C7 power setting adjustment

In the 8018 menu, I can change voltage, etc... But the power portion of the menu only has "Power" as an option... There are no other choices to select.

Wild. I'm sure you've seen videos and such of others in that menu. So strange yours has no choices. I do have a spare C7 display with only 300km on it but the case was cracked (works fine) so Leon replaced it. I'd consider selling it but I'd be more interested in a swap as still have a project I'd like to have a C7 display for. New displays are only like $64cdn too but would suck if you got one with similar issues. EpicCycles and Amego both sell de-restricted displays but you pay more to get them so it feels like a waste where you want less power.

In the 8018 menu, I can change voltage, etc... But the power portion of the menu only has "Power" as an option... There are no other choices to select.
Where are you located? Maybe an existing Das-kit owner would be willing to test swapping a display as a diagnostic tool or maybe even enabling a permanent setting? I imagine a C7 or L7 display would work for this. Just a thought.

Where are you located? Maybe an existing Das-kit owner would be willing to test swapping a display as a diagnostic tool or maybe even enabling a permanent setting? I imagine a C7 or L7 display would work for this. Just a thought.
I am located in western Canada. Might be difficult to find someone with an older C7 to try. I am just going to keep calling and messaging leon's until I get some answers!

Don't think it will be a matter of age.
I've recently changed the power setting on two brand new Milano+ bikes with the C7.
I've also recently assembled a couple of ET T-1000's, but never tried changing their power settings.

Wild. I'm sure you've seen videos and such of others in that menu. So strange yours has no choices. I do have a spare C7 display with only 300km on it but the case was cracked (works fine) so Leon replaced it. I'd consider selling it but I'd be more interested in a swap as still have a project I'd like to have a C7 display for. New displays are only like $64cdn too but would suck if you got one with similar issues. EpicCycles and Amego both sell de-restricted displays but you pay more to get them so it feels like a waste where you want less power.

Don't think it will be a matter of age.
I've recently changed the power setting on two brand new Milano+ bikes with the C7.
I've also recently assembled a couple of ET T-1000's, but never tried changing their power settings.
Possibly the motor type then? The T series uses a different motor.

Yeah, thats a possibility.
If one of the two owners drop by on their bike in the next couple of days, I'll have a look in their service menu.

Yeah, thats a possibility.
If one of the two owners drop by on their bike in the next couple of days, I'll have a look in their service menu.
Did you ever get a chance to try the power menu on your ET customer's bikes? I was put on "ignore" by Leon's customer service.

I have an aspen+. Upgraded my C7 to an unlocked C7 from epic cycle in Toronto. Allows all settings to be altered including too soeed on motor etc. The ones that come with bikes are "locked".

HI Everyone,

I just got my ET.Cycle F1000 August 19, before purchasing it I noticed that it has so much power that I feel like being propelled every time I step on the pedal. I still bought the bike after looking on the page of the manual saying that it has 3 power modes(see attached page). When I got home start reading the manual noting says there is how to change the mode. Searching online I found a site that shows you how to access the advanced mode (Here's the link: https://leoncycle.freshdesk.com/sup...7001133363-what-is-the-das-kit-settings-code- ). Too excited, I tried it right away on my bike, the sad part is I have the same issue as PT109 where I DON'T have access to Eco and Normal modes. WHY :mad:😭?

For me this is a safety concern, from standing to the second I start pedaling the bike has too much push coming from the motor. I feel like I'm falling backward because of a sudden powerful push and I need to grab the brake almost all the time to compensate.

I like the bike and want to keep it, I just want to know how to tame this little beast. I would appreciate honest help here.

@Everlong do C7 controller that being sold are they all unlocked or you are just lucky that what you purchase is unlocked?

Attachments

• 20210821_081348.jpg
    20210821_081348.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 271
I called the seller first thing I did was when I found out that I can't access the other mode. They said they will check with their supplier (which is Leon Cycle) because the bike was just released and they (the seller) don't know the limitation of this bike. I came here to figure out if there's a solution while waiting for the seller's response.

@Everlong, does Epic Cycle confirm those replacement C7 modules that they are selling are unlocked?

Last edited:
I called the seller first thing I did was when I found out that I can't access the other mode. They said they will check with their supplier (which is Leon Cycle) because the bike was just released and they (the seller) don't know the limitation of this bike. I came here to figure out if there's a solution while waiting for the seller's response.

@Everlong, does Epic Cycle confirm those replacement C7 modules that they are selling are unlocked?
I had contacted Leon's Cycle and was told that the adjustments are not an option on these bikes. I cannot get any different answers from them.

They are unlocked as i have one

I had contacted Leon's Cycle and was told that the adjustments are not an option on these bikes. I cannot get any different answers from them.
I know the T1000 has a different motor (G26) than the other NCM bikes (X15), but not clear what the difference is nor whether there is a controller change as well that causes this power setting to be unavailable.

I know the T1000 has a different motor (G26) than the other NCM bikes (X15), but not clear what the difference is nor whether there is a controller change as well that causes this power setting to be unavailable.
You have to buy a C7 controller that was shipped "without a bike". Thats what i did. They look identical, same model number etc. Only difference is it is unlocked

You have to buy a C7 controller that was shipped "without a bike". Thats what i did. They look identical, same model number etc. Only difference is it is unlocked
Interesting..Just for clarity. you mean C7 "Display", not "Controller"? I have the samller L7 Display that came with the bike and it is also unlocked.

@Fred are you saying that the C7 is just a display? Why all cables comes to it to process your throttle, brake signal and wire going to motor? I don't see anything in my bike that tells me thats there is another controller. In fact there's another thread on this forum we're they discussing modifying the C7 to go beyond 32Km/h. So C7 is a controller.

@Everlong thanks for the pictures. This is not good that some bikes are shipped with locked controllers, while others are not. To me that is defective item. If something shown on the manual not active on the unit, that unit is not up to the specifications and need repair.

@Fred are you saying that the C7 is just a display? Why all cables comes to it to process your throttle, brake signal and wire going to motor? I don't see anything in my bike that tells me thats there is another controller. In fact there's another thread on this forum we're they discussing modifying the C7 to go beyond 32Km/h. So C7 is a controller.
Here is a picture of the Das-Kit CT5 I5
controller:
It is a black box and mounted under the downtube near the crank on most bikes. The controller feeds the signals to the motor, controlling amount of current flowing, voltage, etc. You can attach different displays to that controller - in my case L7, in yours C7. There may be some function in the display, but as far as I know it serves as an interface between the rider and the controller. It sounds to me that in the case of some flavours of the (locked?) C7 Display, it is not allowing access to the controller function to change modes from Eco to Normal to Power.

Having said all this, I am NOT an ebike mechanic, so I could be all wet so take it for what it's worth.

Back