Bosch Performance CX not powering up correctly

stevecee

Region
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been looking around the forum but have not been able to find someone with the exact same issue as I have.
But please let me know if I have overlooked a similar thread.

I have a Haibike All mtn 3.0 with a Bosch Performance CX system using a Purion display.
I went to use the bike and the display would not power up.
I removed the battery and charged it. Once it was full I put it back on to the bike.

The display will not power on using the purion power button, the display will light up when the charger is plugged in and when the power button on the battery is pushed but for only a couple of seconds, the battery indicator only shows 2 bars while the indicator on the battery itself shows a full charge (5 bars?). See pics below.

I notice that the speed value/digits are not showing
The Purion display will allow me to cycle the modes (+/-) but the system shuts off after a few seconds

The bike is clean and well maintained, there are no obvious faults or breakage to cables etc.
What worries me is that the display does not register correct battery level and that it powers itself off after just a few seconds. The main indicator as I see is that the speed digits are "missing".

I also tried replacing the batteries in the Purion, but this had no effect (also verified healthy batteries with a multimeter)

I tried disconnecting all cables to the motor, they are all clean, nothing sticks out as an issue. Only power, display and speed sensor are connected.
I have never modifed or done any alterations to Bosch system.
The main battery itself is secure, and not loose.

Anyone got any ideas what to try next?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• PDisplay.jpg
    PDisplay.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 304
  • PDisplay1.jpg
    PDisplay1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 309
I do not know. I am just thinking out loud to wrap my mind around this problem. Try turning off the battery and restarting the display three times to wipe any power from the internal capacitors. Then turn on the battery and display.
Any chance of water getting into a connection? Really clean bikes are more likely to have water related problems. The problem could evaporate.

Hi All,

I have been looking around the forum but have not been able to find someone with the exact same issue as I have.
But please let me know if I have overlooked a similar thread.

I have a Haibike All mtn 3.0 with a Bosch Performance CX system using a Purion display.
I went to use the bike and the display would not power up.
I removed the battery and charged it. Once it was full I put it back on to the bike.

The display will not power on using the purion power button, the display will light up when the charger is plugged in and when the power button on the battery is pushed but for only a couple of seconds, the battery indicator only shows 2 bars while the indicator on the battery itself shows a full charge (5 bars?). See pics below.

I notice that the speed value/digits are not showing
The Purion display will allow me to cycle the modes (+/-) but the system shuts off after a few seconds

The bike is clean and well maintained, there are no obvious faults or breakage to cables etc.
What worries me is that the display does not register correct battery level and that it powers itself off after just a few seconds. The main indicator as I see is that the speed digits are "missing".

I also tried replacing the batteries in the Purion, but this had no effect (also verified healthy batteries with a multimeter)

I tried disconnecting all cables to the motor, they are all clean, nothing sticks out as an issue. Only power, display and speed sensor are connected.
I have never modifed or done any alterations to Bosch system.
The main battery itself is secure, and not loose.

Anyone got any ideas what to try next?
Thank you in advance

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to put such comprehensive notes into your post. I would recommend taking the bike at this time to your nearest Bosch certified dealer. There, they can run through some further troubleshooting steps with the power cable and possibly the power cable to the Purion. It sounds like one of these may need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to put such comprehensive notes into your post. I would recommend taking the bike at this time to your nearest Bosch certified dealer. There, they can run through some further troubleshooting steps with the power cable and possibly the power cable to the Purion. It sounds like one of these may need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply

I have the buikr booked in for a check up

Thanks again

Steve

Curious what you find out. I have the CX/Purion comb but have never had any issues.

Hi All, A quick update on the issue. It was the Purion Controller, I replaced the head unit and cable and the system was back up and running . The team at Winstanleys supplied a replacement unit at a great price. Thanks to all for the advice.

Hi All, A quick update on the issue. It was the Purion Controller, I replaced the head unit and cable and the system was back up and running . The team at Winstanleys supplied a replacement unit at a great price. Thanks to all for the advice.
So not a warranty issue?

I believe the correct name would be the Purion Display. The controller is in the motor on Bosch.

Actually the Purion is more than just a display. It also combines with the controls for the selection of the power assist level of the bike. The other Bosch displays (Intuvia, Kiox, Nyon) have a separate controller/selector that lives just inside the left handlebar grip with the display mounted normally over the top of the fork/handlebar joint. @rich c you are correct that the motor controller is in the motor but the Purion does combine controls and display in one compact unit. What name would you use to describe the separate unit that the other displays require? I think most would call it a controller as it is what the rider uses to control the motor assist level as well as what screen is displayed.

Back