More information about hybrid etrike/scooter with optional one-,two- or three wheel drive

Rudy Pekau

Region
Canada
There are three 20 inch individually powered wheels with individual controllers and power level adjusters/ pedal assist levels,three
Li-ion batteries with a total of 1600 Wh extendable to 2100Wh with three 36V 20 Ah batteries which are can be charged individually with three
chargers . Range is 80 km with the smaller power pack and 100 Km with the bigger pack.Top speed is 32 km/h.The trike is excellent on steeper
hills with a total of 240 Nm of torque.
I ride it normally with only the front motor and switch to the two rear wheel motors when I need more power or it gets slippery, any trike with only
front wheel drive will spin very easily when its slippery and will give you very little propulsion.Three wheel power is only for the steepest hills, or
in deeper snow but works great.
The powered wheels are made from kits which are easily available on the market, the frame is made from aluminum profiles,carbon composites
and a steel alloy fork. I have also used good quality birch plywood instead of carbon composites but it adds a few kilos to the weight, but with this amount
of torque it is hardly noticeable.
CA53DA29-35CE-4C5D-815E-E0585DAFA03E.jpeg
I have only a hacksaw, jigsaw and an electric drill as tools and some screw drivers, the aluminum components are bolted together.

I ride it to go grocery shopping and for recreation in all kinds of weather and road conditions, saves me a lot of trips and fuel with the car, and no air conditioning is
required when it is hot, cool ! Have put on several thousand kilometres on them ( I have two ) and they work fine and are very stable due to lower cg with a semi-
recumbent design. Also the backrest is very comfortable for a senior and I can go for several hours without feeling my back.

Rudy

Rather impressive, though the seat would have my vertebra shoved up front shortly.
You have proven what a little persistence and ingenuity can do, have contemplated a 2 wd trike,I just never ride when its gets that bad, I assume you have a cart to pull with that trike? Keep up the good work, keep on triken'!

Rather impressive, though the seat would have my vertebra shoved up front shortly.
You have proven what a little persistence and ingenuity can do, have contemplated a 2 wd trike,I just never ride when its gets that bad, I assume you have a cart to pull with that trike? Keep up the good work, keep on triken'!
The seat on this trike is a modified lawn chair, on the other trike I have a different seat with lumbar support which is even more comfortable. I do not have a cart to pull with that trike, can load 3 full shopping bags in rear cargo area, makes it even more stable as there is more weight on the rear axle.

There are three 20 inch individually powered wheels with individual controllers and power level adjusters/ pedal assist levels,three
Li-ion batteries with a total of 1600 Wh extendable to 2100Wh with three 36V 20 Ah batteries which are can be charged individually with three
chargers . Range is 80 km with the smaller power pack and 100 Km with the bigger pack.Top speed is 32 km/h.The trike is excellent on steeper
hills with a total of 240 Nm of torque.
I ride it normally with only the front motor and switch to the two rear wheel motors when I need more power or it gets slippery, any trike with only
front wheel drive will spin very easily when its slippery and will give you very little propulsion.Three wheel power is only for the steepest hills, or
in deeper snow but works great.
The powered wheels are made from kits which are easily available on the market, the frame is made from aluminum profiles,carbon composites
and a steel alloy fork. I have also used good quality birch plywood instead of carbon composites but it adds a few kilos to the weight, but with this amount
of torque it is hardly noticeable. View attachment 135104I have only a hacksaw, jigsaw and an electric drill as tools and some screw drivers, the aluminum components are bolted together.

I ride it to go grocery shopping and for recreation in all kinds of weather and road conditions, saves me a lot of trips and fuel with the car, and no air conditioning is
required when it is hot, cool ! Have put on several thousand kilometres on them ( I have two ) and they work fine and are very stable due to lower cg with a semi-
recumbent design. Also the backrest is very comfortable for a senior and I can go for several hours without feeling my back.

Rudy

We have a lot of pathways in Calgary, Alberta, Canda to ride on and they are mostly connected to each other.You can also go in the winter with warm clothing ,they clear the pathways very nicely with small snowplows and brushers and they are usually in better shape than the roads. If you want to go somewhere else a modified bike rack which is wider in the rear section can be used, there are some on the market. Another possibility is to make it foldable at the front of the seat which makes it easier for transport.

We have a lot of pathways in Calgary, Alberta, Canda to ride on and they are mostly connected to each other.You can also go in the winter with warm clothing ,they clear the pathways very nicely with small snowplows and brushers and they are usually in better shape than the roads. If you want to go somewhere else a modified bike rack which is wider in the rear section can be used, there are some on the market. Another possibility is to make it foldable at the front of the seat which makes it easier for transport.
Thats actually a good deal. the only place I have to ride within 35 miles is a shared"Eastern Trail" which the dirtbikes are pulverizing more and more.

The pedals work like an exercise bike with a pulley and a V-belt.The tension of the V-belt can be adjusted to to create more or less exercise.
The V-belt is on the left side of the trike and is not visible.The bottom frame is a rectangular torsion box made from aluminum angles which are covered with thin plywood sheets. I have also used good quality 2x3's and 2x2's for the torsion box instead aluminum angles which is less expensive. Fairings are made of light weight hollow plastic sheets which can be bent very easily and are available at home building stores.
Rudy

The pedals work like an exercise bike with a pulley and a V-belt.The tension of the V-belt can be adjusted to to create more or less exercise.
The V-belt is on the left side of the trike and is not visible.The bottom frame is a rectangular torsion box made from aluminum angles which are covered with thin plywood sheets. I have also used good quality 2x3's and 2x2's for the torsion box instead aluminum angles which is less expensive. Fairings are made of light weight hollow plastic sheets which can be bent very easily and are available at home building stores.
Rudy
Thats the Spirit! show what can be done with determination.

Back