Archon X1 Programming Thread (questions and experiences)

Does anyone know the power consumption or max amperage on each out of 10 support levels Innotrace programs by default for 3000W 52V 60A controller?

I am about to finish my build and Innotrace does not respond and I need to know this to not overcome my 52V 30A battery power capability and not to burn it to the ground

1678485006368.png

I have two WW bikes with the Archon controller and the proper cable, but I can't get a password to do any adjustments. :(
I've been waiting since Oct/Nov 2022.

• Sad
Reactions: rtp
The X1 tool is completely broken now even people with passwords can't access it , and radio silence from Innotrace and WW said end of Feb now are radio silent
I have two WW bikes with the Archon controller and the proper cable, but I can't get a password to do any adjustments. :(
I've been waiting since Oct/Nov 2022.

I'm sorry - this is just some Mickey Mouse level of nonsense. Looking at the Innotrace app, it already looks like they outsourced-to-a-low-cost-development team - it looks like a y2k VB or Delphi Windows 3.1 application from what I've seen. They made a conscious choice to use a non-standard cable, and another conscious choice to force user login and registration, versus 'here's the software, now you have access.'
Worse, the whole 'must login at each use.' I can guess as to the why - to both force recurring revenue perhaps e.g. 'pay use yearly to be able to continue to adjust your settings' which MIGHT have some level of viability to it IF they were actually rapidly moving the software forward, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and there should still be a 'non-subscriber' mode which wouldn't allow any future firmware/software updates but still allows you to use the current version.

This is getting to the point it seems possible the whole scheme may even run afoul of some type of 'Fair Use' act, as in they literally are blocking the purchaser from the ability to use their product for it's intended purpose.

Is there any chance for anyone to get a network traffic dump when you attempt to log into the Innotrace server? Mainly just wondering if there's any chance for a 'bypass' like is done for the Bafang BESST tool (which in a nutshell is literally just a single request with an ID sent to a bafang server which then returns effectively 'allow use' or 'disallow use' and was worked around by adding an entry into local DNS (your laptop) for the bafang server and bringing up a very simple python server that basically responded always with 'allow use.' Of course, this only works up to a specific version of the BESST software/tool, probably because (guessing, have not dug into the python code b/c I don't need it...) of something like prior versions not using SSL connections, but again - there is nothing jumping out on the Innotrace application that leads me to believe it was built by a top-shelf engineering team (which is probably entirely different from those that did the controller/hardware), so maybe?

The fact that now their Y2K-looking app's server is down...well, guys it's not very difficult, there are things called backups. I doubt their system is more than a MySQL database with a very simple set of web services. Bounce the service, or restore the DB from backup and bring it back online. Pay someone $20 to do it for you - I seriously doubt anything in their backend is overly complicated.

On the cable front, has no one done pinout diagram of it? Perhaps someone can reach out to a cable co on Alibaba and order a Min Quantity of 50 or so. Why hasn't Pushkar? Again, I am guessing, but from what I've seen of their software via screenshots, Pushkar's videos - their software/client side is far from impressive so I tend to doubt they spent money to embed encrypted credentials or other code into their cables themselves, so should be possible to fabricate or have someone make some.

Of course, all of this is literally just screaming for either fully open-source controller and software, or something VESC-based, in the future - because people buying these (not just WW) expensive bikes - would like to actually ride and use them.

I hope this is resolved soon and sanely for everyone waiting. :(

I've attached the network traffic dump during a failed login attempt.

I've also attached the memory dump from the FTDI FT232R chip on the X1 programming cable. The format is the XML template for the FT_PROG tool.

Attachments

• x1Tool_1_0_10_network_dump.txt
    69.4 KB · Views: 104
  • x1Tool_FT232R.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 96
I've attached the network traffic dump during a failed login attempt.

I've also attached the memory dump from the FTDI FT232R chip on the X1 programming cable. The format is the XML template for the FT_PROG tool.
encrypted connection, besides the TLS connection being called out, you can parse out the lencr.org references as a certificate provider.
Any chance there are configuration settings in the client application for encrypted vs unencrypted connections? I'm doubting it but would be nice...
Someone may be able to work out how to bypass the software side of things, but it's a long journey unless you've got some skilled motivated people on it, akin to what's been done on the 'CANBUS programming' for the various Bafang motors.

Not a great situation. :(

I agree this is a joke , innotrace is radio silent as to what is going on and WW is now not replying either as I think they have no fucking idea either... Horrible experience with this controller . The bike itself is sick but what's the fucking point in the upgraded controller if you can't do what's intended ?

They most likely hit a snag and given this is their livelihood, they most likely are doing everything they can to resolve it.
Being disappointed is understandable, getting angry does not help anyone....

Both Rico Czernig and Krasnodar Jandrijevic of Innotrace also work at SSP Safety System Products. I'd say Innotrace is a side gig. Innotrace affiliated websites innotrace.de and xembedded.de are dead. I hope they have the decency to make the code public when they completely give up.

Scrambler says volumes. While this affects a lot of us with WW machines and aftermarket upgraders, as individuals, it affects them collectively.
We need to vent, but our solid hope is being vested in the best source to fulfil it.
It's not like I have alternatives or won't wait. If anyone can get us plugged in, they will.

Indeed. Ludicrous to portray WW as involved, except as representing us to innotrace.
It's about motive.
I invest my $$$ w/ WW for 'cutting-edge' products. I know they'll give me my best shot. And, while We, as individual consumers don't have near the 'skin in the game' WW does, but a positive focus certainly stimulates positive results.
The frustration of 'WW's 'controller upgrade' community - machines not working/ unable to be programmed (even pros like Greeno, having s*it), I certainly feel that.
At these heights failure is expectable - Icarus wings melted.

I understand it's outside WW control to an extent but they are no longer answering messages on there website it's pretty ridiculous.

Both Rico Czernig and Krasnodar Jandrijevic of Innotrace also work at SSP Safety System Products. I'd say Innotrace is a side gig. Innotrace affiliated websites innotrace.de and xembedded.de are dead. I hope they have the decency to make the code public when they completely give up.
They appear more involved - Link (re: Rico and Krasnodar) - than you describe.
Named on the Innotrace General Partnership agreement of September 24, 2019, he's a 'Key Principal'. See: Rico Czernig D & B link (re: Rico Czernig @ Innotrace)
The Link (re: Rico Czernig on Linkedin) - for 'Rico Czernig, Produktmanagement & Service bei SSP Safety System Products GmbH & Co. KG,
may or may not be the same person.
He's not active w/ linkedin, but posted a vid of the boss Marcel Aulila congratulating the employees - and dancing the Polka.
Working history at Innotrace is not listed on Linkedin, and there's nothing pre-2023 on his bio - like a 'new hire' . Perhaps a consultant.
The Zeppelinweg and Villingen-Schwenningen addresses are roughly 20miles apart and Google Earth shows a family dwelling for Innotrace's corporate address.

Innotrace location big map.jpg
SSP location big map.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by - Link - 'innotrace.de is down'. It's changed.
Regarding the Programmieradapter X1 Handmade Edition, Innotrace site says 'Nicht vorrätig', but they have controllers for sale.
They also advertise the 'Black Forest Bikes X3 Carbon E-Bike X3 mit bis zu 2500w Leistung - with software and updates option.
There's no mention of nicht vorrätig.
So I 'created' a build and it went into my cart with "FIRMWARE UPDATES (+€129,00): PROGRAMMIERADAPTER MIT LEBENSLANGER".
Why would anyone dump such a sweet monopoly - Because it infringed; violates some type of sanction; was infected by ransomware?
Observing notable users of the X1 'tuning' WW Hydra's, it worked - from what I saw posted.
I see a man with a niche product, determined to win, struggling. Willing to take a second job. Prohibited from mentioning 'innotrace' on company provided Linkedin pages.
I'm (debatably) ethically precluded from Lexus Nexus, or I'd snag comprehensives. Show his whole professional life.
Just my 2 cents.
I understand it's outside WW control to an extent but they are no longer answering messages on there website it's pretty ridiculous.
WW could only quote innotrace. They did that with the cables.

I agree.
Where's the other guy? Innotrace corporate articles are also in his name.
Krasnodar is also working for SSP Safety System Products.
Look at all his patents. Maybe He's the brains.

They appear more involved - Link (re: Rico and Krasnodar) - than you describe.
Named on the Innotrace General Partnership agreement of September 24, 2019, he's a 'Key Principal'. See: Rico Czernig D & B link (re: Rico Czernig @ Innotrace)
The Link (re: Rico Czernig on Linkedin) - for 'Rico Czernig, Produktmanagement & Service bei SSP Safety System Products GmbH & Co. KG,
may or may not be the same person.
He's not active w/ linkedin, but posted a vid of the boss Marcel Aulila congratulating the employees - and dancing the Polka.
Working history at Innotrace is not listed on Linkedin, and there's nothing pre-2023 on his bio - like a 'new hire' . Perhaps a consultant.
The Zeppelinweg and Villingen-Schwenningen addresses are roughly 20miles apart and Google Earth shows a family dwelling for Innotrace's corporate address.

View attachment 150039 View attachment 150040
I'm not sure what you mean by - Link - 'innotrace.de is down'. It's changed.
Regarding the Programmieradapter X1 Handmade Edition, Innotrace site says 'Nicht vorrätig', but they have controllers for sale.
They also advertise the 'Black Forest Bikes X3 Carbon E-Bike X3 mit bis zu 2500w Leistung - with software and updates option.
There's no mention of nicht vorrätig.
So I 'created' a build and it went into my cart with "FIRMWARE UPDATES (+€129,00): PROGRAMMIERADAPTER MIT LEBENSLANGER".
Why would anyone dump such a sweet monopoly - Because it infringed; violates some type of sanction; was infected by ransomware?
Observing notable users of the X1 'tuning' WW Hydra's, it worked - from what I saw posted.
I see a man with a niche product, determined to win, struggling. Willing to take a second job. Prohibited from mentioning 'innotrace' on company provided Linkedin pages.
I'm (debatably) ethically precluded from Lexus Nexus, or I'd snag comprehensives. Show his whole professional life.
Just my 2 cents.

WW could only quote innotrace. They did that with the cables.
I agree but they would have better contact with innotrace then anyone else I'd think so they should be pushing for an update on the situation... This tarnishes WW aswell as innotrace as WW has sold many of these controllers with promises for cables and program access

Back