C7 power setting adjustment

Silvercat

Hi,
Has anyone adjusted their C7 display regarding the power setting, eco, normal, and power modes? I was advised to leave at the
‘power’ setting. I have yet to figure out how to do that.
Thanks!

Hi,
Has anyone adjusted their C7 display regarding the power setting, eco, normal, and power modes? I was advised to leave at the
‘power’ setting. I have yet to figure out how to do that.
Thanks!
Turn screen on,Press and hold + and- buttons. Input code 8088 using +/- buttons,then set button. You will then be able to set Power, Tyre size, Speed,Throttle and Voltage settings using the same buttons.

Turn screen on,Press and hold + and- buttons. Input code 8088 using +/- buttons,then set button. You will then be able to set Power, Tyre size, Speed,Throttle and Voltage settings using the same buttons.

Or 8108 is my Moscow's secret code

Thank you!
Curious what power setting most folks use. Leon’s Cycle suggested I always use the ‘power’ setting. If I understand correctly, does that ‘power’ setting mean an easier time climbing hills?
On flat terrain, I often do not use any battery assist...unless I am tired or lazy!
I do have one relatively large hill, 1 km in length (.62 mile), where I recently have been using a low gear with PAS between 3 and 5, that requires some decent pedal power in one area (wish I could be more specific regarding the degree of ascent). Descending that hill, I easily reach 55 plus kph...need to feather my brakes otherwise I feel I would reach too high and dangerous a speed. 63.4 kph has been my fastest, but that did not feel safe.
I need to check but I believe I am in the ‘normal’ power setting. Would the ‘power’ setting make climbing easier? Likewise, if I were always on flat terrain, perhaps the ‘eco’ setting would make most sense.
Thanks and safe riding to all!

Thank you!
Curious what power setting most folks use. Leon’s Cycle suggested I always use the ‘power’ setting. If I understand correctly, does that ‘power’ setting mean an easier time climbing hills?
On flat terrain, I often do not use any battery assist...unless I am tired or lazy!
I do have one relatively large hill, 1 km in length (.62 mile), where I recently have been using a low gear with PAS between 3 and 5, that requires some decent pedal power in one area (wish I could be more specific regarding the degree of ascent). Descending that hill, I easily reach 55 plus kph...need to feather my brakes otherwise I feel I would reach too high and dangerous a speed. 63.4 kph has been my fastest, but that did not feel safe.
I need to check but I believe I am in the ‘normal’ power setting. Would the ‘power’ setting make climbing easier? Likewise, if I were always on flat terrain, perhaps the ‘eco’ setting would make most sense.
Thanks and safe riding to all!
The Eco,Normal And Power settings only really affect how much toque is produced, especially from a standing start. Some people prefer a more gentle pull away. Eco advantage would be less battery usage. Once you get going I don't think you would notice much difference when climbing hills.

The Eco,Normal And Power settings only really affect how much toque is produced, especially from a standing start. Some people prefer a more gentle pull away. Eco advantage would be less battery usage. Once you get going I don't think you would notice much difference when climbing hills.
Based on my experience, I agree with this. This mode setting only seems to set how much current is provided to get you up to the speed associated with the set assist level. Myself, I use Eco. I don't think the power savings are significant, but I find it gives a slightly more natural pedaling feel. Having said that, I often use the throttle briefly to get me going from a standing start.

So, this would be a good setting for a lady who doesn't like the little jump you get when PAS kicks in from a stop?

Na, I just assembled a Milano+ for a neighbor and she has been starting out at PAS-0, cause she doesn't like the kick from the motor.
Thought mabe I could try eco mode for her.

Appears Leon's is setting these bikes to 'power' setting before leaving the warehouse.
I am sure my Moscow+ was set on Power from the start, I switched it to Normal and could certainly notice the difference. The display never indicates the level though.

I set mine to eco because in my opinion it gives a better feel and more control when ridding on dirt trails. On the original power setting I found starting off peddling in a steep section was too quick and forcing me to push hard to keep up with the motor, it was exhausting. With it set to eco the pedal start is gradual and let’s me build into a natural pedal cadence.

After selecting the setting you want I think you need to exit by press and hold the + and - button again. When I looked at the settings after my first attempt it was still set to high power until I exited this way.

After selecting the setting you want I think you need to exit by press and hold the + and - button again. When I looked at the settings after my first attempt it was still set to high power until I exited this way.

Have you gotten the main display to show your power setting (Power/Eco/Normal) on the main display while you are riding? I cannot get it to show anything except the word "Power" once I saved my settings.

Have you gotten the main display to show your power setting (Power/Eco/Normal) on the main display while you are riding? I cannot get it to show anything except the word "Power" once I saved my settings.
I’m installing a new fork so I can’t turn it on but from what I remember it dose not show the power mode setting while riding. I checked the setting change by going back into the setup menu to see that it was on 1 “eco” mode. The first time I tried to change it I exited the setup by pressing M and and that didn’t save the settings. You should notice a difference in the startup torque once it was properly set to 1 “eco” mode.

I also should have mentioned I have the standard Moscow with the L7 display not the C7 that comes on the Plus.

I’m installing a new fork so I can’t turn it on but from what I remember it dose not show the power mode setting while riding. I checked the setting change by going back into the setup menu to see that it was on 1 “eco” mode. The first time I tried to change it I exited the setup by pressing M and and that didn’t save the settings. You should notice a difference in the startup torque once it was properly set to 1 “eco” mode.

I also should have mentioned I have the standard Moscow with the L7 display not the C7 that comes on the Plus.
I would be interested in hearing how the new fork works out after you have had a chance to ride with it and also a link to which one it is. I was thinking of upgrading as well.

After reading these last few posts, I went to check if my change to ECO mode had locked in, and it hadn't.
I wasn't able to exit the service menu screen by pushing up/ down, and have found now, you press and hold the 'set' button to lock your changes and exit the service screen.

So, I recently got a couple of T720 bikes. The eco/standard/power setting is now LOCKED in power mode!! I contacted Leon Cycle (over a week for a reply) to get the answer of "We recently found out that some bikes are locked in this mode. Sorry for the inconvenience." to me, it is a bit more than an inconvenience... The power setting is way too much torque for my wife. She has to ride without PAS or risk taking another spill. If you stop pedaling to slow for a corner, the bike will want to accelerate to 12kph INSTANTLY once you start pedaling again. She has taken two spills on gravel roads due to this setting and the weight/size of the bike!

So, I recently got a couple of T720 bikes. The eco/standard/power setting is now LOCKED in power mode!! I contacted Leon Cycle (over a week for a reply) to get the answer of "We recently found out that some bikes are locked in this mode. Sorry for the inconvenience." to me, it is a bit more than an inconvenience... The power setting is way too much torque for my wife. She has to ride without PAS or risk taking another spill. If you stop pedaling to slow for a corner, the bike will want to accelerate to 12kph INSTANTLY once you start pedaling again. She has taken two spills on gravel roads due to this setting and the weight/size of the bike!
That's a bummer. Does anyone think swapping the display would solve this? Or is it a controller function? Maybe the display would just have to be swapped temporarily and this setting reset and the setting would stick with the controller when the initial display is swapped back in? I have never quite understood this relationship between the display and controller for the DAS-Kit. Like who runs the show...anyone shed some light? Perhaps not related, but I noted on the Leon web site that the motor on the T720 appears to be a different model - G26 vs X15. Maybe the controller is different too?

That's a bummer. Does anyone think swapping the display would solve this? Or is it a controller function? Maybe the display would just have to be swapped temporarily and this setting reset and the setting would stick with the controller when the initial display is swapped back in? I have never quite understood this relationship between the display and controller for the DAS-Kit. Like who runs the show...anyone shed some light? Perhaps not related, but I noted on the Leon web site that the motor on the T720 appears to be a different model - G26 vs X15. Maybe the controller is different too?
You've tried the secret menu (8018) and changing it there? It just doesn't stick? I've changed mine on my Moscow+ with a C7 display and it remembers the setting but the main display does always show "Power" not "Normal" or "Eco". But I can confirm it makes a difference as I can really feel a difference in acceleration between ECO and POWER.

You've tried the secret menu (8018) and changing it there? It just doesn't stick? I've changed mine on my Moscow+ with a C7 display and it remembers the setting but the main display does always show "Power" not "Normal" or "Eco". But I can confirm it makes a difference as I can really feel a difference in acceleration between ECO and POWER.
In the 8018 menu, I can change voltage, etc... But the power portion of the menu only has "Power" as an option... There are no other choices to select.

Back