Anyone Own a Turbo Levo Comp Fat

James Alderson

Hey everyone,

Trying to find some information on the Turbo Levo Comp Fat with HT. Not a lot on this and all the reviews are on the Comp and Expert FSR. I rode the Expert and really liked it, but can't afford it. There seems to be a window about to open up on all of the 2017 stock that I want to take advantage of and am really interested in the big fat tire bikes. I am a big dude and will be doing a lot of short rides and some trail runs. I have another bike to do the longer rides on and just looking for something to do a 10-mile ride with some trail stops at most.

Looking to see if anyone has owned the 4.6 inch wide tire fat levo. If you did, what did you think of it. Is it fairly usable on the road?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Trying to find some information on the Turbo Levo Comp Fat with HT. Not a lot on this and all the reviews are on the Comp and Expert FSR. I rode the Expert and really liked it, but can't afford it. There seems to be a window about to open up on all of the 2017 stock that I want to take advantage of and am really interested in the big fat tire bikes. I am a big dude and will be doing a lot of short rides and some trail runs. I have another bike to do the longer rides on and just looking for something to do a 10-mile ride with some trail stops at most.

Looking to see if anyone has owned the 4.6 inch wide tire fat levo. If you did, what did you think of it. Is it fairly usable on the road?

Thanks
I just bought that very bike last weekend. I also own a Stromer ST-2. I have only ridden it 10-12 miles or so at this point, but pretty impressed with the bike. I like the fat tires and front shock and my thinking is that when the weather is a bit messy, I can jump on the Turbo Levo and not have to worry about the weather as they are built to take mud, water, and the like. It does not have the finesse of the Stromer, nor does it have the price. Clearly it is meant for off road riding, but I am riding it in the city and I am told that it will ride very well in snow and sand. My LBS was very accommodating in terms of the purchase at a fairly decent price reduction which they extended to accessories. I plan to use it for short trips on the road in inclement weather; probably will not see a lot of off road use, but then again, I now have the option to do so which was not a good one for my Stromer. A huge plus for around own riding is the dropper post. When stopping at a light, one can simply hit the switch and the seat will drop to a point where it is far easier to reach the ground (or somewhere in between). Hit the switch again when moving and you are back to "regular" seat height...vey cool...Garmin has an ANT compatible handlebar mount and switch for controlling changes in the power levels of assist. Gotta have that one...at some near point.

I have ridden the Turbo Levo and loved it. Fat tires are great in fat tire bikes because the extra traction they afford in both off road and on road. Since it is an electric bike the little bit of extra friction does not hurt.

I still just can't decide between the fat and the comp 6fattie full suspension. Both are deeply discounted with about 20 percent off for being a 2017 with the 2018's already available. I have a Haibike (my icon) Cross SL that I am loving, but do want something more trail rated to ride the rougher stuff with. None of it matters though as I can hardly get out of bed after a fairly short ride yesterday... old and fat does not work well for biking...lol.

I own the fatbike and love it, too. I also got to try a 6Fattie for 3 days while I was waiting for mine to be ordered.

Talking to the Specialized rep a the EBike Expo in my area, the Comp Fat HT is going to be ending its product life. They just don't sell enough of them to justify continuing to carry the line. This may mean some deep discounts coming up before next season (depending on when it's discontinued).

As far as being usable on the road, I just took my longest road ride with it last Saturday (https://www.strava.com/activities/1141900229) 21.9 Miles. The tires are loud, as to be expected, but they don't really hamper forward momentum. It rides just as well as its 6Fattie 3"-tire HT counterpart.

The tires do produce some vibration. Not really noticeable on short road rides, but I think it becomes a factor on longer rides. I definitely felt more fatigued going 22 miles on the Levo than I do taking a 22 mile ride on my 2015 Turbo X. It may be the ride position (pretty forward aggressive), but I think the added vibration does take its toll. You could certainly put less-knobby tires on it. Something like the Vee Rubber Speedster would be much quieter and smoother. I'd love to get a 2nd pair of wheels, but that will set you back $600 for just the wheel set.

You can hear the tire noise in this video:

On the trail, it is super sticky and instills a lot of confidence. A friend of mine is a MTB professional racer and the Levo lets me "keep up" with him on the trails. Here is a video from one of our rides. He was at the end of his training day when we met up, so takin' it easy, but after we part ways (about 7:00), I do a few full-tilt speed runs.

Back