Cannondale Adventure Neo — Frame Sizing + Are They Any Good?

stephen_mcateer

Region
United Kingdom
I just purchased a Cannondale Adventure Neo 4 over the internet without trying one for size. [Possibly not my best ever idea…]

Does anyone know if this bike is going to fit me at 6' 2" / 35" leg measurement [190 / 89cm] ?

I saw somewhere on the internet that the LG size of this bike, which is what I've ordered, is equivalent to 56-58 cm / 22-23" frame size, in which case it's likely to be okay for me but I don't know if that was an actual measured result or not.

And also: is this bike going to be suitable for the hills around here, which are plentiful but low-medium steepness? [I'm about 190lbs.]

I don't plan on using it for anything other than pleasure rides on a sunny day - maybe ten miles or so.

I should maybe also point out that I'm 58 and very unfit.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
The e-bike as such is good. It should be OK for moderate hills. Do you feel OK on your e-bike while riding? The e-bike size in case of a true low-step (as yours) only matters for very short and very tall people (you are a tall person, I give that). Can you slide the seat-post safely as much up as your leg on the pedal is almost straight but just minimally bent? If yes, don't worry and just ride.

The only weaker point of that e-bike is a smallish battery but as you say, you do not plan any longer rides. Any decent e-bike is better for an unfit person than a traditional one! And your fitness might grow to the level you would start thinking of buying a spare battery!

I was a heavy and ailing person of age 58 when I bought my first e-bike. Still ailing but far slimmer, and able to riding really long distances! E-bikes have changed my life...

The e-bike as such is good. It should be OK for moderate hills. Do you feel OK on your e-bike while riding? The e-bike size in case of a true low-step (as yours) only matters for very short and very tall people (you are a tall person, I give that). Can you slide the seat-post safely as much up as your leg on the pedal is almost straight but just minimally bent? If yes, don't worry and just ride.

The only weaker point of that e-bike is a smallish battery but as you say, you do not plan any longer rides. Any decent e-bike is better for an unfit person than a traditional one! And your fitness might grow to the level you would start thinking of buying a spare battery!

I was a heavy and ailing person of age 58 when I bought my first e-bike. Still ailing but far slimmer, and able to riding really long distances! E-bikes have changed my life...
Okay thanks for that Stefan. Sounds encouraging.

I have a few little health problems but nothing that should cause me big problems on the bike I think. [it won't arrive here until next week probably]

I don't think the small battery will be a problem, unless I decide to ride further but I don't think I will. I suppose I could upgrade to a bigger battery if I need to.

As for frame size — I think it should be okay as you say. I'm not hugely tall.

I'm about 10 or 12 kilos over my old weight but I'm hoping to lose some of that over the summer.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting out on it. I used to enjoy cycling but the hills around here made it difficult — I'm hoping the eBike will change that.

Cheers.

Please report your ride impressions and some photos when you get your Adventure!
Your e-bike is inherently good and beautiful.
And it is your first e-bike. My first one was not of the same class as yours: it was a tradional hybrid bike with a rear-hub drive. Still, it let me make my first metric centuries!

Okay — I'll post some pictures when I get it. I might also try and do a video review, we'll see.

[The main reason I chose this bike was because of the colour and design, which are maybe not the best reasons…]

[The main reason I chose this bike was because of the colour and design, which are maybe not the best reasons…]
You need to feel good on your e-bike! It is as important as the specs!
(There are many luxurious e-bikes I wouldn't touch because of the looks) :)

Back