Cannot allow my hobby to burn down my home

Common sense monitoring and quality batteries are what we buy to not need yer grannies blanket. FFS wool fire blankets are personal protection.

Attachments

• AA1256A3-B28D-4A09-8AEB-9173B1CC9450.jpeg
    AA1256A3-B28D-4A09-8AEB-9173B1CC9450.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
My solution to my e-bike battery thermal runaway paranoia was to
modify a welders toolbox by lining all 6 sides of it, inside with 1" of fortified and reinforced concrete.
It is directly vented with a 3/4" black iron insulated vent pipe to the outside. The area immediately around this charging box
is protected by fireproof Hardi board. I also have a furnace turbine wired up beside it to automatically turn on and direct vent outside any fire byproducts when a fire is sensed.
I also use brand-name e-bike batteries, never charge more than one battery at a time and charge with a 1 amp, 80/90 or 100% charger.

A simple, cheap battery bunker can be made with some cement blocks and pavers. It can be made any size by adding or deleting blocks. It won’t burn or melt, and it will vent between the blocks.

I also have several big RC heli batteries that are scary as hell when they cook off. The toxic smoke and smell would ruin a house or garage if it happened indoors. I’m not sure if the Ebike batteries are the same as the RC Lipos, but the E-bike battery’s are 10 times the size of my heli batteries and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near them if they catch fire.

Again, remember the Tesla fires?
Getting your s*it burnt down is one thing, getting burned to death is quite another !
I bet you recharge your cell phone in your bedroom while you sleep. Right along with the rest of us. Unplug the toaster the coffee pot,tv, radio and appliances as they all represent fire hazards. Geez!

Last edited:
Back