Battery backpack solution.

Saru9999

I would like to be able to safely carry a spare battery in my backpack. 1 option was to us a very small camel bak .. only issue was that that once the battery was installed, left no room for anything else ( even water was limited) move up to a bigger bag, more room but no so easy to keep the battery in one place. Online bags look nice, expensive and generally not available in USA.. So i made my own. its a modified Snowboarding camel bak. I rerouted the external straps internally so they would hold the batter in the holder. The back protector out of a yoga mat and buffers form a Yoga block. Glued it all together with hot melt.

We shall see.!
2018-07-09 15.27.14.jpg

EVOC has E-bike specific backpack. Check it out.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Hard to find in USA, $225 plus $25 in shipping from EU. Not designed with a wire port, rather to store a “backup” battery. Great concept! Just needs a tweak or two. I’ve used my old solder iron to make to many wire ports. Thanks for the lead!

yeah, that was the point.. 1 hard to find in USA and 2 expensive for a back pack that does not ship with a bladder. the intention was to make it safe to carry, i am ok with stopping in 15 miles or so to swap the batteries over so no need to provide a power lead.

I can get fatigued from carrying 2 liters of water on my back. I can't imagine carrying a battery there. If I take a second battery, it's in a bag on the rack.

Reactions: D..
used it for the first time yesterday. of course its heavy.. but could not feel it until after 2 hours when I was starting to get tired.. did not move at all! happy!

I would like to be able to safely carry a spare battery in my backpack. 1 option was to us a very small camel bak .. only issue was that that once the battery was installed, left no room for anything else ( even water was limited) move up to a bigger bag, more room but no so easy to keep the battery in one place. Online bags look nice, expensive and generally not available in USA.. So i made my own. its a modified Snowboarding camel bak. I rerouted the external straps internally so they would hold the batter in the holder. The back protector out of a yoga mat and buffers form a Yoga block. Glued it all together with hot melt.

We shall see.!View attachment 23522
Improvising can save money & time if you've something laying around that can easily be adapted to the purpose

Back