Software change for shorter crank?

jbrescia

Region
USA
Hello all. I have changed out the cranks on both my niner RLT e9 RDO and my wife's trek verve + to 165mm. I never told my LBS I did this. Do they need to know this when updating Bosch software. I have a gen 4 Bosch performance line speed with a purion display and my wife has a gen 3 active line with a purion display. Thanks!

no no change needed. I think there used to be one for a chainring change on the gen 4 but when I had mine changed my mechanic found no setting for the chainring size so many they dropped that.

Setting it to shorter cranks in the software gives more torque with less human input.
That is to compensate the less torque you can put on shorter cranks.

For the chainring (gear ratio), the manufacturer can change that, but that is not needed. This will only adjust the maximum speed for the walk assist.

Setting it to shorter cranks in the software gives more torque with less human input.
That is to compensate the less torque you can put on shorter cranks.

For the chainring (gear ratio), the manufacturer can change that, but that is not needed. This will only adjust the maximum speed for the walk assist.
So there is a software setting that I should get changed. Thank you.

I changed mine from the stock 170’s to 155’s. With my 29” inseam, I’m able to spin much more efficiently, and fewer pedal strikes on rocky trails.

Back