Bike Path Dirt Road Bike Mountains

mogulman

Region
USA
City
Colorado
Me: I live in the mountains in Colorado. Bigger guy 250lbs after getting injured last year, hoping to lose weight. 5'8". Lower Back issues (metal rods in my back from surgery), and recovering from broken pelvis. Also, left leg has muscle issues due to nerve damage from my back. Flat bars seems better for me than drop bars. I tend to ride for 1.5-2 hours most of the time. Not much more than 30 miles, mostly from seating (nerve) issues. I've found the most comfortable seat I could find.

I have a Giant Reign E+1 2020, that I love riding in MTB trails. I'm pretty rough on it. Just had it serviced with new rear tires. I also have a Cannondale Quick Carbon flat bar road bike. When I lived in the city I replaced the cassette on it for lower gearing 11-32 -> 11-36. That helped me a lot down there, but up here the hills are a lot bigger/longer.

Was thinking about getting another ebike for riding Bike paths (kind of beat up paths) and dirt roads. Any recommendations? Cannondale makes a Quick NEO SL1, but they are out of stock everywhere. Also, not sure if the x32 motor would be enough for a bigger guy like me. Same thing with the Orbea Vibe h10. Maybe something like a Gazelle Medio T10+? or a hard tail EMTB? Just want to make sure components are decent so shifting is good and battery/motor is powerful enough for a bigger guy like me. I like the idea of the Specialized Vado SL 4.0 or 5.0, but just not sure if the motor is enough for me. I don't really care about using the motor on flat, except maybe to make up for bike weight.

I would be using this for fitness/fun and not commuting. Mud guards and bags aren't that interesting for me.

Went and tested a Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0. Exactly what I was looking for. Found a hill to ride up and it was just enough power to help me. Waiting for mine to be built!! Woohoo. Only wish they some other color choices.

What about the Orbea Rise?
01_rise_micro_header_22.png

Not sure why you want another bike for offroad when you have Reign. If you stay with Giant try to make sure batteries are interchangeable, that way you get 2nd battery.

Yeah...I don't need a full suspension. I already have one. New Giants are different battery anyway, so no point in staying with Giant. Also..Giant didn't make a bike that really fit what I needed.

Back