Battery voltages.

I've thought about sticking aquarium thermometers to my motor, controller, and battery.

Screenshot_20240519-175218_Amazon Shopping.jpg

They only go up to 34°C, but I found these for a coffee ☕ cup,..

Screenshot_20240519-175015_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20240519-175058_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If your battery has a metal case that's better too.
Metal conducts heat away better and gets hotter than plastic would, so you can keep a better eye on it by putting your hand on it to check the temperature.
Yes my battery is inside an metal case I have enclosed photos if that helps,great news then if my battery is 30a maximum.
As you explained very professionally a 22a KT controller would be good with 750watt bafang rear hub motor.
Can't say I'm not a little anxious but this will be my first experience of an upgrade on an Ebike,so i do apologize for all the questions I just want to be safe and at least not set my bike on fire.

Attachments

• IMG_20240518_084800.jpg
    IMG_20240518_084800.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240518_084736.jpg
    IMG_20240518_084736.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240518_084746.jpg
    IMG_20240518_084746.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 23
Yes my battery is inside an metal case I have enclosed photos if that helps,

I saw the pictures, but wasn't sure if I was seeing a metal case or not.

great news then if my battery is 30a maximum.

I'm just speculating that a 21AH battery would have a 30 amp BMS.
My three batteries do, and the smallest one is 19AH.

I suppose that if your battery was only intended to deliver power to your stock ~250 Watt motor, it could have a smaller BMS?

As you explained very professionally a 22a KT controller would be good with 750watt bafang rear hub motor.

I'm no professional but I did manage to install a 25 amp KT controller on my e-bike.
The project turned into a Huge chore when my motor cable wouldn't plug into the KT controller, so I had to cut the cable off my old controller and solder it directly inside the KT controller.

20230121_113256.jpg

Can't say I'm not a little anxious but this will be my first experience of an upgrade on an Ebike,so i do apologize for all the questions I just want to be safe and at least not set my bike on fire.

No problem.
I don't mind trying to answer your questions based on my experience, and I don't want to give any bad advice that would help set your battery on fire, so I told you everything that I could think of for you to consider.

You have already connected your battery to a 17 amp KT controller with no issues, and I would hope that if your battery does have a smaller BMS, like say, 20 amps, then it will cut out or blow a fuse if you go past that limit.

Just keep in mind that heat is the enemy and any excessive heat is bad, especially with the battery, so keep touching the battery case during your testing phase to keep a real close eye on it.

On a related note,..
When my brand new $840 CAD 25ah battery arrived at my door, I managed to kill the damn thing within 10 minutes. 😂

I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was check the shipping voltage of the battery, and managed to short out the battery while plugging it into my voltmeter.

I thought that I blew up my BMS, so I spoke to the vendor about a replacement BMS, and she told me that the BMS is short circuit protected and should reset after the short is removed.

I managed to get it working and was told to make sure that the battery charger is plugged into the outlet before it's plugged into the battery, which was the opposite of my other two batteries.

I like my all my stuff to be idiot proof so I keep doing dumb s*it to test it. 😂

Thanks so much I will update in due time as the motor has not yet arrived,on a different note would I been safer or better to order a 500watt motor I did have the opportunity but I thought bigger is better,but with risks and a slight anxious approach to this I guess that would of been the really safe option.
But like you say I'll test it keep my eye on the voltage and the heat on the battery,once again thank you for all your input it all was clear and easy to understand as I'm not very good with all the electric elements of battery's Controllers and so on.
Greetings from the Netherlands.

,.. would I been safer or better to order a 500watt motor I did have the opportunity but I thought bigger is better,

It's not the motor, it's the controller.

You can put a 35 amp controller on a 500 Watt motor. You just just have to use it smartly, meaning only short bursts of full power.

You can also turn down the power of your KT controller.
I cut my power in half, so 12.5 amps max. I did it to help increase my range. I don't care how long a ride takes me, I want to go as far as possible on a charge. (Without pedaling of course because I'm not in to that. 😂)
My maximum was 85 km for my 25ah battery from fully charged till my controller started kicking out at 40 volts.
It took me 5½ hours.

But like you say I'll test it keep my eye on the voltage and the heat on the battery,

The voltage only tells you how much battery you have left.

The current or power tells you how fast you are draining your battery. (How many amps you're pulling from the battery)
That's the important one.

once again thank you for all your input it all was clear and easy to understand as I'm not very good with all the electric elements of battery's Controllers and so on.

Your welcome.
I'm good at electronics but not very good at putting it into words, so it's good to know that you understand what I think I know. 😂

Greetings from South Western Ontario, which coincidentally is a lot like the Netherlands.

It's almost perfectly flat and windy around here.

We've got our windmills too, much like you,.

20230816_105622.jpg
1-3635779444.jpg

I like your windmills better.
They're smaller and last forever.
Our windmills turn into expensive garbage in 20 years.

I just unboxed the coolest motor I have ever held with an amazing display. It is going on a cargo build this week. The motor works from 24V to 60V and is fully programable.

Last edited:
My hub motor isn't programmable.
It's just a simple brushless geared hub motor.
All the software and programming is in the controller and display.

Now if I could just figure out how to ditch the display and sensors and have complete and direct control of my controller using just my throttle with NO Software Interface/Interference At All.

That would be my perfect build.
Just like controlling a motorcycle but I would have functional pedals that work very well but are reserved for emergency self rescue, cause I don't wanna pedal. 😂

Last edited:
My hub motor isn't programmable.
It's just a simple brushless geared hub motor.
All the software and programming is in the controller and display.

Now if I could just figure out how to ditch the display and sensors and have complete and direct control of my controller using just my throttle with NO Software Interface/Interference At All.

That would be my perfect build.
Just like controlling a motorcycle but I would have functional pedals that work very well but are reserved for emergency self rescue, cause I don't wanna pedal. 😂

You can remove the display. Only problem is that you’ll be confined to full power, full time. With the device you have on your throttle, this may be ok for you. Your controller may have come with a plug that shorts 2 sets of wires. One of those shorts, you run to a key switch. Then that will be your on/off.

Ped
Can you drop a site to find the info, about this motor?
Tia,
http://minshine.cn/upload/files/2019/4/T154-manual.pdf

The company saw my local reviews on google maps and wants me to be an authorized service center! It is the best made motor I have seen and I work part-time at an electric bike shop that services all the high-end ones such as Bosch. This motor has been around for two years sort of under the radar so any bugs could be worked out.

Coincidentally, I bought my first ebike about about ten years ago.
It was intended for the Dutch market,..

20230204_115534.jpg

20240331_132230.jpg

I got it for $400.
It was completely punched and worn out, but it came with new batteries (three 10ah 12V SLA), and it worked !!

20230204_115723.jpg

The suspension forks wobbled front to back more than they moved in and out. 😂

You guys over there on the other side of the pond put your throttle on the wrong side of the handlebars, so when it was imported to the New World, they just flipped the handlebars over to get the throttle on the proper side but now my gear shifter is Really Messed Up !!

20240331_132300.jpg
20240331_132311.jpg

So am I in 2nd gear or 5th gear??
Am I going slow or fast, or forwards or backwards or am I riding upside down??

The only way to know for sure what the Hell is going on is to look at it through a mirror, and that's really hard to do when riding along in reverse and don't know how fast your going.

The thing is a tank and just keeps going, but it WILL NOT Go faster than 25 kph.

The power cuts out at 22 kph, and when you hit 25 kph, the regeneration kicks in. The harder you pedal the more you pump your energy into the battery. The regeneration is progressive and automatic, so there is simply no way to go faster.

In my research attempts to find out how the hell to bypass that crap, I found this info,..

There was one for sale in England,..

Screenshot_20220831-161509_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Same price I paid. Bucks pounds, whatever?
Screenshot_20220831-163059_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It's definitely not a "manman" ebike.
It's a "girlgirl" ebike. 😂

I'm pretty sure it was designed for young Dutch girls to deliver tulips to the market?
You guys do like your tulips 🌷,..

Screenshot_20240520-170032_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So in an effort to "man it up" I rode the snot out of it half corked and the other half stoned. 😂
Couldn't ride it no hands though, cause I would go into a HUGE Speed wobble within 2 seconds.

I like this ad,..
"Willing to trade for a ride on lawnmower". 😂

Screenshot_20220831-163408_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I'd trade mine for a lawnmower too,..

At least it burns gas like a real "man machine" is supposed to. 😂

An electric ride on lawnmower would be a gutless piece if crap that would kill the batteries in 20 minutes regardless of how big the batteries are.

Attachments

• 20230204_115918.jpg
    20230204_115918.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 25
http://minshine.cn/upload/files/2019/4/T154-manual.pdf

The company saw my local reviews on google maps and wants me to be an authorized service center! It is the best made motor I have seen and I work part-time at an electric bike shop that services all the high-end ones such as Bosch. This motor has been around for two years sort of under the radar so any bugs could be worked out.
Why not install the motor and put a few miles on it before you cream yourself? 🙃

Why not install the motor and put a few miles on it before you cream yourself? 🙃

Yeah @PedalUma

Why not buy another one, install it on something racy, and see if it starts on fire 🔥 when you Max it out?

If it burns up, you can sue the company and make MILLIONS !!! 😂
And get a new pair of shorts .

Ha ha guys thanks for the input your a crazy but great humor here it's amazing all the advice and funny comments glad I found this forum,well yes I'll wait till everything arrives and like you say if it burns it burns 😭 😭 😭.
No on a more serious note I read you can turn down the AMP On the settings in the display.
Is that possible in the LCD 8 display that would be an option for me any Im sure someone will let know . greetings from the Netherlands.

Attachments

• IMG_20240521_053644.jpg
    IMG_20240521_053644.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 27
I read you can turn down the AMP On the settings in the display.
Is that possible in the LCD 8 display

Yup,..

Screenshot_20240520-235111_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20240520-235140_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

And don't forget to turn on your imitation torque control if you haven't already.

Here's a link to a link to the User Manual,..

Back