Award for our Brose S Mag Motor

You do realize that article is from 3 years ago? Even the guy who wrote it has speced a Bosch motor on the bikes he is bringing to market. Plus many, many, a friend has had 3 personally, ones of those motors fail and luckily Specialized has replaced them for him. On the other hand a riding buddy is entering his 4th season with that exact motor with no failure which is a good thing as now he is out of warranty.

You do realize that article is from 3 years ago? Even the guy who wrote it has speced a Bosch motor on the bikes he is bringing to market. Plus many, many, a friend has had 3 personally, ones of those motors fail and luckily Specialized has replaced them for him. On the other hand a riding buddy is entering his 4th season with that exact motor with no failure which is a good thing as now he is out of warranty.
Yeah.... i realize that the date is old but at least Harley Davidson Serial 1 picked a solid choice for their "go to" motor rather than some other sub par units. I am a fan of Riese Muller products specifically the Bosch Gen 4 as the pedaling is just so natural and i feel like i'm riding a bike.

I think what is lost on some, especially those who have not ridden a serial 1 ebike, is that its the sum of all parts that makes its a top tier ebike and the brose mid-drive is an excellent choice. Between that and the belt drive, the serial 1 experience is first class.

I have an R&M Delite GX with Rohloff E14/Bosch (chain, not belt) and the Serial 1 Rush Speed with Brose/Enviolo Automatiq. The R&M is my 50+ mile exercise, go fast multi trail machine, where the Serial 1 is my jump on it and "enjoy the ride" with my wife bike. Both are exceptional at what they do ...

I have an R&M Delite GX with Rohloff E14/Bosch (chain, not belt) and the Serial 1 Rush Speed with Brose/Enviolo Automatiq. The R&M is my 50+ mile exercise, go fast multi trail machine, where the Serial 1 is my jump on it and "enjoy the ride" with my wife bike. Both are exceptional at what they do ...
Wow great minds....same logic. i just took delivery of my R&M Super delight with rohloff and belt, yesterday. Assembly today.
@RMK! tell me what settings you have on your enviolo phone app ?

I picked up a Mosh/CTY during the huge sale as a hard tail substitute for a killer deal. I'm looking to get a full suspension eMTB (plus others) and wouldn't hesitate to select one with a Brose motor. I'm hooked on belt drives though and hope more companies offer them. That R&M sounds delicious!!

65 sport for me in the app @rudym

Last edited:
Wow great minds....same logic. i just took delivery of my R&M Super delight with rohloff and belt, yesterday. Assembly today.
@RMK! tell me what settings you have on your enviolo phone app ?
There were some reported issues so I haven't touched the Enviolo App. Serial 1 claimed to have an APP in development but nothing so far. The factory settings on the Serial 1 do all I want for now so "if it ain't broke" ...'

Back