Bosch 400 power pack won't shut off

MarkE

Hi all great forum! My 2015 haibike emtb Bosch 400 power pack is acting strangely. Everything functionally works great...it charges , it runs perfectly until I try to turn it off. It then promptly reboots. This happens either in or out of cradle so the battery alone will cycle on without hitting the on/off button. Pushing the power pack button does shut it down but it auto starts seconds later. The only way it shuts off, is if it's attached to the charger and is charged fully. The intuvia controller will go blank and no leds will light on the power pack. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Hi all great forum! My 2015 haibike emtb Bosch 400 power pack is acting strangely. Everything functionally works great...it charges , it runs perfectly until I try to turn it off. It then promptly reboots. This happens either in or out of cradle so the battery alone will cycle on without hitting the on/off button. Pushing the power pack button does shut it down but it auto starts seconds later. The only way it shuts off, is if it's attached to the charger and is charged fully. The intuvia controller will go blank and no leds will light on the power pack. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

I suggest you take it to the nearest authorized Bosch center. They look up all the error codes and reset them.
Also, running a diagnostic test is a much quicker way to point out the problem.
Right now, we are just shooting in the dark.
Sometimes, it's a simple software bug, other times its a hardware issue.

Thanks for the reply. I will take it to the closest Bosch servicing Center. Btw I did take it to a new ebike dealer who ran the Bosch diagnostic program and it reported no errors either in the controller or the power pack. This leads me to believe it's the on/off hardware switch which has failed in the on position. Anyway thanks for the reply!

I used a Powerpack 400 all last year and never once hit the on/off button. In fact, I didn't even know it had one. It's supposed to shut itself off after 10 minutes anyway. My habit is to remove the Powerpack immediately after a ride, and either charge it right then or let it sit on a shelf. In the latter case the LEDs are not lit, as is the case in the rare instances when I leave the battery on the bike. Then system always shuts itself down as evidenced by the control unit turning off. I guess I'm confused. What happens if you don't touch the on/off button? Do the LEDs stay lit?

I used a Powerpack 400 all last year and never once hit the on/off button. In fact, I didn't even know it had one. It's supposed to shut itself off after 10 minutes anyway. My habit is to remove the Powerpack immediately after a ride, and either charge it right then or let it sit on a shelf. In the latter case the LEDs are not lit, as is the case in the rare instances when I leave the battery on the bike. Then system always shuts itself down as evidenced by the control unit turning off. I guess I'm confused. What happens if you don't toucthe on/off button? Do the LEDs stay lit?
R

Thanks for the reply. Yes the battery out of the cradle lights all leds. They will cycle off but will go right back up as if the start button is continuously held. Its likely an electronic component on a board or maybe firmware. I'm stumped! I'll take it back to the Bosch center as soon as I can.

Back