Best Wireless Earbuds for Ebikes

BCrider

Looking for recommendations on wireless earbuds for bike rides. I currently own the Apple Airpods Pro, but I find that they do not cut out the wind noise much and the noise cancelling actually makes it worse. I am really looking for an earbud that fits well and cuts out as much noise as possible.

Last edited:
That might be a tough ask. Most in-ear buds still have some protrusion and that generates wind noise. I have FIIL T1X TWS from Amazon for under $50 and they are working great for my walks, I haven't rode with them though. Honestly I would probably only put one side in at a time too (these can work independently so you can use one or the other or both) as even at low volumes you really can't hear much of your surroundings which is a potential hazard to you and others. They do fit well, have a good fit kit with various options, and are highly ranked in the reviews. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YBYN3P9

Prime day is coming (Oct 13/14) and these types of things are often found at a good discount. Black Friday is also not that far away and has good deals too.

For years I used a set of JLAB Audio Fit Sport 3 Wireless:

The ear piece fits deep into the ear canal and cuts out most wind noise. Unfortunately, the also cut out all the other noise, like vehicle traffic, too

I recently purchased a set of AfterShokz bone conducting headphones which don't block out any noise, because they don't sit over your ears. Unfortunately they don't block out the wind noise either, since they're not sitting over your ears.
I can actually ride, listen to music and talk to other riders with this bone conducting headphones.

Anker Soundbites Slim (Amazon) work quite well. $35 Canadian. In general, I find most Anker products to be of very good quality, with very attractive prices. I also have another, similar product from them that are 3 years old and still going strong. One pair is always ready to go.

I often listen to Audiobooks when I ride by myself, but also use them for receiving cell calls too.

I recently purchased a set of AfterShokz bone conducting headphones which don't block out any noise, because they don't sit over your ears. Unfortunately they don't block out the wind noise either, since they're not sitting over your ears.
I can actually ride, listen to music and talk to other riders with this bone conducting headphones.
I found traffic would block their sound while walking biking would be worse. .

Looking for recommendations on wireless earbuds for bike rides. I currently own the Apple Airpods Pro, but I find that they do not cut out the wind noise much and the noise cancelling actually makes it worse. I am really looking for an earbud that fits well and cuts out as much noise as possible.

I started out with wireless earbuds, but they kept popping out when I would hit bumps. I ended up buying these and they are fine. The cord is a little annoying but they sound fine and I can take phone calls if I need to...

Ive just been using this Monster Bluetooth Speaker for my music needs instead of a earbuds...the speaker can get really loud and fits in my bike bottle/cup holder or I strap it onto my rack or backpack. I find that using a speaker I can also hear for traffic incase I need to be aware of anything instead of blocking all outside sounds out and being oblivious.

I'm no expert on ear buds but I did almost hit a teen on the bike trail last Spring when he rolled out across the trail without looking in my direction. His ear buds must have prevented him from hearing my bell followed by shouted warnings as I screeched to a stop next to him. He seemed awfully surprised that I was there, on my side of the trail, stopped inches from him. He pulled his ear buds out and rode on.

Just suggesting that being able to hear traffic is valuable to a cyclist...😎

I love mine and so does my wife! She BEatched about the price until she used it once!

Wow I like the look of the Sena, then I looked at U.K. pricing and thought the equivalent of US$250 was a bit steep for my occasional use. I generally don’t ride with audio but as I plan more miles on the ebike it might be something i utilise more

I love mine and so does my wife! She BEatched about the price until she used it once!

I also use a Sena helmet for listening to audio. It does not block external sounds and is much safer than in ear products. The audio quality isn't quite as good as earbuds but when you factor in earbud wind noise, the difference isn't that great.

Wow I like the look of the Sena, then I looked at U.K. pricing and thought the equivalent of US$250 was a bit steep for my occasional use. I generally don’t ride with audio but as I plan more miles on the ebike it might be something i utilise more

Those are pretty awesome, and the price isnt that bad? Its 130 bucks...comparing that to some full faced helmets that come in at 300-400 bucks, its a steal.

I use the Jabra Elite 75t. They're comfortable, stay in my ears, and if I need to hear what's going on around me, I turn on the "Hear Through" feature. I think they do a much better job of blocking wind noise than Airpod Pros because they have a better fit inside your ears.

Back