Bosch e-bike not charging, cycles on/off

dynacord

Region
Europe
Hello all, first post here.

I have a Winora e-bike with a Bosch Powertube battery which stopped charging through the plug. The display (purion) just flashes and the motor cycles on/off. Battery has almost full charge, but it does the same thing even on full or low charge capacity.

I can charge the battery directly when removed with no issues. Wiring in the frame looks okay, battery connector too. Tried a reset procedure (power button for 15s) with no effect.
Made a video of the problem:

Thanks

all thats left is to clean the battery terminals. does the bike work normally otherwise or is this happening always?

Bike turns on and works fine on all modes, total mileage is about 6000km, and battery holds charge for about 60km or so (hilly terrain with a heavier rider).
Tried the charger on another e-bike and it's charging normally. I guess I need to check battery terminals more closely and clean them up (albeit they look pretty shiny)

Bike turns on and works fine on all modes, total mileage is about 6000km, and battery holds charge for about 60km or so (hilly terrain with a heavier rider).
Tried the charger on another e-bike and it's charging normally. I guess I need to check battery terminals more closely and clean them up (albeit they look pretty shiny)
since the bike is running thats not it. it may be the plug on the bike you use to charge with. thats a easy part to replace.

Bosch Powertube battery which stopped charging through the plug. The display (purion) just flashes and the motor cycles on/off.
You are in Europe, so are you using the 6A or 4A or 2A charger?
The 6A charger us using the CAN Bus (green and yellow wires) to communicate with the battery. The others use the 5V charging signal (gray).
If the plus or minus between charging port and battery connector are broken, it will show this behaviour, too. Same with the 6A charger if yellow or green are broken.
Battery gets the 5V or CAN Bus signal to turn on. If it cannot charge, it turns off. And so on.

I think is the standard 4A charger. The plug on the frame is definitely wiggly - going to replace it and report back.

Back