Bosch Power pack pin out-diagram?

beetbocks

Hi All
I have recently acquired a bosch mid drive bike from my brother but the power pack is dead.. I have a lot of experience building e-skates and large scale RC models-so i thought i would build my own 10s Lipo pack ..
However i am a little stumped as to what the 5 pins are on the battery connector.
I assume the 2x large ones are the main power in..but what do the 3 smaller ones do ..are they related to the BMS inside the pack?
any help would be much appreciated.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Rich

The charger only has 3 connectors to the pack. If you look on the battery pack, there is a positive and negative marked on two of the connectors. Then I guess I would use a volt/ohm to see if a couple of those go to the lights, or display. BUT, I'd assume there would be some connection to the control board. They read a lot of data while you ride, and display that to estimate range. Seems like there has to be a lot of reserve about just throwing a DIY battery pack on there, but that's just me.

I think what you want to do is re-cell the existing battery. You will be unable to get a self-made power pack to work because Bosch requires the data line to provide the right info, and we sadly do not know what that data should be.

Back