Bike Trainer stand for Lectric XP?

Chums

So I bought this ebike to get some exercise in than what I'm currently doing now (which is ride my motorcycle or drive my car, so not much) and I wanted to know if anyone has brought a bike Trainer stand to "ride" their bikes indoors due to maybe bad weather or just wanting to use the bike as a indoor bike

So I bought this ebike to get some exercise in than what I'm currently doing now (which is ride my motorcycle or drive my car, so not much) and I wanted to know if anyone has brought a bike Trainer stand to "ride" their bikes indoors due to maybe bad weather or just wanting to use the bike as a indoor bike
Just get one of these

I, too, am trying to find a trainer (not rollers) that can be used with an ebike. We have some seniors that have or want ebikes, but are in terrible shape physically, have fears of falling, haven't ridden much, are concerned about "all those functions". For them a trainer is perfect using a step through ebike. They can get some indoor exercise where the bike is stable, they can get used to getting on and off a bike, they learn how to control the functions, etc. Problem is, we can't connect our current trainer to the ebikes because the electronic wires run through the middle of the hub nuts!!! No way to connect with pinching/cutting/breaking the connection. Can't attach to frame instead of hub (should be a way to do that). Very frustrating. Rollers are too unstable for the seniors....front fork support/roller set up?....not with an ebike....again because of how they are configured. Surely with the new explosion of sales in bikes some 'trainer' company has or can come up with a solution!! Very frustrating.

I, too, am trying to find a trainer (not rollers) that can be used with an ebike. We have some seniors that have or want ebikes, but are in terrible shape physically, have fears of falling, haven't ridden much, are concerned about "all those functions". For them a trainer is perfect using a step through ebike. They can get some indoor exercise where the bike is stable, they can get used to getting on and off a bike, they learn how to control the functions, etc. Problem is, we can't connect our current trainer to the ebikes because the electronic wires run through the middle of the hub nuts!!! No way to connect with pinching/cutting/breaking the connection. Can't attach to frame instead of hub (should be a way to do that). Very frustrating. Rollers are too unstable for the seniors....front fork support/roller set up?....not with an ebike....again because of how they are configured. Surely with the new explosion of sales in bikes some 'trainer' company has or can come up with a solution!! Very frustrating.
You could always get a mid-drive eBike. It would be no different than hooking up a non-eBike to a trainer. Not a cheap solution though.....

Go for the Blackburn Mag5. It is quiet and folds. It also has five levels of resistance and is not too pricy. Depending on tire width, you may want to make your own block to lift and hold the front out of a U-shape of 2x4's screwed together with drywall screws.

I don't know if it makes sense to put an ebike on a trainer. You can just ride the trainer in a really low gear on a non-electric bike so that there isn't much resistance. It is not like you will be able to go further with an ebike unless you are doing a virtual ride in Zwift or something.

I don't know if it makes sense to put an ebike on a trainer. You can just ride the trainer in a really low gear on a non-electric bike so that there isn't much resistance. It is not like you will be able to go further with an ebike unless you are doing a virtual ride in Zwift or something.
I think he has space for one bike and wants to keep in shape during the windy Chicago winter.

I see a problem an lectric may not hold up if you really ride it a lot on a trainer. tis not a long distance bike its not setup for that kind of riding. plus you may wear it out far sooner.

I think he has space for one bike and wants to keep in shape during the windy Chicago winter.
Yup. Windy, slushy, sleety, snowy, cold . . . I could go on but I don't want to gross you out on a lovely September day. It would be nice to be able to set the bike on a trainer in the winter and put the trainer away once the weather breaks and it's time to ride for real. (And for me, it's not for hard training. Our friend upthread described what he wants one for, and the same thing would fit my needs too: "I, too, am trying to find a trainer (not rollers) that can be used with an ebike. We have some seniors that have or want ebikes, but are in terrible shape physically, have fears of falling, haven't ridden much, are concerned about "all those functions". For them a trainer is perfect using a step through ebike. They can get some indoor exercise where the bike is stable, they can get used to getting on and off a bike, they learn how to control the functions, etc. Problem is, we can't connect our current trainer to the ebikes because the electronic wires run through the middle of the hub nuts!!!")

Along that line, has anyone seen one of these in real life? I just found it on the internet.
https://www.electricbicycleworld.com/indoor-trainer-stand-for-electric-bikes-trikes-and-tandems/

Your link is just the stand. The eWheel kit is on sale for $2,200. Plus it's out of stock. You could buy another bike for that.

Back