Anyone with a 2020 Revolt E Pro?

I own a Revolt E+ and have ridden the Creo some, and I think the Revolt E+ is a good commuter. Besides better sealing, the one thing I've wanted is a bigger battery, but I've managed with the 375. So I think it was wise they jumped to 500, despite a price and weight increase.

I know my LBS was burned by dealing with the creaking motors from the Road E+ 1.

I've had an issue with the battery turning off on the Revolt E+, but finally solved that. I really love the bike in spite of that issue. I'm not active with the current app, so can't really comment on its performance.

The Niner RDO RLT E9 looks great. It can be fitted with a fork and different rotors (I wanted bigger ones on my Revolt E+). I would test ride that if possible. Geometry really matters in a good bike as I bet you recognize.
What did you do to solve the battery turning off problem?

What did you do to solve the battery turning off problem?
My bike was turning off under vibrations or a big bump. I cut some rubber and put it between the connector on the bike side and the frame. This raised the connector and its contacts, which then engaged more deeply with the battery side contacts. Theory was that the contacts would lose touch and the bike would turn off with this temporary disengagement. I have a thread on here detailing what I did.

3000 miles in and loving every minute!

Just put on a new chain, Pirelli Cinturato 40s, Brooks saddle, bag, rear light and bar tape.

DSCF7262-2.jpg

Last edited:
Well mines been in the shop 4 times now. Riding along and it turns itself off. Sometimes it will restart sometimes not. Same thing again after 6 miles and 74% battery power. The shop has done all the factory fixes, plus new controller and new motor and connections.
Giant Revolt is a big FAIL
Well two more trips to the dealer for the same problem. Battery was replaced and then it happened again. They rebooted all the software. The 3rd ride (each of the first two were about 20 miles) it started doing it agin. 9 times in 13 miles it would just quit. Each time the odometer reset to 64 miles, where it was when I started. So I took it back to the dealer and told him to send it back to Giant and I wanted a refund. Two weeks later and I’m still waiting to hear from the dealer

My wife's 2021 Revolt E+ Pro is/was having the same problem. Second trip to the dealer and they changed out the wiring harness and sent it back, but unfortunately she hasn't had an opertuinty to test it yet. I will report back after she's had a few rides. If it's still not fixed, I will probably be at the same place as you. I have a 2020 model with over 800 miles and no problems.

Hello people!

I've had this beast for almost a year now and love it. I want to thank @jabberwocky for the inspiration to clean up the bars. It makes me so much happier to get rid of that horrendous screen.

My LBS swapped in the new controller and with a couple of cable ties it is pretty much perfect!

In the past I had the motor cut out issues but they sorted that too. I must admit that I lust after the new red model but I'll stick with this for sometime yet.

Also have the 500 battery.

Happy pedalling! Did I spell that right?

Cheers!
Greg.

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

Sweet! I like your ziptied mount for the MTB controller. I ended up putting mine further over on the bar and it was still a little difficult to clamp down. Definitely designed for flat bars. But yeah, if you're running a modern garmin theres no real reason to have the giant screen on the bars.

Any other changes? Aside from that swap and changing the bars to a pair of Ritchey Venturemax (stock were way too narrow) I haven't really done anything to mine. Still solid, no issues. Might grab a 500 battery this year (wish Giant offered an upgrade because I have two 375s).

Well two more trips to the dealer for the same problem. Battery was replaced and then it happened again. They rebooted all the software. The 3rd ride (each of the first two were about 20 miles) it started doing it agin. 9 times in 13 miles it would just quit. Each time the odometer reset to 64 miles, where it was when I started. So I took it back to the dealer and told him to send it back to Giant and I wanted a refund. Two weeks later and I’m still waiting to hear from the dealer
Update. The dealer said it is fixed after the 7th trip and more time at the dealer than I’ve had on the bike.
Unfortunately they can’t tell me the fix. They took everything apart and put it back together. So far I’ve had 2 rides and no fails.

Sweet! I like your ziptied mount for the MTB controller. I ended up putting mine further over on the bar and it was still a little difficult to clamp down. Definitely designed for flat bars. But yeah, if you're running a modern garmin theres no real reason to have the giant screen on the bars.

Any other changes? Aside from that swap and changing the bars to a pair of Ritchey Venturemax (stock were way too narrow) I haven't really done anything to mine. Still solid, no issues. Might grab a 500 battery this year (wish Giant offered an upgrade because I have two 375s).
I haven't made any other changes I'm pretty happy with it. Mudguards may be the next purchase for winter single-track

Unfortunately the new wiring harness didn't fix the problem. It's back in the shop and Giant seems to be without answers at the moment. Standard protocol of updates and test, more of the same....

Unfortunately the new wiring harness didn't fix the problem. It's back in the shop and Giant seems to be without answers at the moment. Standard protocol of updates and test, more of the same....
Sorry 😞. I hope you have better success than I’ve had

Hi, I am Frank, from Wilmington, Delaware [USA] and the proud owner of a Giant Revolt e+ Pro.

I am 76 years old with 35+ years of acoustic bike riding experience. With a few years off the bike, I ‘discovered’ ebikes and found the perfect fit with the Revolt.

I have added the TPK Explorer back rack and MTX Trunk bag. Also added are a GNT direct mount kick stand and Selle Italia Eyelink road bike mirror. I swapped the stock tires to Teravail Rampart tires [700x42] and am riding them tubeless.

I added my old Brooks leather saddle, SPD clipless peddles, my Knog flashing lights [white front, red on my helmet] and Giant Recon TL200 LED red flashing light on my TPK Explorer rear rack.

I only have 100+ miles on it, but we are becoming one – I love this bike.
I would love to see photos ! Personalizing is great eh !

So, finally got my Energypak extender a few weeks ago, and then had to wait for the shop to update the firmware so I could actually use it (Giants app decided it hated my bike on every device I tried to connect with). First ride was today, and I figured I'd pass along a few thoughts in case anyone is looking at the Revolt (or other 2020 Giant) and was wondering how the extender works.

First, mounting and connecting it is pretty simple. Charges off the same charger, but has a different plug So now I have the charger, which has a plug that plugs into the charging port on the bike to charge the main battery. Or I can remove the battery and use an adapter to charge that. Or I can use a different adapter to charge the extender. I feel like they could have standardized those a bit, but what do I know. :p

As for how it works, it seems to talk to the computer, which displays a percentage based on the combined capacity of both batteries. It also seems to draw from both of them while riding, though not totally evenly (after my ride today, I was at 31% left. After unplugging the extender, that dropped to like 14%, so the controller favored drawing from the main battery). Not sure how it decides how much to pull from each one. The extender has a USB port on it if you want to use it as a giant mobile battery bank for whatever reason.

Also, you can't use the bike with just the extender on the bike. It throws an error. It seems to need a main battery plugged in before it will go.
Cool that it has the USB port.

old thread - but this may assist some...
...I had a similar issue after 9 months or so of ownership of my Revolt - the bike would just shut down mid ride.
Unlocking the battery and re-seating it mid-ride seamed to resolve the issue temporarily - which led me to think it was oxidisation on the battery terminals/connectors.

Another hobby of mine is audio and electronics, and when interconnects like RCA connections get dirty or oxidised I use a product called Deoxit to clean them.
After the 3rd shutdown of my Revolt I applied Deoxit (a 2 step process - red then gold like applying nail polish).
No issues since (touch wood) and approaching 3 years since I applied it.

Don't bother with the spray versions of Deoxit - get the 2 little bottles - eBay link here:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2563621...6820&msclkid=881abf5dcd461c0a2b74dae7e11012bd

I've been using my 2 little bottles of Deoxit on electrical connections for about 5 years and I reckon the bottles will last another 5 years.

cheers,
Mike

Back