Cannondale Canvas: Thoughts?

Asher

I follow ebikes pretty closely but somehow never heard of this bike. I did some googling and there aren't even any reviews from the usual reputable outlets.

As for the bike itself, it looks very close to my ideal. Great fit and finish, superfast wide tires, rigid fork. Only things I don't like are the overpriced/small batteries (thanks Bosch), and the wheel diameter is pretty big (though maybe because Schwalbe doesn't make those tires in 26 or 27.5 any more?). Also the head tube angle looks more relaxed than I'd like

I was hoping this kind of bike would become more prevalent, but considering how little we've heard about it, maybe not.

Anyone here tried it?

REI has them on sale.

I think they are pretty good bikes. Quite light and agile. At less than $3900, they are a decent value for the hardware and service network the company offers.

Those kind of bikes fly out the door in EU but in the US, it is mostly walk-in customers who end up purchasing. US market is extremely price-sensitive and the biking culture is relegated to small pockets in certain cities.
Most US customers would try for ~$1000 bikes before they graduate and try something more sophisticated like the Cannondale.

REI has them on sale.

I think they are pretty good bikes. Quite light and agile. At less than $3900, they are a decent value for the hardware and service network the company offers.

Those kind of bikes fly out the door in EU but in the US, it is mostly walk-in customers who end up purchasing. US market is extremely price-sensitive and the biking culture is relegated to small pockets in certain cities.
Most US customers would try for ~$1000 bikes before they graduate and try something more sophisticated like the Cannondale.

Yeah I was surprised at the price, between the name brand and Bosch parts.

You're right about US customers, it's such a shame that the US market is toys. I guess there are a lot of people using bikes for utility purposes, it's just they aren't enough to be a big market for *new* bikes. I went to an industry bike fair once in Montreal, and met a bike advocate friend there. He said it was a joke, there was almost zero crossover between industry marketing efforts and the people he was trying to reach.

I follow ebikes pretty closely but somehow never heard of this bike. I did some googling and there aren't even any reviews from the usual reputable outlets.

As for the bike itself, it looks very close to my ideal. Great fit and finish, superfast wide tires, rigid fork. Only things I don't like are the overpriced/small batteries (thanks Bosch), and the wheel diameter is pretty big (though maybe because Schwalbe doesn't make those tires in 26 or 27.5 any more?). Also the head tube angle looks more relaxed than I'd like

I was hoping this kind of bike would become more prevalent, but considering how little we've heard about it, maybe not.

Anyone here tried it?

Canvas NEO 2 has 400Wh battery, but Canvas NEO 1 has 500Wh battery, which would probably not be considered small by most.

Back