BMX'd my Lectric XP

Hiya, this one.

Along with this stem adapter.

Super easy to do. Remove your folding stem, install the stem adapter, then install the stem and handle bars of your choice!
Any tips on removing the folding stem adapter, its super tight ,cant get it loose

Any tips on removing the folding stem adapter, its super tight ,cant get it loose
mission accomplished, thanks for the inspiration sed 🤟🏼
20200816_180714.jpg
20200816_180652.jpg
20200816_180639.jpg

LOVE the conversion !!
Can you share the parts list for the handlebar conversion?
I REALLY want to do this exact mod myself ! :)

Do the handles still fold down well ?

I have to chuckle...Swagtron makes a full front and rear suspension folding 20" fat tire bike (model EB8)...with those same handlebars for $799. It actually looks much better than the modified Lectric projects.

Looks like a 350w on the Swagtron (according to Amazon)... and from what I read, Swagtron support compared to Lectric's is lacking.

There is a Speedrid (Ancheer?) that also has front shocks but no BMX handlebars or rear suspension.

While you have all those lovely cables exposed... dont suppose you checked volts/amps etc for any of them? :D :D :D
Looking to hardwire a USB socket into the bike and assume there is SOMETHING already there i can just tap into :)
...maybe the headlight or controller display ?
5v 1-3amps would be PERFECT :D

I have to chuckle...Swagtron makes a full front and rear suspension folding 20" fat tire bike (model EB8)...with those same handlebars for $799. It actually looks much better than the modified Lectric projects.
Specs on the Swagtron aren't that great. I think the Lectric has it beat hands down. IMO

I actually enjoy modifying my bike to my liking , and lectric comes with a rack and fenders which are extra for the money you pay , plus the lectric guys seem to be reliable and helpful on any problems i might have in the future .

While you have all those lovely cables exposed... dont suppose you checked volts/amps etc for any of them? :D :D :D
Looking to hardwire a USB socket into the bike and assume there is SOMETHING already there i can just tap into :)
...maybe the headlight or controller display ?
5v 1-3amps would be PERFECT :D

I checked them all, no 5v or 12v anywhere! So I made an easy plug in adapter. They are for sale.

Last edited:
Not sure why you would need a USB port. I keep a mini charger in my Rock Bros and have never had to use it. The more I read the more I realize most of us are nervous Nellie's and are overthinking it

Not sure why you would need a USB port. I keep a mini charger in my Rock Bros and have never had to use it. The more I read the more I realize most of us are nervous Nellie's and are overthinking it

I don't, others do. Have you seen the silly gadgets some hang on their handlebars?

I don't, others do. Have you seen the silly gadgets some hang on their handlebars?

The funny part is most of the Ebikers are old fuckers like me and worry warts. I love my bike rides, but to watch this forum is a hoot. Old dudes worrying about something that will never happen. But boy are we preprared!!

Back