Bike work stand

Any chance you could post a picture of the bike on the stand with the rear wheel still on the ground and then raised? Thanks.

The Pedego Interceptor can be clamped on either of the down tubes:

P1060773a.jpgP1060774a.jpgP1060775a.jpgP1060776a.jpgP1060777a.jpgP1060778a.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a shot of the bike flipped upside down. Without thinking, I set up the PCS-10 under my grease rack and there wasn't enough clearance to do so. (pic 1)

It is only necessary to lift about 25 of the 62 lb total weight since most is in the rear.
Of course this will vary depending on the bike configuration.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a shot of the bike flipped upside down. Without thinking, I set up the PCS-10 under my grease rack and there wasn't enough clearance to do so. (pic 1)

Great share for new users. Well done. I now strip down my bike and am able to use that rechnique on some frames. My newest scratch build has a large down tube nearly impossibly large.

Great contribution of picture!

@6zfshdb , your photos are super helpful, especially since we also have three interceptors at our house. Our bikes all have fenders, so I'm wondering about mounting the bike a bit lower, using your method of lifting the front and clamping, then rotating the clamp. That wouldn't make it possible to rotate the bike to upside-down position, though.

View attachment 24456View attachment 24457View attachment 24458View attachment 24459View attachment 24460View attachment 24461

It is only necessary to lift about 25 of the 62 lb total weight since most is in the rear.
Of course this will vary depending on the bike configuration.
Thank you.

@6zfshdb , your photos are super helpful, especially since we also have three interceptors at our house. Our bikes all have fenders, so I'm wondering about mounting the bike a bit lower, using your method of lifting the front and clamping, then rotating the clamp. That wouldn't make it possible to rotate the bike to upside-down position, though.

I think if you clamp the Pedego as in pic #1, the rear fender should just clear the floor. You should then be able to rotate the bike counterclockwise to flip it 180 deg. The front fender should clear the floor when you swing it. With no fenders on my interceptor, I can't test it to be sure. Be very careful with the bike flipped over though. The stand is a bit unstable in that position.

@6zfshdb I got the PCS-10 and am trying to duplicate what you did in the photo. I can lift the front and get it into the clamp just fine, but I can't get the bike to stay up. When I lift the rear wheel and tighten pivot clamp that rotates to keep it off the ground, it won't stay up. Maybe I'm not strong enough to tighten it enough? Thoughts? For the moment, I put the back wheel on an ice chest so I could try to tighten the pivot clamp, but can't get it to stay up. Here's a photo:
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 1.38.00 PM.png
This is the pivot clamp that I'm trying to tighten to keep the bike up, but I can't tighten it enough, maybe?
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 1.41.32 PM.png

Last edited:
You do have to tighten the pivot clamp quite a bit. Try taking the gear off your rear rack and position the clamp a bit closer to the cross tube over the water bottle cage bosses. Also remove the seat & post and straighten the front wheel to put more weight forward.

Sometimes, oil or grease gets in the PCS-10 pivot clamp making it more prone to slipping. You might check that as well.

@6zfshdb I got the PCS-10 and am trying to duplicate what you did in the photo. I can lift the front and get it into the clamp just fine, but I can't get the bike to stay up. When I lift the rear wheel and tighten pivot clamp that rotates to keep it off the ground, it won't stay up. Maybe I'm not strong enough to tighten it enough? Thoughts? For the moment, I put the back wheel on an ice chest so I could try to tighten the pivot clamp, but can't get it to stay up. Here's a photo:
View attachment 24549
This is the pivot clamp that I'm trying to tighten to keep the bike up, but I can't tighten it enough, maybe?
View attachment 24550
Yeah that's way off the center of gravity. MUST move more towards the rear.

Success!! A little, anyway, in terms of getting the back wheel elevated, and A LOT in that I did it by myself. ☺️ I used a piece of pipe to get more force on the pivot clamp. Here is a photo of the pretty daylight shining underneath my rear tire. 6465A7EC-6E4D-418C-A684-4AAE427C39A8.jpeg
And I cleaned the derailleur and chain. I also knocked the chain off a few times so got some practice putting it back on!! ?

Feedback Sports Pro Elite. My bike at 52 pounds is held secure. As others have state, it is a chore to hold the bike with one hand and turn the vise clamp with the other even though it snaps snug with a press of a button and then a few cranks of the handle.
IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1051.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg

I like my PCS10 and I'd buy another, but as I become increasingly less able it's difficult to load and raise a 60lb eBike alone.
I have the park prs25 and I am very happy with it. It's more or less the same as the pcs10 but it's a lot lighter. Very strong stand, love it. See, I don't have bad things to say about everything , only the ones that deserve it, Ann, Bruce, and anybody else that has a problem with the way I feel about juiced. ? oops, I have to wait 352 seconds, what kind of crap is that?

Success!! A little, anyway, in terms of getting the back wheel elevated, and A LOT in that I did it by myself. ☺️ I used a piece of pipe to get more force on the pivot clamp. Here is a photo of the pretty daylight shining underneath my rear tire. View attachment 24551
And I cleaned the derailleur and chain. I also knocked the chain off a few times so got some practice putting it back on!! ?
Careful! The mechanical advantage of an extended handle can help, but could exceed the strength of the device. Releasing will be as hard!

Success!! A little, anyway, in terms of getting the back wheel elevated, and A LOT in that I did it by myself. ☺️ I used a piece of pipe to get more force on the pivot clamp. Here is a photo of the pretty daylight shining underneath my rear tire. View attachment 24551

Ok, progress!!

You had the right idea when you blocked up the rear wheel with the cooler. If you hold the bike in that position, you should be able to re-clamp it with more of the weight forward. It's an extra step but still saves lifting the whole weight of the bike.

Me feedback stand has a different clamp on it than the one in the above pics

It is some kind of push lock thing, i only see it on 2 stands on their webpage
Slide lock clamp..??

I dont remember if i had to turn it to tighten it too or not, seems like we did not

do not have it with me

Either way we rolled the bike seat tube into it so was not as big a deal to clamp it down, but it might be easier for quickly clamping a heavy ebike..

I to struggle with my PCS stand when I want my heaviest bike on it. $1800 for a stand/lift is out of the picture unless I had a big increase in kit installs. I'm wondering if a second device like Mom suggested would solve my issues when working alone... hmmmmm..... $20 is a cheap add-on device for lifting.

Downsides?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.51.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.51.42 AM.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 447
I've used this Wrench Force stand for a few years...heavy duty from a Trek lbs.I bought the Saris Bike Beam when I bought my Magnum..I didn't want to trust the grip on the seat post.20180818_150638.jpg20180818_150624.jpg

While most of my e-bikes are around 65 lbs, its a pain to lift them to my bike stand. The Radwagon is the one that is hard to work on weighing in at over 100 lbs with both motors.

Now, I use a JEGS aluminum 3 ton hydraulic jack and a ordinary G3 bike stand to lift my dual motor Radwagon. The jack lifts the bike and I can bring the stand over with one hand and clamp the seat post. Once its locked in, the bike doesn't move at all. Its good for removing the rear tire for cleaning or when I need to true my wheel. The jack is probably overkill, but it makes lifting the bike a piece of cake.

hydraulic jack.jpg

The jack weights about 58 lbs so its pretty light.

Last edited:
Back