Archon X1 Programming Thread (questions and experiences)

Precisely my point. WW's vested interest is HUGE. Every M620 machine.
I'm awaiting the cable for my (titanium) Legacy Cross Tour - ordered 10/21 (after the titanium Cross Tour was actually discontinued).
A year later, on 10/22, the bike was delivered. I'm probably high on the list for a cable.
Some time over a year ago I talked to Greg at WW who mentioned innotrace might be broken until mid-2023.
This aside came in an unrelated conversation regarding my build and while it went over my head, if I knew then what I know now, I'd still order the entire package.
Last I heard, December '22 "Chip sourcing issues have delayed production of X1 programming cables from our partner in Germany. We are anticipating a shipment this month and will be notifying customers waiting for cables by separate email".
WW has their finger on the trigger. If information for such a statement came from innotrace, I'd be reluctant to quote them again.
Bad information tarnishes worse than none.
Better for me to let Pushkar filter it and produce the best possible result.
Seeing competent, respected, focused riders/ builders, now utterly stymied and frustrated confuses me.
As a group, I know we made a sound judgment call. Blow-by-blow updates or not: If at all possible, we have the best chance of succeeding.
On another major level, I empathize with builders - again realizing how deep I was over my head. A major reason I employed WW as my agent: To deal with the headaches.
Without them, I'd have a bunch of parts/ some of a my dream bike.

We're all out on this limb together.
Intel wise, SNAFU.

FnF

Precisely my point. WW's vested interest is HUGE. Every M620 machine.
I'm awaiting the cable for my (titanium) Legacy Cross Tour - ordered 10/21 (after the titanium Cross Tour was actually discontinued).
A year later, on 10/22, the bike was delivered. I'm probably high on the list for a cable.
Some time over a year ago I talked to Greg at WW who mentioned innotrace might be broken until mid-2023.
This aside came in an unrelated conversation regarding my build and while it went over my head, if I knew then what I know now, I'd still order the entire package.
Last I heard, December '22 "Chip sourcing issues have delayed production of X1 programming cables from our partner in Germany. We are anticipating a shipment this month and will be notifying customers waiting for cables by separate email".
WW has their finger on the trigger. If information for such a statement came from innotrace, I'd be reluctant to quote them again.
Bad information tarnishes worse than none.
Better for me to let Pushkar filter it and produce the best possible result.
Seeing competent, respected, focused riders/ builders, now utterly stymied and frustrated confuses me.
As a group, I know we made a sound judgment call. Blow-by-blow updates or not: If at all possible, we have the best chance of succeeding.
On another major level, I empathize with builders - again realizing how deep I was over my head. A major reason I employed WW as my agent: To deal with the headaches.
Without them, I'd have a bunch of parts/ some of a my dream bike.

We're all out on this limb together.
Intel wise, SNAFU.

FnF
Very frustersting indeed ! I would have thought WW would know better now to not do the radio silence move even if they don't have an answer just tell us that !

Very frustersting indeed ! I would have thought WW would know better now to not do the radio silence move even if they don't have an answer just tell us that !
I have been contacted by WW and explained what is happening on there end. Innotrace however is still radio silent. Hopefully they open the tool or someone can hack it open. Sad days of they have taken there money and ditched.

I have been contacted by WW and explained what is happening on there end. Innotrace however is still radio silent. Hopefully they open the tool or someone can hack it open. Sad days of they have taken there money and ditched.
This is really disappointing news, as there are at least a few of us with this controller who have been waiting a long time (since October, in my case) to be able to make some adjustments/changes.

This is really disappointing news, as there are at least a few of us with this controller who have been waiting a long time (since October, in my case) to be able to make some adjustments/changes.
Agreed I'm in the same boat but just so your aware so is everyone with this controller now. Even if you have a cable nobody can access the programming app. It's broken and innotrace is AWOL it seems...

I hear ya and assume you meant 'if', not "of".
Seen more hopeless situations than this work out fine.
For WW it's still 'we don't know'. They have a hope, so I do too.
As good as we can be in this pursuit.

Our wings haven't melted yet.

Fn'F

Now is the time that WW should reach out to everyone who has purchased a bike or separate Archon controller and let them know what's happening.
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Pushkar to do the right thing here. The past history with WW is that Pushkar will do the opposite and go silent.
Three years of dealing with Pushkar tells me this is the way he'll go, but I do hold out hope that I'm wrong.

Now is the time that WW should reach out to everyone who has purchased a bike or separate Archon controller and let them know what's happening.
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Pushkar to do the right thing here. The past history with WW is that Pushkar will do the opposite and go silent.
Three years of dealing with Pushkar tells me this is the way he'll go, but I do hold out hope that I'm wrong.
I dunno if I talked to Pushkar but I was filled in on what there trying to do for archon people and what there trying to do for future projects. Not sure what I'm allowed to say but I do agree they should just make an announcement about it

I'm still salty about WW when they skipped my hydra build after 7 months of patience.
I think the way this is going is Canbus M620 . It's factory tuned. No fussy tuning requirements. Just ride it.
You all all got screwed. $7000 ebike that you are not happy with.
I love my bike nothing wrong with it just wish I could tune it lol

Hi everyone, here is a modified version of the program that also passes the identification.

I don't know the programming but by decompiling the program I managed to skip the login.

At the beginning I was looking for a way to have access to the "unlocked" tab that only rico and wattwagons have to be able to increase the power to 100A like on the first versions of the controller but I couldn't find the solution.

Of course if someone more experienced can find this solution it would be incredible.

You have to run "X1TOOL" in the "release" folder.
Dude if this works your a gangster ! Now just need a damn cable 😞 if anyone wants to sell one hit me up !

Hi everyone, here is a modified version of the program that also passes the identification.

I don't know the programming but by decompiling the program I managed to skip the login.

At the beginning I was looking for a way to have access to the "unlocked" tab that only rico and wattwagons have to be able to increase the power to 100A like on the first versions of the controller but I couldn't find the solution.

Of course if someone more experienced can find this solution it would be incredible.

Hello evixone,

Thank you immensely for your login bypass crack. It works perfectly. It also passes more virus scanners than the actual X1 Tool!
XTOOL.exe virus check results
x1Tool_1_0_10.exe virus check results
I'm not sure how long those links will be valid for.

Edit: The network communication of the bypass executable looks benign but I'd be more comfortable without it.

I will acquire or build an FTDI based Bafang cable and reprogram it to test if it works with the X1 Tool software.

Last edited:

Thank you so much! It works perfectly!

Thank you for sharing the bypassed program. Now we need the programming dongle and the ability to unlock up to 100A power in the program.

Reward for anyone who successfully makes a dongle !
A Dongle? This is a flash drive? I'd thought it was a cable.
Regardless. My money's aboard on that.
For a cable, reverse engineering is plugging both ends into known wiring schemata outcomes and tracing. But if there's a module (a dongle) with IC chips, I'd betcha the problem's the chips are unobtainable.
Such chips can't be exclusively for this application. I assume they're programmable and a more powerful chip would also work.
With the correct numbers, I could trace Elvis - or a reasonable facsimile.
Busy with my fishing, I hope WW resolves the problem.

Fn'F

Quelle puissance maximale pouvez-vous définir ?
The maximum power is defined on each motor according to the serial number, for example on mine I can put 80A max, at the beginning innotrace sold them in 100A max, but apparently there was too much breakage and it was limited to 80A max for the biggest version.

When innotrace or wattwagon connect with their login they have access to an administrator settings tab that can raise this limit, as well as other settings, directly on the connected motor.

Last edited:
Back