BMX'd my Lectric XP

Did I mention I'm going to put a banana seat on it? Just for show. I'll use a real saddle on a dropper post for serious riding.

View attachment 62234View attachment 62235
I am trying this seat out
20200812_153928.jpg
20200812_153936.jpg

I was inspired by this BMX project and did something similar. I installed mine so that I could use the fold down bar and height adjust. I need to sit up straight due to back issues. I did not need to re-route any cables or purchase any special fork/stem, but did need to cut 2 inches off the insert post so I could drop the new bars all the way down to the lowest possible position so the cables could reach. New bars required additional rubber material to fit snug.
Question for you, Did you switch out your tires? or did you black out the letters? I was hoping to get rid of the white letters.

Other than getting splashed i dont think there's any other downside , but if you're going to be riding in the rain often i will do some research on the water splashing towards the key compartment on the front, Not sure if that will cause any problems

Other than getting splashed i dont think there's any other downside , but if you're going to be riding in the rain often i will do some research on the water splashing towards the key compartment on the front, Not sure if that will cause any problems

I live in Palm Springs and it rains every 3 years!!

How do you like those tires. I was looking at those online the other night. My xp gets here Friday and I only will be riding street.
They are perfect , i also ride on smooth pavement and they're smooth and quiet compare to the stock ones

Just curious, did you remove the stock grips in the original bars? If so, what method did you use? I'm planning on reusing the stock ones on the new bars.

Like many of you I grew up on a BMX. My fondest bike memories come when I was riding my BMX, dozens and hundreds of miles as a child. It turns out with a little imagination our Lectric XP is a good candidate for conversion...

View attachment 59711View attachment 59717View attachment 59718View attachment 59719View attachment 59720View attachment 59721View attachment 59722View attachment 59723View attachment 59724View attachment 59725

My mods were numerous: Bars, head, stem, grips, shifter, bell, pegs, and kickstand. Plus several hours installing it all and tidying up the wires.

Hope you like!

Diggin' your modifications... especially the bars and pegs. Great job on the cable integration with the rear peg and motor!

Just curious, did you remove the stock grips in the original bars? If so, what method did you use? I'm planning on reusing the stock ones on the new bars.
Yes, I used compressed air. Stuck the nozzle in one end and the other grip shot off, then repeat.

Back