to fiddle with it or maybe upgrade.

I added this rear rack that I found for $14 at Walmart:

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-SW756...=1439768821&sr=8-1&keywords=schwinn+rear+rack

New handlebars and a riser are next for me. The stock setup kills my wrists and back. There is a delay when pedaling before the motor kicks in but it is not a deal breaker. I'd also like to upgrade to a better sensor and LCD screen.

I ordered this seat and will post my opinion once I get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Cloud...e=UTF8&qid=1439769346&sr=8-4&keywords=cloud+9

Have you considered a suspension seat post with that Cloud 9 saddle or maybe a Thudbuster; a lot of folks with back issues seem to really like that upgrade for comfort.

Back