Best ebike repair stand

If you don't want to spend a lot of money this stand works well. Not perfect, but for the money I can't complain. I'll do a more indepth review later but I don't think there's a better stand under $100. My Frey CC without battery is 65 pounds and it held it just fine.

View attachment 54815
Mines coming in tomorrow.

Mostr stands handle 50 lbs at most and many e-bikes weigh in at 65-75 lbs and so the choice is limited. Slide mount clamps are fine for a light road bike but not for a single person hoisting a 70 lb e-bike. If I want to adjust the derailleur I need to be able to spin the rear wheel and so the bike needs to be supported off the ground. When repairing the rear tire it is easier if the bike is supported on a sturdy stand.

I would like a strong stand for a 70 lb e-bike but at this point in time the best supports are for bench mounting and as they cannot pivot out of the way when not in use they are not something I want in the shop.

I use the Feedback Sports Pro-Elite stand. It is rated at 85lbs, folds up for storage, and came with a carrying bag. I don't have a really good picture of it.

Bike_5-27-19.jpg

Bikehand HD Bike Stand. Rated for 110 lbs. Holds my big electric cruiser just fine. Folds up nice for easy storage. $169

So, do you really want the best ebike work stand or an okay, inexpensive one. I own the best but it costs as much as a good Chinese ebike. I do almost all the maintenance on my three bikes and have a really complete workshop. I have never shied away from buying good tools or good books.

The work stand built in Portland, Oregon by Efficient Velo Tools is beautifully made, professional grade equipment. The clamping mechanism slides up and down a pole mounted on a 135 lb. steel plate. There is an 18 or 30 pound counterweight inside the pole. You push the clamp down to the bike, lock it in place, secure it on the the seat post and then lift the bike up already clamped in.

I figured at age 70, lifting 75lb German ebike up 4-5 feet, holding them in place with one hand while tightening the clamp with the other, it was just a matter of time before I did serious damage to either a bike, myself or both.
20200228_133749 - Copy.jpg

Along the same vein, my Bike Hand YC100BH is an adequate stand for a 55 lb bike for not much money.

So, do you really want the best ebike work stand or an okay, inexpensive one. I own the best but it costs as much as a good Chinese ebike. I do almost all the maintenance on my three bikes and have a really complete workshop. I have never shied away from buying good tools or good books.

The work stand built in Portland, Oregon by Efficient Velo Tools is beautifully made, professional grade equipment. The clamping mechanism slides up and down a pole mounted on a 135 lb. steel plate. There is an 18 or 30 pound counterweight inside the pole. You push the clamp down to the bike, lock it in place, secure it on the the seat post and then lift the bike up already clamped in.

I figured at age 70, lifting 75lb German ebike up 4-5 feet, holding them in place with one hand while tightening the clamp with the other, it was just a matter of time before I did serious damage to either a bike, myself or both.
View attachment 94423
I thought for the price it really needs to be motorized. this would be really easy to make and just bolt it to the floor. it costs more then a park motorized stand. I am all for supporting local and it is made where I live but it is really expensive for what it is.

I thought for the price it really needs to be motorized. this would be really easy to make and just bolt it to the floor. it costs more then a park motorized stand. I am all for supporting local and it is made where I live but it is really expensive for what it is.
For me the fact that it is not motorized makes it better. It will never need new brushes or a new coil, a new switch or rewiring. With the counterweight it actually moves up and down quicker and easier than a Park electric. It uses a simple counterweight system and is very well designed, well built and elegantly conceived. The Park electric truly seems tinny, needlessly complicated, bulky and flimsy by comparison. I have seen the two side by side in a local bike shop. All the mechanics prefer working with and sing the praises of the EVT. This is what decided me on it.

The clamping mechanism is far more robustly made and has just a two inch, heavy latigo leather- lined, uber positive clamping surface eliminating the need for adjusting the seat up on most bikes, as you need just 2" of exposed seatpost. It also pivots and rotates 360 degrees, locking into any position with ease, while on the stand.

Clearly it is not the right stand for many or even most home bike mechanics. But if you can afford one, it will not disappoint.

Last edited:
Bikehand HD Bike Stand. Rated for 110 lbs. Holds my big electric cruiser just fine. Folds up nice for easy storage. $169
Got one of these the other day. Works well on all my bikes - other than it won't lift the bike up for you...
Well priced at $199.98 CDN + tax (Amazon.ca)

I bought this one a couple of years ago and it works fine. It held my Frey CC, Lectric XP with mods, Espin Sports and of course the 2 Gravelsters from Ride 1 up. Probably wont last 10 years but it does the trick. Most of the time I did remove the batteries before engaging in any wrenching...

That Efficient Velo Tools stand looks like the creme de la creme, if you don’t need something that’s portable.

I have the Feedback Pro Elite, and it has been a nice stand for many years on my analog bikes.

On ebikes however, it truly begs for mercy. Battery removal is a must in my opinion.

With dual motors on my radwagon, my cargo bike is easily over 120 lbs without batteries. I usually lift up the rear of the bike and sit it on 2 floor jacks; one on each side of the side platforms. It lets the rear wheel spin making it easy to work on the rear brakes and test it. The front wheel acts as the 3 support point.

To lift the entire bike, I'll add a hydraulic jack at the bottom bracket to lift the bike; (when I'm testing my front motor). This is also very stable with along with the 2 floor jacks. You can climb on the bike to pedal or add the batteries to test it.

If I have to remove the wheels, then I flip it over and rest the bars on some foam pads. The seat is high enough to act as the 3 support point but sometimes I'll use a jack on the tail of the cargo bed to hold it up.

I’m a dundervhead. I sold my hydraulic lift. A $1000 rig when I sold my Vespa GTS. I could have easily adapted it. Where I not disabled and still an active builder I’d invest in one of several powered bike lifts. But alas I’m winding down and no longer play at building with various motors and frames. And having resigned from California eBike support when Doug sold it I have no reason to try new builds learn more to help customers and no more helping old fellas build theirs.

My Vespa lift saved me far more than it’s entry cost. Oh well, time to just ride and have a helper or LBS do the work. “Athur Itis” has ended wrenching anyway…

I use this one for my Ride1Up 700XR.

E Bike Repair Stand Bicycle Stand (Max 100 lbs) - Bike Stand for Maintenance, Bicycle Repair Stand with Quick Release for E-bikes, Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes https://a.co/d/fdI0zZT

I use this one for my Ride1Up 700XR.

E Bike Repair Stand Bicycle Stand (Max 100 lbs) - Bike Stand for Maintenance, Bicycle Repair Stand with Quick Release for E-bikes, Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes https://a.co/d/fdI0zZT
I hope so.. one review found from Amazon:
1.0 out of 5 stars Clamp is not made for heavy bicycles
Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2022
Material Type: carbon steelVerified Purchase

The telescoping column is strong because it's made of steel. The clamp head uses a silicone type material that constantly falls off of the clamps. Needs to be redesigned with the material that stays in place and grips the bicycles better. Unfortunately, I missed the return date. I'm stuck with it.

I think with any stand you have to figure a way to work SAFE with it. I’ve always wanted to have a Park Professional Stand like I used in all of the bike shops I’ve ever worked at, but the issue for me is SPACE. The metal plate that these stands are attached too is over 80 lbs and it will rust also, so being in the typical Upstate New York garage may not be the best thing.
AEB36D92-B89B-4FE4-9E73-8B9291E9C8EA.jpeg

Please excuse the bike in the picture, but this is my ancient Park Stand that I’ve had since about 1990. While I have not had an e-bike in it yet, I have used it to service my Gary Fisher Gemini MTB Tandem, and my Rans Rocket Recumbent and the Rans V-Rex that I just retro-modded. So the heaviest bike was probably the Gemini at about 50 lbs all up and cantilevered but supporting the Stokers Seat tube and leaving the fork or the front wheel on the ground.

Attachments

• D69F79AC-025E-4161-B85E-D59A40139DB8.jpeg
    D69F79AC-025E-4161-B85E-D59A40139DB8.jpeg
    858.3 KB · Views: 162
I hope so.. one review found from Amazon:
1.0 out of 5 stars Clamp is not made for heavy bicycles
Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2022
Material Type: carbon steelVerified Purchase

The telescoping column is strong because it's made of steel. The clamp head uses a silicone type material that constantly falls off of the clamps. Needs to be redesigned with the material that stays in place and grips the bicycles better. Unfortunately, I missed the return date. I'm stuck with it.
This is due to user error. The silicone ends won’t fall off if you place the bike on the stand while the clamp is completely horizontal. They have fallen off on me when I don’t do that. The feet on the floor also would rotate and you can pull them off. I placed one wrap of electrical tape, around the pole, and slid the feet back on. They are now firmly in place. Some people aren’t good at using things. There was also another review (somewhere else, not Amazon) about how bad the clamp is and how it doesn’t really clamp. Their bike fell out. If you check the users pictures, you’ll see that they had the clamp upside down. I’ve seen numerous reviews on other items that, as you read them, you can tell that the user is not operating the item well and leave a bad review because of that.

This is due to user error. The silicone ends won’t fall off if you place the bike on the stand while the clamp is completely horizontal. They have fallen off on me when I don’t do that. The feet on the floor also would rotate and you can pull them off. I placed one wrap of electrical tape, around the pole, and slid the feet back on. They are now firmly in place. Some people aren’t good at using things. There was also another review (somewhere else, not Amazon) about how bad the clamp is and how it doesn’t really clamp. Their bike fell out. If you check the users pictures, you’ll see that they had the clamp upside down. I’ve seen numerous reviews on other items that, as you read them, you can tell that the user is not operating the item well and leave a bad review because of that.
This is an all too common problem. The number of first posts from new members, denigrating their new bike for its flaws and problems, when it is obvious they have not even read the manual is stunning. It is bad enough when they come here asking for help that is right there in black and white if they bothered to refer to their manuals. However when they burst on the scene badmouthing perfectly good bikes due their own lack of information, my sympathies rapidly diminish.

Back