Are Bosch Speed 28mph motors programmed different?

bmx43

Region
USA
So I have 3 E-bikes with the same Bosch Speed motor and same battery. A Trek Rail, a Canyon Grail, and I just got a Canyon Precede. Both the Trek and Grail perform similar in regards to power delivery. However, the Precede seems to pull less than the other two. For the Trek and Grail I typically ride most of my ride in Eco mode, but to get the same level of assist on the Precede, requires me to bump up to Tour mode, which of course, drains the battery quicker.

So my question is, is it possible that the motors are programmed differently, even between two bikes from the same brand with the same motor and battery?

They may have different "motor tuning" that is a differently programmed assistance curve.

So I have 3 E-bikes with the same Bosch Speed motor and same battery. A Trek Rail, a Canyon Grail, and I just got a Canyon Precede. Both the Trek and Grail perform similar in regards to power delivery. However, the Precede seems to pull less than the other two. For the Trek and Grail I typically ride most of my ride in Eco mode, but to get the same level of assist on the Precede, requires me to bump up to Tour mode, which of course, drains the battery quicker.

So my question is, is it possible that the motors are programmed differently, even between two bikes from the same brand with the same motor and battery?
are the tires the same on all three? that can make a huge difference. another thing is a update a year os os ago tool the perfume motor gen 4 from 73 to 85nm so it one isn to updated that could be it too.

are the tires the same on all three? that can make a huge difference. another thing is a update a year os os ago tool the perfume motor gen 4 from 73 to 85nm so it one isn to updated that could be it too.
I just discovered the issue. the new Precede came with THE WRONG MOTOR!! its spec'd with a Speed and its actually a CX. I contacted Canyon via e-mail but they are of course closed on weekends. Absolutely nuts this happens but it did.

I just discovered the issue. the new Precede came with THE WRONG MOTOR!! its spec'd with a Speed and its actually a CX. I contacted Canyon via e-mail but they are of course closed on weekends. Absolutely nuts this happens but it did.
there have been some wrong covers put on motors. does it go over 20 mph?

interesting. Honestly, I dont really know, I have def had it over 20 but going downhill. I need to take it out on flat and see where it cuts off. Doing that in a bit.

So just took it for a spin and it def pulls above 20mph so It may be as you stated above wrong cover which is nuts for German products (made in Asia of course). That said, it def does not pull anywhere close to my other bikes which are 29ers. Now Im wondering if the motor was programmed for 29" wheels and is off because the wheels on this new bike are 27.5. Its at least one level off on pull from my other bikes. to make it even weirder, this is the decal on the downtube. I know they were selling this bike (but with belt drive) in EU, and it literally just launched here last week so maybe thats all part of the confusion. Also, to add, I pulled the battery out and its the 500W, not the 250 as shown on the decal below.

Attachments

• class1.jpg
    class1.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 126
yes that sounds crazy. bosch motors cut off at 19.5mph, the start fading at around 18.5 if you had a kiox you could check all of that.

so you can see what the motor is by going to your e bike connect app and looking at the bike and then the motor. I think it will say on the my bike in settings on the kiox too.

so you can see what the motor is by going to your e bike connect app and looking at the bike and then the motor. I think it will say on the my bike in settings on the kiox too.
It just says "Performance" which seems odd. that said, as I had a hunch, the ETRTO was waaaaaaayyyy off for this tire (stock tire). I adjusted it to the proper and it seems to have made a world of difference in the lap around the parking lot. will do a deeper dive tomor. appreciate the assist on this...

there is only one smart system and its a cx motor. the cx motor has cooling fins you dont see that on the speed motors. so it cant be the wrong cover. the performance and performance sped are the same looks

View attachment 148420
yea thats def not what I have. here are pics of both of my motors. the Speed is from my Grail and the "CX" is from the Precede.

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 151
  • cx.jpg
    cx.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 147
Back