CCX broken down after only one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinDeCo

I just received my CCX on 10/15 and it broke down the very next day. The bike powers up and when I apply throttle/assist/walk-mode the just studders and clacks. I am uploading the same video I sent to Juiced customer support. If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Situation Update 10/19
After the initial warranty call and a couple callbacks, I'm on the road to getting back on the road. The tier 2 technician assured me the Hub motor was the point of failure and would be replaced with a new wheel assembly. Wheel is in transit to a mobile (Velo) bike mechanic and will be installed at my house on Thursday.
Granted, all of this should have never happened and was easily avoidable with some competent QC. That being said, everybody I've dealt with at Juiced has been prompt, helpful and professional. I'm really hoping this is the only fix that is needed and this whole situation can be resolved because I just WILL NOT go through this circus again. Thanks for listening and I'll keep you guys posted when the updates happen.

Last edited:
There are literally hundreds of posts where people write over and over -bike frame cracked, battery stopped charging, etc... and the many things they have in common:
- online buy
- close out sale of under 2k ebikes or purchase from new ebike companies: juiced, specialized, giant, trek, stromers...

The forum is great place to learn what NOT to buy and what to buy.

And here are the 3 rules:

- buy from local dealer
- buy brand new
-3k and UP for good Powerfull motor and battery and quality components.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ebiker,
That sounds a bit harsh and like you’ve personally had a bad experience. My experience has been quite different.

I have gone both routes, expensive electric bike from a local dealer, and a Juiced CCX for about half the price. Both were good choices for me but quite different.

I think your advice would be entirely suitable for a buyer who is completely helpless in sorting out a bike right out of the shipping box, and has no patience with an occasional warranty claim. On the other hand, a buyer with some basic skills for assembly and tweaking, and some patience, can literally save thousands and get excellent performance from a modestly priced bike.

A good metaphor for the choice is:
A) eating out at a full service restaurant for $50 a person plus tip and tax, or
B) fixing a quiet meal at home for the cost of the ingredients?

Not everybody has the skill to cook their own meal.

Jeff

I just received my CCX on 10/15 and it broke down the very next day. The bike powers up and when I apply throttle/assist/walk-mode the just studders and clacks. I am uploading the same video I sent to Juiced customer support. If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Please post if juice fixes the problem, I am looking at a ccx for my next bike. Thanks

A good metaphor for the choice is:
A) eating out at a full service restaurant for $50 a person plus tip and tax, or
B) fixing a quiet meal at home for the cost of the ingredients?

Not everybody has the skill to cook their own meal.

Jeff

I look at it as ...

A) Buying an Audi. Hard to go wrong but it's big bucks.
B) Buying a Volkswagon. A lot of the parts come from the same place.
C) Buying a beater sports car (This is the DIY approach with a kit). You go broke having a dealer fix it, so you get a simple one that's easily maintained.

I've done all three. A didn't last too long. VW dealers are expensive but Audi service is 2X higher.

Sports car analogy. That's how I look at my bikes. They don't need to slog thru the elements to get me to work 24/7. Only take them out on nice days to have fun and I can own several types.

I've worked all my life in manufacturing companies as a quality engineer and I can tell you that there is no process that produces a perfect product. Believe me, one of the companies I worked for made pace makers for the heart and it too produced defective products from time to time. The important thing is how a company responds when there is a problem.

I chose Juiced Bikes because it offered the best value for the price range I was looking at. I too had an issue with the bike and Juiced exceeding my expectations in resolving the problem. Like others on this thread who commented, to the gentlemen that stated "That is to be expected when buying a cheap and inferior ebike..." that statement is totally unfair associated with Juiced Bikes. As a consumer of their product, a customer who has dealt with their support and a quality engineer by profession, I highly recommend Juice Bikes for anyone who is comfortable with purchasing products on-line.

If you are more comfortable buying from a local dealer, make sure that you find a reputable dealer who is not going to rip you off or go out of business anytime soon. However, keep in mind that you will pay more for a comparable bike. It has been my experience that most products sold through an independent distribution channel (like all bike shops) are marked up 40 to 70% - depending on the volume that dealer does with the manufacturer.

So do your research, but keep in mind that there is no such thing as a perfect (or a 100% realizable) product.

I've worked all my life in manufacturing companies as a quality engineer and I can tell you that there is no process that produces a perfect product. Believe me, one of the companies I worked for made pace makers for the heart and it too produced defective products from time to time. The important thing is how a company responds when there is a problem.

I chose Juiced Bikes because it offered the best value for the price range I was looking at. I too had an issue with the bike and Juiced exceeding my expectations in resolving the problem. Like others on this thread who commented, to the gentlemen that stated "That is to be expected when buying a cheap and inferior ebike..." that statement is totally unfair associated with Juiced Bikes. As a consumer of their product, a customer who has dealt with their support and a quality engineer by profession, I highly recommend Juice Bikes for anyone who is comfortable with purchasing products on-line.

If you are more comfortable buying from a local dealer, make sure that you find a reputable dealer who is not going to rip you off or go out of business anytime soon. However, keep in mind that you will pay more for a comparable bike. It has been my experience that most products sold through an independent distribution channel (like all bike shops) are marked up 40 to 70% - depending on the volume that dealer does with the manufacturer.

So do your research, but keep in mind that there is no such thing as a perfect (or a 100% realizable) product.
Glad you had a good experience. Look at the issues with the wide area format batteries in the thread I posted today and tell me that A) Juiced are quality designed products and B)they have good customer service.

I buy most things online....probably why I trusted buying online with Juiced to begin with

I highly DO NOT recommend Juice Bikes for anyone who is comfortable with purchasing bikes online. .

All my exp.have been and will be very positive b/C i know what to buy , do my research and other helpfull variables.

The nr.1 reason i posted like that is b/c is true and to warn off the newbie riders looking to get a cheap ebike thinking that , that it will save them money.

Look on ebr on how many are stuck waiting for warranty repairs from a Giant frame, Specialized broken bb, to juiced and others...

If you can wait That’s good for you, others may want a 100% reliability in their purchase.

Need to point out you are posting your opinion, which you have every right to do.

I have that right too, so here's mine. I'm not buying a word of your opinion. You're making comments that defy logic and good sense, with no way in the world to back them.

You need to spend a lot of money on a bike to feel good about it, go for it. I'm just fine driving my cheapo. I'll bet my grin is every bit as big as yours. Understand Juiced, Rad and many other manf's sell a lot of bikes, and have a lot of very satisfied customers - WAY more than bike man'f selling high end bikes. Don't believe it? Go out and stand next to an e-way for 15 minutes. Count the Mercedes, and compare that count to Chevy's or Fords to see who wins.

Many of these customers could ride their purchases for 2 to 3 years, then throw them away and get new ones, and STILL have leas money wrapped up in their bike. They may be able to do that a 3rd time as well!

100% reliability is a fantasy. Pure and simple. Makes no difference what you paid for the bike.

It's about priorities. Because you have a set, that doesn't mean that people not sharing them are wrong. They're just different. That's what makes the world go round.....

You’re an amateur.

If you have a good or great product in this case an ebike and KNOW how to maintain it , there is the 100% reliability. but most users don’t even know how to even replace their brake pads properly...

At low price range many failures...but the emphasis is on the user being knowledgeable to inspect and maintain his ebike in order be 100 % reliable.

I do agree 100% reliability, or a much higher than normal degree of reliability, comes from good maintenance. That doesn't have anything to do with the logic regarding the extra money to purchase a high end bike.

A well maintained Honda car for instance (or Toyota), which didn't cost anywhere near what a typical high end car might cost, has a reputation for being very inexpensive to maintain (to anyone's standards). Not only that, they make many car manf's envious with their average life expectancy. Not because of what they cost, but by good design work.

It's not always what you pay for something. It is about the design and the care it receives. You can't just throw money at an issue and expect it to be magically transformed.

Ok, for ebikes at lower price ranges they have failures.
I agree with the Honda , Toyota cars being very reliable.

There's a lot of what I'll call statistical illiteracy (for lack of a better term) going around. Always has been, always will be, but I'll remark on it anyway.

If a company sold 10,000 bikes and had a 99.9% rate of quality control, that would be 100 bikes that were flawed.

If each one of the 100 customers posted about the flaws on a forum like this, many people would say "wow, look at all those flaws, this company is bad, stay away!"

But any company with 99.9% quality control is doing a hell of a good job.

I'm not saying these flaws don't exist or that it's okay for them to happen. If you're in the 100 customers who get such a flawed bike that you've paid good money for (whether it's $1600 or $5000), then you have my sincere sympathies. You want to be out riding and enjoying your new bike and you can't. No one wants that for you.

My problem is with people drawing conclusions from limited data. It's one thing to report on a problem -- what's a forum like this for? -- but another thing entirely to say "therefore" when you don't have enough data points to support that conclusion.

There's a lot of what I'll call statistical illiteracy (for lack of a better term) going around. Always has been, always will be, but I'll remark on it anyway.

If a company sold 10,000 bikes and had a 99.9% rate of quality control, that would be 100 bikes that were flawed.

If each one of the 100 customers posted about the flaws on a forum like this, many people would say "wow, look at all those flaws, this company is bad, stay away!"

But any company with 99.9% quality control is doing a hell of a good job.

I'm not saying these flaws don't exist or that it's okay for them to happen. If you're in the 100 customers who get such a flawed bike that you've paid good money for (whether it's $1600 or $5000), then you have my sincere sympathies. You want to be out riding and enjoying your new bike and you can't. No one wants that for you.

My problem is with people drawing conclusions from limited data. It's one thing to report on a problem -- what's a forum like this for? -- but another thing entirely to say "therefore" when you don't have enough data points to support that conclusion.

i think you are missing the point of people being upset. There is one thing to have poor quality control. And yes people complain on the internet so sometimes it can make it seem like there are more products with problems then there actually are. If juiced fixed those 100 bikes you speak of or were upfront about the issue there wouldn’t be an issue here.

the issue is that they know there is a problem with the design for a product they sold. They kept selling it. Told people the problem would work itself out while in the return period. Didn’t fix it with a permanent fix while under warranty. And now won’t fix it with a real fix out of warranty.

thats just a bad company. Nothing todo with statistics.

They got 1$million + from that Indigo Scrambler campaign and can’t send this member a brand new , working ebike preferably tested through 15-20inch deep Ny potholes ?
New customers eventually will figure it out and move on to other brands...

I'm an amateur and you live in fantasy land.

I do agree 100% reliability, or a much higher than normal degree of reliability, comes from good maintenance. That doesn't have anything to do with the logic regarding the extra money to purchase a high end bike.

A well maintained Honda car for instance (or Toyota), which didn't cost anywhere near what a typical high end car might cost, has a reputation for being very inexpensive to maintain (to anyone's standards). Not only that, they make many car manf's envious with their average life expectancy. Not because of what they cost, but by good design work.

It's not always what you pay for something. It is about the design and the care it receives. You can't just throw money at an issue and expect it to be magically transformed.
I think it brings up another interesting point. Consumer Reports, JD Power, and others conduct surveys to determine which brand/model of car has fewest repairs, is best liked by owners, etc.. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of customer surveys for Rad, Juiced, Biktrix, and some of the other large mail order companies to determine repair record, company response, and overall consumer satisfaction.

While I agree it would be nice to have info like that available, I think that it might be tough to sell somebody like Consumer Reports on the plan. Although the e-bike market is getting bigger every day, I don't think it's big enough to convince somebody to invest the time and money to do the testing and surveying necessary to produce anything they'd want to hang their name on. Not yet anyway. Someday soon though, I'll bet your/our wish comes true!

That is to be expected when buying a cheap and inferior ebike esp. online.
There are literally hundreds of posts where people write over and over -bike frame cracked, battery stopped charging, etc... and the many things they have in common:
- online buy
- close out sale of under 2k ebikes or purchase from new ebike companies: juiced, specialized, giant, trek, stromers...

- buy from local dealer
- buy brand new
Nothing wrong with buying online,CCX is a great bike and a great deal, the reality is he didn't overpay for his bike and the issue will act
That is to be expected when buying a cheap and inferior ebike esp. online.
- online buy

- buy from local dealer
- buy brand new
lol,there is nothing wrong with buying online,CCX is a fantastic bike, bikes get damaged for time to time,it happens and the reality is OP didn't overpay for his bike and the issue will be handled faster and with less effort than it would be if he dropped the bike off at a local shop. Part will be delivered and replaced while he sits on his sofa. Enjoy overpaying for your bikes

Nothing wrong with buying online,CCX is a great bike and a great deal, the reality is he didn't overpay for his bike and the issue will act

lol,there is nothing wrong with buying online,CCX is a fantastic bike, bikes get damaged for time to time,it happens and the reality is OP didn't overpay for his bike and the issue will be handled faster and with less effort than it would be if he dropped the bike off at a local shop. Part will be delivered and replaced while he sits on his sofa. Enjoy overpaying for your bikes

Ok how about the battery issue that they clearly WON'T solve

When you agreed to the online purchase, you agreed to be responsible for arranging all maintenance and repairs, even the original assembly of the bike. That's how you got it as inexpensively as you did. If this is beyond the scope of your willingness, or ability, you need to arrange to have it done for you!

When you agreed to the online purchase, you agreed to be responsible for arranging all maintenance and repairs, even the original assembly of the bike. That's how you got it as inexpensively as you did. If this is beyond the scope of your willingness, or ability, you need to arrange to have it done for you!

Yeah. I agreed to repairs. If they told me how to repair it other than “yeah we know this Battery can’t fit on this frame, stinks to be you, try some straps because that’s all we can come up with either” I would do it.

we got it as inexpensive as we did because they spent no money on design and figured people wouldn’t actually use thier Bike’s for commuting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back