Bike racks. What do you use, and why?

Check on their site (Saris) for their vehicle fit guide https://www.saris.com/
There are a few Fiat 500 models, so not too sure.
Expensive? I guess that's relative. I found mine on Amazon.ca and it was discounted because it had a blemish (which I can't find and don't care about). That was $270 CAD.
Also see them at Rack Attack for $300 CAD or so. Looks like there are numerous Saris dealers in Mtl.

The rear fender is a Canadian Tire CCM branded one which has the strap and screw attachment method. This looks like it...

@DaveMatthews - Nice looking rack. (I said that to a girl once, and she was offended. I wonder what that was about.) Do you think it might fit on a Fiat 500? (Girlfriend's car.) I've never seen that brand of rack before. Did you buy it in Canada? Expensive?

But I wanted to ask you about the rear fender you show in your first post. It looks like it clamps to the seat post? I've got a couple of bikes (non e) that I still use and they have no fenders. The kind of fender you show looks like it MIGHT work for me.

(A few weeks before getting my e-bike, I was commuting to work after an overnight rain. And one stretch of my route is along a path by a park. It looks like fine gravel on the path, but it must be some kind of mix, maybe even with some cement powder, and riding without fenders on that bike, I got the back of my shirt RUINED by the stuff. It doesn't wash out... I've tried super hot double wash, soaking in CLR, rubbing alcohol, and nothing gets that dirt out. I don't want to throw the shirt out because it's super bright yellow and helps make me visible in traffic, but I'm embarrassed if I have to stop somewhere and people see the dirty shirt. So, I've got to have fenders!)
google SKS Germany mountain mudguards

I use two Thule Insta-gator racks for pickup truck beds. It's not for everyone as the bikes have to be lifted into the bed. I like them because the bikes are more protected from road grime, etc. It also leaves the hitch available for other duties.

If you have a 2 inch hitch this looks great for any style bike, fenders or not, fat or thin. Great price point too.

Rola Convoy 1 bike hitch rack for 2 inch reciever. 80 pound capacity $190.00 free s/h. (Up to 4 bikes with 3 add-on units, sold separately)

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Rola/59308.html

@DaveMatthews - Nice looking rack. (I said that to a girl once, and she was offended. I wonder what that was about.) Do you think it might fit on a Fiat 500? (Girlfriend's car.) I've never seen that brand of rack before. Did you buy it in Canada? Expensive?

But I wanted to ask you about the rear fender you show in your first post. It looks like it clamps to the seat post? I've got a couple of bikes (non e) that I still use and they have no fenders. The kind of fender you show looks like it MIGHT work for me.

(A few weeks before getting my e-bike, I was commuting to work after an overnight rain. And one stretch of my route is along a path by a park. It looks like fine gravel on the path, but it must be some kind of mix, maybe even with some cement powder, and riding without fenders on that bike, I got the back of my shirt RUINED by the stuff. It doesn't wash out... I've tried super hot double wash, soaking in CLR, rubbing alcohol, and nothing gets that dirt out. I don't want to throw the shirt out because it's super bright yellow and helps make me visible in traffic, but I'm embarrassed if I have to stop somewhere and people see the dirty shirt. So, I've got to have fenders!)
@DaveMatthews - Nice looking rack. (I said that to a girl once, and she was offended. I wonder what that was about.)

Awfully small nuts on that seat post, I once said to a guy, and he got offended. Don't know what that was about....

Are there any suggestions for transporting up to four (4) bikes (two ebikes and two regular) - aside from renting a van? The quikrack mach 2 looks cool, but it's probably expensive as hell and doesn't even seem to actually exist at this point. I do really like the potential modularity of it...
I have a Hollywood Sport Rider SE4 hitch rack. It has a removable section for 2 additional bikes (not pictured). It can carry 4 bikes up to 50 lbs each. It carries my and my girlfriend’s ebikes that weigh less than 40 lbs without batteries (Felt Sport E 50 & Trek Verve +) and her son’s non-electric mountain bike with no issues. Highly recommended.

I believe they also make an ebike version for heavier ebikes.

I just messed up! Ordered the Yakima Holdup2 only to realize they won't work with fenders!
Hmmm well:
1. Take off the front fender
2. cut it right in front of where it attahes to the frame
3. see if it will hold tight enough clamping in front of the fender.

I'll figure soemthing out when I can look at it.
Not the end of the world to remove the front fender.

I just messed up! Ordered the Yakima Holdup2 only to realize they won't work with fenders!
Hmmm well:
1. Take off the front fender
2. cut it right in front of where it attahes to the frame
3. see if it will hold tight enough clamping in front of the fender.

I'll figure soemthing out when I can look at it.
Not the end of the world to remove the front fender.
Dang it!
I wonder if your bike can take different fenders?

Back