Camera Options (Which is Best?)

DDuB420

Im currently looking into different camera options for my ebike. Main goal is to record some videos then add GPS data overlapped on the video of certain trail rides.
Ive been looking into the GOPRO series and WASP camera setups. Currently leaning more towards the
Wasp Gideon that comes with a watch w REC button.

Do any of you guys have camera setups or any knowledge with these 2 brands?
Are their better cameras for off road biking that im missing?

i just bought a handlebar mount onto which I plan to just attach my current Olympus waterproof camera and use it like that. $15

i just bought a handlebar mount onto which I plan to just attach my current Olympus waterproof camera and use it like that. $15

I'm also looking for it to be kind of stealthy, a waterproof Olympus camera attached to my handlebars or helmet isn't going to work for me recording easily off-road.
I really like the POV videos of trail riding I've been watching lately on youtube, I want to do something similar but with the option to switch from helmet to handlebars quickly.

Hey DDub,

I have a Garmin Virb Elite and have enjoyed it so far. It has easy to use instructions and because it's a Garmin it automatically tracks your position and overlaying maps and other data (Heart rate monitor, temp, cadence) depending on what accessories you buy. They connect through a software called Ant+. Anyway it's pretty cool and easy to use. If you have any direct questions I'll be happy to try and answer them!

Cheers,
James

Yeah, the Garmin Virb seems pretty cool, James has shared some video that was shot with his camera that has the overlays with speed and stuff... It's pretty awesome, adds a lot to the presentation :)

My camera handlebar clamp came in today. I'll try to shoot a video on the way to work tomorrow. I have no idea how long I can shoot it with the regular camera or what but we'll see what comes out of it.

camera-handlebar-mount.jpg

hi Ralph,

Here is the product on Amazon. One clarification - when it says Quick release attaches/detaches in seconds, they mean the entire rig and NOT only the camera. The camera needs to be unscrewed from the mount. Otherwise it's awesome and works as advertised.

Hey Brambor, thanks. Just ordered it. I am running out of real estate on my Dash handlebars. I put a bell on it, hung a bright led white flashing light and have my Ipad mount as well. I guess I could have worse problems:)

hehe. I know what you mean. I ordered a frame bag today. It will go either on the Turbo or my Scott. It is lightweight and it will allow me to go without a backpack.
:)

Yep both elites :)

I have a method to my madness, one virb for front view using the garmin bike mount. The other virb will have the go pro mount adapter attached with the under the seat reverse go pro mount. The virb will be pointed behind me.

I just ordered a dry bag mount for my iphone 5S which will be mounted dead center of my handle bars (landscape). I'll turn on the rear virbs wifi and connect to it from my iphone using the virb app. Now I'll have a rear 180 degree view camera with live video feed on my handlebars. No more turning my neck to check for cars and I can record some sweet rear view videos.

I got 2 of these for mem cards. Thanks again for the heads up James these cameras are amazing.

Now I'll have a rear 180 degree view camera with live video feed on my handlebars. No more turning my neck to check for cars and I can record some sweet rear view videos.
That sounds amazing... :D maybe post a full picture of your bike or a video of the rear view video. My mind is getting boggled here.

Back