Bought our ebikes today.. Finally!

DDBB

We didn't buy what we thought we would.. I was really liking the Yamaha YDX-torc.. Test rode it and it's nice but just didn't seem to fit the bill.. Then I rode a Focus Jam.. Loved the full suspension but it's not a cheap bike and I'd want the second battery so that would add $800 to the price. I ended up buying a Haibike trekking 6.0 and my wife fell in love with the Gazelle.. I also rode the Gazelle and I have to admit it was the most comfortable bike out of all we tried. The completely enclosed chain and internally geared hub and step through design was just perfect for her.. Honestly we will be riding mostly pavement and packed limestone trails so I think we chose correctly. We got a great deal on both as well and saved a lot of money over buying the Yamaha's..

Attachments

• IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 511
Have fun! It does make a big difference to go out and ride.
Hey, now you can use your new rack!

Welcome to the world of ebiking! You and your wife are going to have a blast!

As mentioned by JayVee, protecting the handlebar meter and controls on your new bikes is something to consider. These components can easily be damaged while working on the bike or during transport. There are many rather expensive products on the market that will provide this protection. In my case, I use these cheap "fruit picker" sleeves:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2MGDHE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They simply pull on over the handlebar ends and snap into place.

P1060730.JPG P1060731.JPG

We just went for our first long (for us) ride today. 50 degrees and rain threatening, we did ride through some brief showers but stayed mostly dry.. The ride was 24 miles.. We kept our bikes in the highest assist modes the entire time and used about 40% battery capacity. Anyone who says riding a class one mid drive ebike is "cheating" is wrong.. We are pretty tired. It was a great workout!

We just went for our first long (for us) ride today. 50 degrees and rain threatening, we did ride through some brief showers but stayed mostly dry.. The ride was 24 miles.. We kept our bikes in the highest assist modes the entire time and used about 40% battery capacity. Anyone who says riding a class one mid drive ebike is "cheating" is wrong.. We are pretty tired. It was a great workout!
So glad to see you dive in and are having fun! It's addictive.

I hope you both have many awesome rides on your new steeds, treasure every moment!

Congrats on your new purchase. Great way to enjoy each others company on E-bikes. Keep it going guys and have a lot of fun. Enjoy!

We went for another ride today and now we are both too sore to sit. I told my wife we have to build up tolerance to this by riding a little every day. I hope I'm right but I think we will both be too sore to ride tomorrow. Both bikes are in the living room! For my wife to allow a bike in the living room, much less two bikes means she must really be into it. We feel like kids on Christmas morning even though we are both in our 60's.. Instead of struggling up the hills around the golf course, we breeze up them smiling and just having a great time instead. I'm going to try and get friends and neighbors hooked too.. I can't see how anyone can't be hooked immediately after just one ride.

Your wife will love the Gazelle. I have 540 miles on my Gazelle Arroyo and it rides like a dream. After previously having a derailleur shifter (non e-bike) I have really come to appreciate the convenience of the Shimano internal hub shifter on the Gazelle.

As far as the soreness after your ride, you may be surprised to find that you will be ready to go again after a night's rest. Also, a few minor adjustments in the seat and handlebars can make a big difference.

We went for another ride today and now we are both too sore to sit. I told my wife we have to build up tolerance to this by riding a little every day. I hope I'm right but I think we will both be too sore to ride tomorrow. Both bikes are in the living room! For my wife to allow a bike in the living room, much less two bikes means she must really be into it. We feel like kids on Christmas morning even though we are both in our 60's.. Instead of struggling up the hills around the golf course, we breeze up them smiling and just having a great time instead. I'm going to try and get friends and neighbors hooked too.. I can't see how anyone can't be hooked immediately after just one ride.
Lol!
I've ridden to the office last two days.
Everyone that's tried it comes back with that "Schlitz azz grin" on their face. Too funny!

Get a Cloud 9 seat. Comfy as heck.

I improved the comfort of the existing seat on my bike by getting a gel seatcover. My husband went to the local bike store and purchased a seat that was a better fit for him.

Enjoy the bikes in the livingroom!!! :)

I put an XLC comfort seat on mine today and it's MUCH better. We rode another 20mi. today in a wintery mix of precip and 39 degrees with high winds. I was in pain because I didn't wear a balaclava and I froze my face to the point I was having a hard time talking, ice cream headache etc. My wife was better dressed and didn't complain at all. Winter is coming so we're using the bikes as much as possible before the deep snow arrives

I'm told a flat rear tire on the Gazelle is an end your day event.. I can't figure out how to even get the chain guard off.

Back