Lectric XP 3 Handlebar Question

leehop71

Region
USA
City
Cape Coral
I bought the Lectric XP 3! It came and, via the instruction video, I got it ride ready.

I gave it a test ride and everything is in good working order!

I bought the bike and they threw in the passenger package.

The bike is for my wife and once the weather breaks she wants to learn to ride and ride passenger with me!

There’s only one problem. She’s only 4’11” and the handlebars are too much reach!

Anyone know of a fix outside of reversing the stem?

(I’ve seen that video and as a last resort my LBS will do it if need be!)

I watched a video on YouTube. It was very easy to do. I'll try and get a picture of the end results up later or Saturday. I do recall the hardest part was holding the handlebars while putting the 2 allen bolts back in the stem. It took me about 15-20 minutes to flip the steering stem.

I watched a video on YouTube. It was very easy to do. I'll try and get a picture of the end results up later or Saturday. I do recall the hardest part was holding the handlebars while putting the 2 allen bolts back in the stem. It took me about 15-20 minutes to flip the steering stem.
Thanks Scooter! I have seen 2 videos and the second one I can handle because he gets the bolt loosened without taking off the gizmo part with the spring!

Let me ask you this Scooter, what did you use to loosen the bolt to rotate? You need some leverage and I don’t think a 6mm Allen wrench will work in and of itself?

For comparison against a stock handle bar having Xpedition. And a basic Allen set is all I used.

Attachments

• 20230915_104904.jpg
    20230915_104904.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 195
Pictures uploaded wonky....

Attachments

• 20230915_105023.jpg
    20230915_105023.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 20230915_105057.jpg
    20230915_105057.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20230915_104921.jpg
    20230915_104921.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 157
For comparison against a stock handle bar having Xpedition. And a basic Allen set is all I used.
how comfortable is that passenger seat? is it something that is easy to take on/off if we wanted to get the passenger and cargo packages and swap them from time to time?

how comfortable is that passenger seat? is it something that is easy to take on/off if we wanted to get the passenger and cargo packages and swap them from time to time?
Actually I bought a very similar seat I swapped out on my Denago and put it on the XP 3.

The stock seat on BOTH bikes were made for young folk!😉

That passenger seat is from my XP 3.0. It fit but it was a pain to make it work on the Xpedition. So it can he done but easy on/off is out of the question. I'm going to buy a MIK plate and see if I can make it work for the passenger seat.

My wife likes the XP passenger seat cushion. She's around 135ish and her booty doesn't complain.

I have my bolt real loose but can’t get the stem to budge!

Mine has a washer around the bolt which I don’t see in any of the videos!!?!?
IMG_0913.jpeg

The large bolt in the middle and the 2 small side screws.
The large middle allen you have pictured holds everything together.
The 2 smaller side allen bolts do as well.
Hope this helps!

I find the Xpedition bars on the low side and the reach is a tad to far. The stock OEM adjustable stem has a limited range. I have a DavidBrandNew BMX bar conversion kit and some GT 4 piece handlebars. Only issue I see is the display clamp is huge, much larger that 22.2 BMX bars and I've yet to find a way to cleanly make the display clamps fit the BMX cross bar. Some electrical tape might work but I don't want it looking sloppy.

I find the Xpedition bars on the low side and the reach is a tad to far. The stock OEM adjustable stem has a limited range. I have a DavidBrandNew BMX bar conversion kit and some GT 4 piece handlebars. Only issue I see is the display clamp is huge, much larger that 22.2 BMX bars and I've yet to find a way to cleanly make the display clamps fit the BMX cross bar. Some electrical tape might work but I don't want it looking sloppy.
You seem to have a whole lot more knowledge than I do Scooter!😉

Thanks to you I got the stem rotated and hunkered down!

Now if I can get the handlebars flipped I’ll be down right proud of my limited finite mechanical mind!!🤪

I just took the handlebars out of the top of the stem assembly and put them off to the side with everything still connected. After I rotated the stem shaft around I just popped the handlebars back in. But starting the allen bolts that hold the handlebars would benefit from a helper to hold the handlebars. I got it by myself but I should have had my wife help. She (my wife) has helped with all sorts of crazy jobs. Pulling a motor out of a Honda Silverwing scooter, reinstalling said motor, removing a dash from a 64 Impala and many other task.

Success! I get told all the time that I should make How-To videos for YouTube. I do a bit of teaching/training at my job and I used to hold build parties at my house when working on scooters or motorcycles. Everyone says I'm a great teacher because I point out all the little things that trip most people up. I keep looking at another 2-stroke something to mess with (maybee a Vespa P200E again) or 250cc import street bike. But yeah, I hated those bar flip videos for the XP! I fumbled thru it. I'm old school bmx and have little experience with newer bicycle tech.

I, too, found the stock handlebar reach to be uncomfortable and I reversed the stem. I then found the handlebars to be a tad too close when dismounting, so I pushed them forward a bit with a 3" extender.

Keep in mind that the stem will now fold in a different way when collapsing the bike. I just slide the handlebars out of the stem and bungee them to the collapsed bike rack on the rear. Also, loosening the stem allen screw was a major effort. They really torque that down.

Last edited:
Back