Bike tires? Puncture proof? Skid proof?

I bought some slime branded tubes. The valve plugged up after a year and a half. Could not add air when the inevitable 15 psi/6 months leakage happened. Threw them away, use regular tubes and no slime. Knobby tires keep the trash off my tire carcasses.
I've found that by the time the sealant clogs the valve cores the sealant is substantially dried out and won't plug punctures very well. Usually the performance of slime tubes is best when they are pretty new and gradually deteriorates over time. If you use 'em (and they do have valid uses) you should replace them at least once a year.

This is really no different than having to recharge sealant in a tubeless tire.

You can easily remove the valve core on a Slime tube and clean it, though.

This may help explain it.

PINCH FLATS (UNDERINFLATED)​

Also known as “snake bites” because they show up as two tiny little punctures, side by side on your tube, pinch flats are the result of your tube being pinched between the road and your rim while you’re riding.

Tube-Removal-7-Rim-Pinch.jpg

Pinch flats are usually the result of an underinflated tire, because there’s not enough pressure to keep your rim off the road when going over bumps. The typical pinch flat usually goes something like:

7:00am: “Hmm, my tire’s a little low. I’ll pump it back up when I get to work”.

7:15am: “Here come those speed bumps. Just another ordinary commute”.

Bump-GRANK (<-- that’s the sound of your metal rim hitting the pavement)…

Hissssssssssss (<-- and that’s the sound of the air sneaking out of those two fresh holes in your tube.)

Just make sure you’re all aired up properly before you roll out, don’t go hopping huge curbs or anything on thin tires, and you should have no trouble riding pinch-flat-free.

DG…
i went fron 700c 35 to 700c 42 lot bigger new tubes don't leek as much lot of weight on 35mm 42 bigger i have pinch tubes too most people here cant change a tyre they are too smart you now what you are talking about

Back