CCS Fitting and Customization

MisterBritcom

Love my CCS, so much that I'm racking up about twenty miles a day. My wrists are killing me. I've raised the bar about three inches with an adjustable stem, and it helped a little. I might use a tube extension for more height, but some cable routing will probably be in order.
Has anyone tried different bars?
Any observations or experiences are welcome.
I'm six-one and have the XL frame, seat height set so my knees are mildly bent when the pedal is at six o'clock.

Same height and size here but I just got mine. I had wrist issues in the past, but haven't had the CCS for long yet. Maybe narrower handlebars would help? Seems like putting your wrists at shoulder width would be least problematic.

Or butterfly bars?

Same height and size here but I just got mine. I had wrist issues in the past, but haven't had the CCS for long yet. Maybe narrower handlebars would help? Seems like putting your wrists at shoulder width would be least problematic.

Or butterfly bars?
I've been reading lots of articles about bike fitting and I'm pretty confident about seat position, but these bars have my elbows locked with my wrists pointed outwards. I'm gonna play with adjusting the bar and controls a little more and building up my strength. I suspect I'm gonna end up buying a bar that sweeps back more.

I’m 6’4” and have had a lot of problems with wrist pain and numbness, with all bikes. For me, Ergon GR2 grips have solved a lot of it. Not only do they fit my large hands perfectly, but they also give me another choice for hand position. The key, which I discovered after a lot of experimentation, is to rotate them foreword enough so that the angle of my wrist is minimized. This may help you with the stock grips too.

Something else that may help is a mild sweep. After a ton of searching I found the SQLab 302, which is similar to the stock bar but has a 16 degree sweep. I have not bought it yet but am seriously considering it.

I got this stem Bike Adjustable Stem 31.8mm 0~60 Degree FOMTOR Adjustable Handlebar Stem for Mountain Bike Road MTB (31.8mm x 110mm,Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WBR6HP?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
And these handlbars Acekit Mid-Riser Retro Style Cruiser Aluminium Alloy Bike Handlebar(Black 31.8mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075SF27KZ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Installed now, and I'm pretty happy with the garage fit. I had to route the rear brake hose around the drive side of the steering head to keep it from being pulled tight when the bars turn hard to the right.
I'll post again after my Monday commute, but it looks sorted out.

The new handlebar put my arms and wrists in a much better position for me. I probably didn't need the adjustable stem, but it's nice to have the option of moving the bar around. 15239220136273009538308946547636.jpg

I put this rear light on the seat post today. It replaced a rear light that I've been trying out.

Before saying more, let me say I don't have a problem with the Lineo that came with the CCS. I just wanted a blinking light too. I use both, most of the time.

So, the one I was using worked okay. It wasn't quite as bright as I'd like, for daylight use. Also, it has an accelerometer, so it goes from blinking mode (several patterns you can choose from) to all 5 LEDs at max brightness. The accelerometer is so sensitive, it doesn't just go to braking mode when I put on the brakes, but at virtually any motion, such as an abrupt turn or a bump in the pavement.

I saw this video about a rear light that looks pretty good. My wife wanted a turn signal light so I thought we'd try this one. (If you haven't seen kobEVision's videos about his trial runs with the CCS, they are entertaining and informative. Enjoy!)

I myself don't care much about the turn signals, although they are kind of cute and might actually get a cage driver's attention. I do like that the light is larger and brighter than the one I was using, and the blinking mode functions as advertised.

It also projects those laser lines on the pavement. I get the theory that it might give car drivers some idea of how much space to leave when they pass you. I'm skeptical on that score. Also, they don't show up in sunlight -- tested that when I installed them on both bikes this morning. I will be coming home from a meeting this evening right at sunset/dusk, so I'll have a better idea of how well they actually show up.

Even if they don't serve to maintain a safe distance from cars, if they make me more visible in the dusk or the dark, I'm good with it.

I'll post a note when I have more experience with them. I'll be able to see my wife's light next time we ride together and that will give me a good idea of how well this works.

I put this rear light on the seat post today. It replaced a rear light that I've been trying out.

Before saying more, let me say I don't have a problem with the Lineo that came with the CCS. I just wanted a blinking light too. I use both, most of the time.

So, the one I was using worked okay. It wasn't quite as bright as I'd like, for daylight use. Also, it has an accelerometer, so it goes from blinking mode (several patterns you can choose from) to all 5 LEDs at max brightness. The accelerometer is so sensitive, it doesn't just go to braking mode when I put on the brakes, but at virtually any motion, such as an abrupt turn or a bump in the pavement.

I saw this video about a rear light that looks pretty good. My wife wanted a turn signal light so I thought we'd try this one. (If you haven't seen kobEVision's videos about his trial runs with the CCS, they are entertaining and informative. Enjoy!)

I myself don't care much about the turn signals, although they are kind of cute and might actually get a cage driver's attention. I do like that the light is larger and brighter than the one I was using, and the blinking mode functions as advertised.

It also projects those laser lines on the pavement. I get the theory that it might give car drivers some idea of how much space to leave when they pass you. I'm skeptical on that score. Also, they don't show up in sunlight -- tested that when I installed them on both bikes this morning. I will be coming home from a meeting this evening right at sunset/dusk, so I'll have a better idea of how well they actually show up.

Even if they don't serve to maintain a safe distance from cars, if they make me more visible in the dusk or the dark, I'm good with it.

I'll post a note when I have more experience with them. I'll be able to see my wife's light next time we ride together and that will give me a good idea of how well this works.
Bruce, keep us updated on the performance of the rear light. It's on my list of maybe's to add on. If it holds up well, seems like a worthwhile addition.

So, some short-term observations on the Meilan X5 tail light.

It is bright enough to be clearly visible in broad daylight from over 20 car lengths behind -- my wife and I were checking them out on the way home from her job today. The turn signal function is also very visible. I don't know whether car drivers will interpret it correctly, and of course you may have to use hand signals anyway for oncoming traffic, but it does work.

We started looking at the laser lights on pavement last night at dusk, about 15 minutes after sundown. They were visible but not striking. The darker it got the more visible they became, until you could see them from a number of car lengths behind. I don't know how much useful information they impart from that distance; another experiment is in order.

Back