Asking PEDEGO. If they can reprogram. The controller. To have on and off. Torque for etrike

kev1940

Region
USA
On Pedego bikes, pedal assist is called PedalSense, which is a trademarked proprietary software engineered by Pedego to create a unique riding experience tailored to each individual model. For pedal assist to work, there is a sensor that ‘talks’ to the bike’s motor so you can go your desired speed based on your pedal assist settings. There are two types of sensors, cadence, and torque, and both of them tell the bike’s PAS (pedal assist system) when to engage the motor and propel the bike forward. Unless there's an aftermarket. Controller that I can add to this(, trike). But I don't know what all the. Specs(. R). For these E trikes. All the detailed information. What controller would be compatible. And would have on /off torque

Attachments

• 00E0E_h8wbp2ywvWF_0Cz0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00E0E_h8wbp2ywvWF_0Cz0t2_1200x900.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
From the official specs on the Pedego etrike product page...

Screenshot_20231215_092242_Chrome.jpg

With a little practice, the twist throttle could probably be used to toggle quickly between 0% and 100% power, but the speed limits for throttle operation are set pretty low.

Is that what you're trying to work around?

From the official specs on the Pedego etrike product page...

View attachment 168073

With a little practice, the twist throttle could probably be used to toggle quickly between 0% and 100% power, but the speed limits for throttle operation are set pretty low.

Is that what you're trying to work around?
1. I also came across that information on their website. It seems like they have a patent on that controller. However, the aftermarket ones I've checked out don't seem to function properly for this specific purpose. Thanks for your help!

1. I also came across that information on their website. It seems like they have a patent on that controller. However, the aftermarket ones I've checked out don't seem to function properly for this specific purpose. Thanks for your help!
Are you saying that the PedalSense assist system uses both torque and cadence sensors, and that you want an aftermarket controller that allows you to toggle the torque-sensing functionality on/off?

No torque only, Yes torque sensing functionality on and off, Through settings On The meter Controller, No torque only, Yes torque sensing functionality on and off, Through settings On The meter Controller.

No torque only, Yes torque sensing functionality on and off, Through settings On The meter Controller, No torque only, Yes torque sensing functionality on and off, Through settings On The meter Controller.
Then I'm confused. Wouldn't the Pedego etrike's throttle-only mode accomplish the same thing?

I personally have a preference for pedal assist as it allows me to get a little exercise while riding my bike. However, I also like the option of using the throttle to start off or accelerate when needed. It's just my personal preference. I appreciate the choice of using torque, or no torque, or cadence. If I find that I don't like the bike, I could always try to resell it for the same price. However, I think it would be beneficial to help Pedego think outside the box and consider making some changes, although they may be hesitant due to safety concerns and the risk of injury. The e-trike is particularly useful for going to the store and loading it up with groceries that I can't carry on my other e-bikes. So, I am grateful for that. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Back