Best ebike repair stand

T. Sayed

Hi everyone, what’s the best ebike repair stand for a specialized Vado? Any recommendations and pics would be helpful.

They all pretty much suck. It's difficult for some to lift a heavy eBike into the clamp. I learned from a member here to tilt the stand, partially clamp and tip back. But some bikes are a pain due to cables being pinched.

BTW there hundreds of posts asking the same thing. It's best to use the search function to find them. Most log time members get tired of answering the same question, do yourself a favor and search the forum

To lift my machine I have a cable come-along hanging from my garage rafter with a nylon sling to keep from scratching the bike.

Whichever stand you decide on, make sure the clamp opens wide enough to accept the larger diameter ebike tubing. Otherwise you will have to clamp the seatpost, which should have a light coating of grease on it. Not a good idea.

Believe it or not, I've taken to putting my bike rack on the back of my car and using that as a "stand" for cleaning my chain. It works surprisingly well.
Tried that with a mid-drive. Does not work very well. My rear hub drive works fine on the rear rack for chain cleaning, etc.

I use this method: Place a milk crate near the stand and lift the rear tire onto it, then take the front end of your bike and lift and place in the bike stand clamps. With a little practice, you can get it to line up with the clamp. I also wrap a clean rag around the clamp to ensure I do not damage paint/decals on the frame of the bike. I also like the bike lift/hoist attached to the rafters of the garage. Save your back folks!

Update: I also discovered that I can simply balance the rear tire off the ground while pushing the frame slightly forward using the kickstand as a fulcrum point. This action allows me to do light chain and gear cleaning without a stand. Once I practiced for awhile, I was surprised how well it actually works. My kickstand is mounted towards the rear of the bike on the chainstay, so pedaling is not a problem for constant chainring rotation. Whatever works!

Last edited:
I rolled the dice and ordered this one on amazon yesterday. Was only $99 when I ordered, seems price has gone up slightly. What I liked about it (besides the price) is the weight rating is 66 pounds which is higher than most stands. My bike weighs a little more but figure I can remove battery to be under. It also has 3 legs (like the feedback sports stands). Also has a strap to stabilize the front fork which I haven't seen on many stands. Figured with amazon it's easy enough to return if it doesn't work out.

Hi everyone, what’s the best ebike repair stand for a specialized Vado? Any recommendations and pics would be helpful.
Here is my solution I made it from scraps. The two end pieces pivot to self center on the bars. Bike is Vado 4
2438D85D-503D-4277-8646-CAA825452436.jpeg
22C2FA3C-9EDB-4DDB-865E-4CBD92B677E9.jpeg
8A486277-DE68-4AFB-87B0-8A2150D26BA3.jpeg

Have you had any issues with the 10.2 and tipping since the bike is so heavy? I’m trying to decide on that or the feedback elite pro.

Here is my solution I made it from scraps. The two end pieces pivot to self center on the bars. Bike is Vado 4View attachment 54321View attachment 54322View attachment 54323
Try these... a great product with a discount price... enter code First10. :)

1591236964192.png

Last edited:
Have you had any issues with the 10.2 and tipping since the bike is so heavy? I’m trying to decide on that or the feedback elite pro.
I have the PCS-9.2 and it works very well with my 65 - 70 lb Rad Rover. No problem with tipping. As a 70 year old guy, I do have fun getting the bike onto the rack. I like the milk carton idea and will try tipping the stand over to the bike. The clamp is strong.

TT

I'm using a Park Tool PCS-10 original for my Giant Fathom E+2. Zero issues and it's solid as a rock. Works great on the top bar.

Super good grip, not that I'd recommend having the bike upside down. Just showing the versatility.

Back