Bosch Intuvia won't switch from off to eco

@net200777 Not really sure what the issue is as these displays are incredibly reliable. We have yet to ever replace one due to a defective battery.

Replacements are usually required when they get dropped etc....

Last edited:
@net200777 Not really sure what the issue is as these displays are incredibly realiable. We have yet to ever replace one due to a defective battery.

Replacements are usually required when they get dropped etc....
Am I understanding correctly that if the battery goes out in this display and there's nothing wrong with the display the whole display needs to be replaced at$125?

I certainly wouldn't see a problem if I was selling them.

This happens quite frequently with my personal e-bike and i'm able to resolve it by sliding the display slightly off the mount and reseating it.

You will know that your Intuvia's internal battery is dead, if you can not turn the bike on from the display and instead need to power on using the button the battery.

excuse me? This is happening on the 2016 Haibike Xduro I have. It's more than 2 years old. But just barely.
It IS a big deal. Pretty freaking lame. :(

It can also happen from an unresponsive battery, or one that is dead.

First, I suggest a hard reset of the battery. This can be done by pressing down the button on the battery and holding for ~10 seconds. Afterwards, if there is still an issue it may be the battery at fault and I'd suggest bringing the bike to your local Bosch dealer for a diagnosis.

What a deal when a battery costs like a dollar. It's like if my phone's battery dies, I'll just replace the whole phone.
So my bike is 3 days old and it just did this very thing this morning!!! Turned it on/off repeatedly no correction. Rode back home 10 minutes). Parked it at my house. Started to work. Grrrrr.

my tandem did that once and we started riding and I got it to work. then I forgot the battery and it did the same thing. so I wonder if it was just a poor connection somewhere that has not done it sense?

So my bike is 3 days old and it just did this very thing this morning!!! Turned it on/off repeatedly no correction. Rode back home 10 minutes). Parked it at my house. Started to work. Grrrrr.
@Baygulls5 you want to make sure that the mount for the display is not over tightened. The 4 screws should have no more than 1Nm of torque applied. Also depending on your bike’s age you should have the software updated or check the software version currently on your bike to determine if an update is required.

This usually resolves most issues. If the problem persists where you cannot switch between assist modes the likely culprit is the control pad. Your local dealer can check this out quickly via the software and get that swapped out for you under the 2 year warranty. It’s about a 10-15 min job.

Back