Bafang IGH for Fat bikes - capable of handling 750W power

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
This new 5-speed (internal gear hub) IGH from Bafang is designed to handle up to 1000 W and can handle 750W continuously, making it a suitable IGH for the Bafang Ultra motor.
Our partner in Asia is testing this unit before it can be deployed in mass production. Let us know if you have any questions about this hub. We will try to do an in-depth video when we are at the Bafang factory.

1683553817927.jpeg

Hey Ravi, I guess I am failing to see what slot this hub will fit into regarding the Ultra motor? Most of the frames that utilize the M620 have thru axles for one thing? Also your header says for fat bikes so I am assuming it is for the wider spacing associated with that genre? Which is fine but once again most of the popular fat bike frames are thru axle?

Hey Ravi, I guess I am failing to see what slot this hub will fit into regarding the Ultra motor? Most of the frames that utilize the M620 have thru axles for one thing? Also your header says for fat bikes so I am assuming it is for the wider spacing associated with that genre? Which is fine but once again most of the popular fat bike frames are thru axle?

Changing the dropout type is pretty easy to do and having a automatic hub that can handle 750W will offer Bafang an upper hand to pair this IGH with M600, M560 and M620 motors.
They also have a non-fat bike version that will handle upto 350W.
I believe they are targeting the Cargo E-bike, Touring and other markets where their M560, M600 and M620 motors are used. Imagine the marketshare they would have if they could use this hub on every Bafang mid-motor that is coupled with gates belt drive.

Sure wouldn't be easy to change the dropout on my bike but I am not the intended market you describe which makes perfect sense. Especially in conjunction with the M630 model motor that is being introduced as well that has much higher initial torque value than the M620 which would make it more suitable for cargo and loaded touring bikes with a belt drive. I doubt a conventional bicycle chain would handle that type of load! It will be interesting to see how the market picks up on this and how well Bafang will support it.......

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 1.24.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 1.25.16 PM.png

Back