Blevo remote control

I haven't been below 10% on the internal battery since I've been using smart power. Next time I am low I'll see what happens. I do know that the range extender set to discharge first with Smart Power works the same. Below 10% it reduces power and at 5% it switches to the internal battery. I do have the remote set so it can disable smart power with a button press. So if I do get the main battery below 5%, I'll be able to switch between smart power on/off and see if actually does enable draining the main battery below 5%.

Sounds like you have smart control set with just the basic settings. If you enable expert mode (top right menu hamburger), there will be more options which include setting different thresholds for smart hr and smart power. Allows to adjust min/max assist levels for each eco/sport/turbo mode as well. This might prevent the low levels of assist you sometimes experienced. If I set eco to 19-98% range I always have a min 19% support in eco.

Sounds like you have smart control set with just the basic settings. If you enable expert mode (top right menu hamburger), there will be more options which include setting different thresholds for smart hr and smart power. Allows to adjust min/max assist levels for each eco/sport/turbo mode as well. This might prevent the low levels of assist you sometimes experienced. If I set eco to 19-98% range I always have a min 19% support in eco.
Just shocking. More options available? Thank you!

I could use some clarification. Does Blevo do this "remote" control using only the phone app?

Or do you NEED that remote control button unit mentioned above?

And, no, so far, I've not succeeded with Blevo and our current weather rules it out - RAIN, RAIN....

I finally got Blevo running. I'm overwhelmed by the numbers and most do not mean anything to me. Interesting info on eco/trail/turbo. She's got an English accent (g) and announced anytime I changed the power settings including battery percent. I did export but while I know I set up Imperial the results were Metric. But I once again set them to Imperial, reloaded the trip and exported and I believe they show miles which I prefer.

Any reason I can't share the MAP? It is grayed out so can't be selected. I did do a screen capture. Hmm. If T Ambient was air temp, it was definitely not 32F!!!

Oh, one more edit: The exported gpx file canNOT be opened by Garmin's Mapsource.

Screenshot_20211001-175438.png

Last edited:
If T Ambient was air temp, it was definitely not 32F!!!
Your e-bike doesn't report ambient temperature. The value is 0 (C).

You can do a very thorough setup of BLEvo by Configuration menu:
  • BLEvo Configuration: Many options for the app behaviour, including the system of units of measure. Spend some time there (if you like, I could show you my settings)
  • Customize Display: it allows you to precisely define what the Dashboard is displaying
  • Bluetooth/ANT+ Device Scan: Scanning for your e-bike but (more importantly) for your HR monitor. (As I own as many as two Spec e-bikes, BLEvo detects the one I'm currently using).
  • Voice configuration: Here you can get rid of the dreaded messages such as "Eco mode on!"
Screenshot_20211002-033308_BLEvo.jpg

P.S. No, you cannot share the map.
P.S.2. Motor Power: It is not the actual motor power. That's the power drawn from the battery. Multiply by .8 (At 240 W motor power, the power draw is just above 300 W).
P.S.3. Calories reported are too optimistic :)
P.S.4. BLEvo typically makes a gross error on the elevation gain. Use "Correct elevation" in Strava post ride.
Otherwise, an excellent app beating any GPS bike computer in its capability to work with Spec e-bikes. Range is very accurate!

Last edited:
Your e-bike doesn't report ambient temperature. The value is 0 (C).

You can do a very thorough setup of BLEvo by Configuration menu:

P.S. No, you cannot share the map.
P.S.2. Motor Power: It is not the actual motor power. That's the power drawn from the battery. Multiply by .8 (At 240 W motor power, the power draw is just above 300 W).
P.S.3. Calories reported are too optimistic :)
P.S.4. BLEvo typically makes a gross error on the elevation gain. Use "Correct elevation" in Strava post ride.
Otherwise, an excellent app beating any GPS bike computer in its capability to work with Spec e-bikes. Range is very accurate!
Why is 'share map' shown as an option but it does not work? Just curious.

I don't use Strava but is the error fairly consistent? How does Strava correct it? Is there a multiplier that might serve to correct it?

Why is 'share map' shown as an option but it does not work? Just curious.
I will check it after our today's group ride.
I don't use Strava but is the error fairly consistent? How does Strava correct it? Is there a multiplier that might serve to correct it?
Strava corrects the elevation gain (and the distance, if you need it) against the map.

@kahn: Could you show me a screenshot where you can see "Share Map"? There is no option like that in the latest version of Android BLEvo.

@kahn: Could you show me a screenshot where you can see "Share Map"? There is no option like that in the latest version of Android BLEvo.
Of course I can! :cool:

But you have to grab the screenshot while that menu shows.... And as mentioned, it is grayed out, so can't
be selected.

Screenshot_20211002-111939.jpg

Because this feature has not been implemented (yet).
Paolo must have left that menu item as a placeholder.

If I understand correctly, BLEvo, combined with the O-synce remote, will allow one to operate the bike as though it has the Mastermind firmware and Road Remote buttons (10% assistance steps). Am I misunderstanding, or is there any other reason this wouldn’t work with my 2021 Creo with NON-Mastermind TCU? If it works, I’ll definitely buy the O-synce.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Being impatient and all, I went ahead and ordered the remote. I seriously doubt it will work, based a reading a bit more, but I’ll give it a try.

Last edited:
It works well with the Vado SL so should be ok for a Creo. It is slightly different than Microtune but overall I prefer it for an SL motor anyways. Blevo will allow you to adjust the assist amount in increments greater/lesser than 10% assist so it is more flexible than microtune. Blevo also has a +/- and ++/-- assist setting so you can set two different levels of assist adjustments to be controlled by the osync buttons. Also a big boost option. The downside is that whereas Microtune adjusts both support and peak power, Blevo only adjusts the support level. On the Vado SL this is ok for me since I would normally just set peak power to 100 for all settings. Blevo also has rules that Eco/Sport/Turbo settings assist levels have to be in ascending order and (possibly) limits on the assist range for each of them. This might require you to change the assist level via the Creo's TCU buttons to get the assist in the range you want.

To be honest, I had fun playing with adjusting the assist when I first got the osync. It is very useful for tweaking and finding the differences in assist. However once I found that Blevo's smart power worked well for me - I stopped using the osync remote for assist adjustmens. It is still very useful for being able to toggle/zoom the map display - particularly in the winter where my gloves don't work well with my phone's touchscreen. In fact I use this with my Tero even tho the Blevo adjustments don't work - it is still useful when I want to use the map for navigation - infinitely easier to use the buttons than to try to work the touchscreen.

It works well with the Vado SL so should be ok for a Creo. It is slightly different than Microtune but overall I prefer it for an SL motor anyways. Blevo will allow you to adjust the assist amount in increments greater/lesser than 10% assist so it is more flexible than microtune. Blevo also has a +/- and ++/-- assist setting so you can set two different levels of assist adjustments to be controlled by the osync buttons. Also a big boost option. The downside is that whereas Microtune adjusts both support and peak power, Blevo only adjusts the support level. On the Vado SL this is ok for me since I would normally just set peak power to 100 for all settings. Blevo also has rules that Eco/Sport/Turbo settings assist levels have to be in ascending order and (possibly) limits on the assist range for each of them. This might require you to change the assist level via the Creo's TCU buttons to get the assist in the range you want.

To be honest, I had fun playing with adjusting the assist when I first got the osync. It is very useful for tweaking and finding the differences in assist. However once I found that Blevo's smart power worked well for me - I stopped using the osync remote for assist adjustmens. It is still very useful for being able to toggle/zoom the map display - particularly in the winter where my gloves don't work well with my phone's touchscreen. In fact I use this with my Tero even tho the Blevo adjustments don't work - it is still useful when I want to use the map for navigation - infinitely easier to use the buttons than to try to work the touchscreen.

Great information! Thanks for the reply.

I’ll just have to play with it and decide what I like. I haven’t actually tried BLEvo’s Smart Power yet, so maybe that’ll be my preference as well. I did try Mission Control’s version once, and came to a quick halt at the beginning of a steep hill. That may have been my own fault though, as I didn’t yet understand support vs assist, and could have screwed it up.

I'm so irritated! Went to https://www.o-synce-shop.de and tried to order the O-Synce Multiremote. Everything went well until I wanted to check my order out. Clicking Continue and the page was not working.

For some reason, all possible Amazon shipments were from the U.S. No German online store had the remote in stock. What gives?
P.S. The Web page had a glitch when opened in Google Chrome. The "I agree to the terms..." line was hidden. Passed through that obstacle with Opera browser.
P.S.2. Eventually ordered the remote with BLEVODISCOUNT code. Let's se how it works when I get the remote!

Last edited:
Back