Battery Cost: $1,299

Kevin Fang is one of them . If you look on Boltons site he rebadges 50 percent of his bike from them . I'm going to bed , rest well .
Not a fan of either. We went out of our way to assist Kevin only to be disappointed. Rebranded BTN. ARGH! But we all do what floats our own boat. Ride it like you stole it! Sleep well!

Not a fan of either. We went out of our way to assist Kevin only to be disappointed. Rebranded BTN. ARGH! But we all do what floats our own boat. Ride it like you stole it! Sleep well!
Good morning , who is we ? Yes the language barrier is crappy . Just to get it straight I am not pushing them or anyone else I just happen to have two of their bikes I am happy with .

I was absolutely going to buy a juiced bike. Then I dropped one of the batteries for my present bike and had to replace it (cost $399). I would be buying Juiced to get the big battery so I wouldn't have to carry a second. So, after this event I wanted to see how much a Juiced battery would cost. They cost $1,299 dollars (1/2021). A while back I priced them at $899, which I though was just a little high. But $1,299? I think that price is really, really high. I paid around $1,100 for my present 1,000 watt bike. It works really well for me. I want to give it to my wife to get her into e-bikes, and then get a new one for myself. After accidently destroying a bike battery I realize that it can happen. But in any case you may need to replace batteries over time if you are an avid rider. So, Juiced bikes are off my list. I did talk to Juiced bikes about this, explaining that cost of ownership is always a consideration on consumables such as batteries. They said they had no control over the pricing. Which makes me wonder if this is another company that is "actually" controlled by mainland China. Which l want to avoid, because I want representation here in the US. I want real, timely support (without having to send photographs). I didn't actually "talk" to Juiced bikes. We only communicated by email. It took a few days for them to respond to my initial email...to their sales department. I wonder how quickly responses would come for warranty issues...?
Your post brings up another point. Buying a battery to replace one that gets damaged is one thing but keeping it safe in the first place is another factor to consider. These batteries are expensive, heavy, awkward to handle and can be dangerous when damaged. I know several riders who have damaged their batteries by carrying them loose on the back seat. A sudden stop sends them flying, cracking the case or worse in the process.

IMO, it's worth spending a few $$ on a sturdy carrying case. I use this one from Nanuk to carry two of my Pedego batteries:

P1070664a.jpg P1070665a.jpg P1070667a.jpg

There's even enough room for the charger

P1070670a.jpg

From what I hear, once you have enough power to go up hills where you ride, the price usually attached to getting that higher voltage isn't as valuable for ordinary cruising around as much as getting higher Ah (for longer range) is.
Someone will correct this if it's wrong, I'm sure.
Anyway, that's why I only look for a bigger 48V battery in addition to my 17Ah. I'd like 30 Ah but will settle for 20Ah.
I'd prefer to have the low end on my bike REDUCED to save energy. It takes off from stopped with a little jolt forward whereas I would coordinate my pedalling with the throttle if it were a smoother take-off on throttle.
I like big range without pedalling hard all the way, I don't care how fast the take off is that much. Not as much as going way further at a decent speed. Say 15 mph 100 miles.

I will get two batteries for any bike I might buy. I need the range. If I ride in the mountains I also have to have more low end. Frequently I get part of the way up a small but steep incline and I stall. My bike is loaded with supplies and water. I even carry an ultra-light foldable chair since covid. When I stall mid climb it can result in a fall. Which isn't good given the weight of the things I carry. My Ecotric Seagull was advertised as 1,000 watts, but it's direct drive and so I bet I can get much more out of a Bafang 750 watt motor. I like my bike but I also bet that 1,000 watts is overrated. It's interesting that you don't like the surge of low end on your bike. What brand is it? I really like how quiet my bike is. I wonder if Bafang gear noise is going to ruin sneaking up on wild animals. Maybe if I gain low end I'll also gain...to much noise. It's funny, I used to drive motorcycle. On them you need to keep pace with traffic to avoid getting rear ended. I enjoy e-bikes because you can safely go 15 and drink in the scenery without the fear of death. So 15 mph over 100 miles sounds good to me too.

I will get two batteries for any bike I might buy. I need the range. If I ride in the mountains I also have to have more low end. Frequently I get part of the way up a small but steep incline and I stall. My bike is loaded with supplies and water. I even carry an ultra-light foldable chair since covid. When I stall mid climb it can result in a fall. Which isn't good given the weight of the things I carry. My Ecotric Seagull was advertised as 1,000 watts, but it's direct drive and so I bet I can get much more out of a Bafang 750 watt motor. I like my bike but I also bet that 1,000 watts is overrated. It's interesting that you don't like the surge of low end on your bike. What brand is it? I really like how quiet my bike is. I wonder if Bafang gear noise is going to ruin sneaking up on wild animals. Maybe if I gain low end I'll also gain...to much noise. It's funny, I used to drive motorcycle. On them you need to keep pace with traffic to avoid getting rear ended. I enjoy e-bikes because you can safely go 15 and drink in the scenery without the fear of death. So 15 mph over 100 miles sounds good to me too.
I dont know where you go other than south mountain but if you want to climb you need a mid drive bike .

I have the Sparkbikes City, it's the older version of the Rizebikes City. Only rated 45 nm torque 48V 500W. It;'s not that it has huge pickup, it's not bad, but it lurches forward a bit when the throttle first engages. That is what I could do without - just a smoother take off.

I have the Sparkbikes City, it's the older version of the Rizebikes City. Only rated 45 nm torque 48V 500W. It;'s not that it has huge pickup, it's not bad, but it lurches forward a bit when the throttle first engages. That is what I could do without - just a smoother take off.
Wonder why Sparkbikes would go out of business an then Rize appears and appears to be connected. I like the Rize a lot. But they have to stay in business or you are screwed. For electric vehicles to be viable, at some point there has to be a standard battery that you could exchange at charging stores. That way a company going out of business doesn't end your bike. My direct drive has no lurch at all on the flats. But, there has been times when I've been taken it into the mountains that there has been lurches that almost caused a bad trip down the mountain. Lurching is really dangerous at the wrong moment in the hills.

I dont know where you go other than south mountain but if you want to climb you need a mid drive bike .
I also need class 2. The best part about e-biking in a city is when they allow them on park trails as they do in Phoenix. I don't want to just peddle, so class 1 won't work for me. The power bandwidth of my present rear hub from 0 to 20 mph is pretty effective. I worry that shifting might take away from the mindless fun. Then your chain becomes a vulnerability too. BUT, a Yamaha e-bike is enticing...

Wonder why Sparkbikes would go out of business an then Rize appears and appears to be connected. I like the Rize a lot. But they have to stay in business or you are screwed. For electric vehicles to be viable, at some point there has to be a standard battery that you could exchange at charging stores. That way a company going out of business doesn't end your bike. My direct drive has no lurch at all on the flats. But, there has been times when I've been taken it into the mountains that there has been lurches that almost caused a bad trip down the mountain. Lurching is really dangerous at the wrong moment in the hills.
They were Canadian sales but expanded into USA. Internationally there is already bikes called "Spark". So,the name change.

They were Canadian sales but expanded into USA. Internationally there is already bikes called "Spark". So,the name change.
They are my bike of interest now. Thanks so much for the lead. But, I'm also considering getting a recumbent. My back is shot. Did the longest bike ride I've ever done, yesterday. Really hurt...

They are my bike of interest now. Thanks so much for the lead. But, I'm also considering getting a recumbent. My back is shot. Did the longest bike ride I've ever done, yesterday. Really hurt...
Flat foot frames solved my hand and back pain.

I was absolutely going to buy a juiced bike. Then I dropped one of the batteries for my present bike and had to replace it (cost $399). I would be buying Juiced to get the big battery so I wouldn't have to carry a second. So, after this event I wanted to see how much a Juiced battery would cost. They cost $1,299 dollars (1/2021). A while back I priced them at $899, which I though was just a little high. But $1,299? I think that price is really, really high. I paid around $1,100 for my present 1,000 watt bike. It works really well for me. I want to give it to my wife to get her into e-bikes, and then get a new one for myself. After accidently destroying a bike battery I realize that it can happen. But in any case you may need to replace batteries over time if you are an avid rider. So, Juiced bikes are off my list. I did talk to Juiced bikes about this, explaining that cost of ownership is always a consideration on consumables such as batteries. They said they had no control over the pricing. Which makes me wonder if this is another company that is "actually" controlled by mainland China. Which l want to avoid, because I want representation here in the US. I want real, timely support (without having to send photographs). I didn't actually "talk" to Juiced bikes. We only communicated by email. It took a few days for them to respond to my initial email...to their sales department. I wonder how quickly responses would come for warranty issues...?
I agree with you with the outrageous price for the 52V 19ah. Mine is working just fine now but eventually would need a replacement. I contacted AliExpress and i even sent them a picture of the battery i have to see if they can build or carry something like it. Unfortunately, they don't have the same battery casing as juiced batteries.

I agree with you with the outrageous price for the 52V 19ah. Mine is working just fine now but eventually would need a replacement. I contacted AliExpress and i even sent them a picture of the battery i have to see if they can build or carry something like it. Unfortunately, they don't have the same battery casing as juiced batteries.
There's someone on eBay selling some kind of dual battery connection kit. I know its not ideal but it could work when the original battery dies? I was trying to look at alternatives as well as I feel like $1200 is incredibly steep for a $2400 bike. I wanted to find options so I could figure out a solution before mine dies or doesn't hold charge. I just bought my bike so I shouldn't have to worry about it but I already get range anxiety even though my rides are fairly short.

There's someone on eBay selling some kind of dual battery connection kit. I know its not ideal but it could work when the original battery dies? I was trying to look at alternatives as well as I feel like $1200 is incredibly steep for a $2400 bike. I wanted to find options so I could figure out a solution before mine dies or doesn't hold charge. I just bought my bike so I shouldn't have to worry about it but I already get range anxiety even though my rides are fairly short.
To relieve "range anxiety", I carry this cordless tool battery adapter and a spare 60V tool battery in my rack bag. I wired a connector into the controller battery feed and just plug it in if I run low on juice. I can rely on it to give me around 12 extra miles.
714wWY5WK+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61aThHjfHgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In my case, I use DeWalt since I have a collection of their tools & batteries but adapters are available for almost any tool battery brand.

I bought one of these for my cross current s and it works great! $375

Another option for replacement batteries is getting the case repackaged with new batteries. You can choose the cells you want and the cost is less than half of what a new factory unit costs. There are many shops doing this now.

Another option for replacement batteries is getting the case repackaged with new batteries. You can choose the cells you want and the cost is less than half of what a new factory unit costs. There are many shops doing this now.
Can you share the name of the shops/websites?

Back