Bosch Intuvia won't switch from off to eco

mattinutah

I have a bosch intuvia and when I first turn it on it cycles through power levels fine but then when I power off and power back on and try to cycle through the power levels it goes to eco but then returns immediately to off. I have cleaned the contacts on display I saw a post on here where someone said to hold down battery button for 10 seconds. I must be dense but I don't see a battery button? Any help much appreciated!!!
thanks,
Matt

Mine also does that occasionally. Sometimes need to power off and then back on. Anyone know what this is about? Some sort of boot-up test that is failing? (wheel moving? etc?)

Turns out there is an "internal battery fail." Which is apparently not uncommon on these. Mine started out only happening occasionally and then got progressively worse to where it would not work at all. Bosch has 2 year warranty on battery - I'm working on replacement as they are $700-$1000 to replace.

Interesting. Perhaps something is at fault here and will continue to degrade over time. 2 year warranty is nice. As would be a fresh battery nearing the two year mark ;)

Turns out there is an "internal battery fail." Which is apparently not uncommon on these. Mine started out only happening occasionally and then got progressively worse to where it would not work at all. Bosch has 2 year warranty on battery - I'm working on replacement as they are $700-$1000 to replace.

Your price to replace is the main battery pack. There is also a small battery in the display. I think it's just a button battery. I'd think you are talking about the small battery in the display has failed.

I've also had an occasional inability to turn on the assist. And then at some point it kicks in and works.

@mattinutah I would drop by your local dealer and have them hook up the software and update the system. They will be able to identify if the issue is firmware or the Intuvia touchpad.

The battery button is located right beside the LED lights on the PowerPack.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

@mattinutah
The battery button is located right beside the LED lights on the PowerPack.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

I was referring to the battery style inside the display. The battery that holds the settings in the display when the main battery pack is removed from the bicycle. Not the physical button on the main battery pack.

@net200777 the lifecycle is so long that it won't be an issue for the vast majority of owners for the life of their bikes. If a customer has an issue this typically would happen pretty quick and with the 2 year warranty is a non issue

@rich c anything can be hacked. Like anything, a dealer nor manufacturer can never support or back this up in case of an issue. While some may know exactly what to do most do not.

@net200777 the lifecycle is so long that it won't be an issue for the vast majority of owners for the life of their bikes. If a customer has an issue this typically would happen pretty quick and with the 2 year warranty is a non issue
I think that when it comes to software related things and little things like Batteries, more technical customers should be able to do this themselves

Back