BMX'd my Lectric XP

Good for you guys! Back on topic...

I've finished my dropper post install. It gives me a whopping 14" of travel. 8" on the fly via the remote lever and 6" via the seat post clamp. 26" min and 40" max.
What is the advantages of having a seat post like this other than the ability to raise / lower the seat post in increments? Is there some type of particular bike riding that makes the dropper seat post a must have item? This is the first I've read of a seat post like this is why I ask. Thanks.

My son is in the middle of converting the XP to a front suspension. He ordered the new front forks/shocks from Alibaba and has had the hardest time finding the Neco h185 Ball Retainer Headset threadless. Has anyone had any luck finding this item?

My son is well on his way to converting XP over to a BMX w front suspension. Just waiting for new headset which was a pain to find. (Neco H185 threadless)

So far he has switched out the handlebars and removed the long stem. It is much more stable on the road but the tradeoff is that it is no longer a quick folder/unfolder. He brought it over today in a car folded and it took him 20 minutes to set it up to ride. It is now a good candidate for a bike rack!

So the boy has added the front suspension to the XP and I got a test drive today. OMG, what a difference. With the new handlebars and front suspension combined with the Suntour seatpost, this bike is now so stable and fun to drive. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a trail or two. Don't get me wrong- I love Lectric and all they do, but my boy just took the Lectric to a new level. ( I just wish he would have saved the fenders!)

Attachments

• Lectric w front suspension.jpg
    Lectric w front suspension.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 570
So the boy has added the front suspension to the XP and I got a test drive today. OMG, what a difference. With the new handlebars and front suspension combined with the Suntour seatpost, this bike is now so stable and fun to drive. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a trail or two. Don't get me wrong- I love Lectric and all they do, but my boy just took the Lectric to a new level. ( I just wish he would have saved the fenders!)
The bike looks sick. I was going to take off the fenders but I was like “these are perfectly good fenders”. So I ended up making custom ones.
FF40CF11-C70E-4759-BCC1-C491BD450590.png

This weekend I took her to a skatepark to see how she handles. I’m not a pro but she did pretty well. I posted a video on YouTube if you guys wanna check it out.
AB3B77ED-37B0-429A-A59F-0E642B92AF9E.jpeg

Back