Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Maybe he lives on top of a very Lon downhill...like on the top of continents divide and coasts downhill for work and takes the bus back up in the afternoon. :)

Back from our camping trip. Will try to bike 20+ tomorrow as we bike the Eastern Trail south from Kennebunk and back.

Attachments

• FB_20150524_21_48_38_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150524_21_48_38_Saved_Picture.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 271
A guy I used to work with does a yearly double-down ride from mountains to the beach, with about 60 others. That's just over 200 miles in one day. But I smell a cheater in this challenge! No one cycles 200mi per day, every day. That's more than the Tour de France professional athletes in training. Sorry, but I'm not buying that guy's mileage.

I really liked the route I selected for today's ride, even though I had to cut it short due to not starting with a fully charged battery. Now that my battery is fully charged & ready to go I will do the route tomorrow. The route is only 14 miles so I'll need to add in 6 more to get to 20 (my current goal). I can always break it into 2 separate rides as an option, with some munching in between! :p

Oh, and I use RideWithGPS.com and I decided to purchase the basic membership so I can get cue sheet & turn-by-turn talking navigation as I ride. My sense of direction is horrible...I practically need a GPS to get out of my driveway! o_O

Doing a long rec-ride today! Maybe I can catch up?

Where's the old and decrepit smiley I can apply to my post?

We started in Kennebunk and biked to South Berwick.
upload_2015-5-25_16-4-39.png

After some food and rest we biked back but along the way we took a detour to Wells
upload_2015-5-25_16-6-41.png

After some iced coffee we tried to return back to where we started. Took a wrong turn ... 10 miles later reunited with the route and eventually made it to the car :)

upload_2015-5-25_16-8-39.png

Good question. Actually I had range anxiety and my second battery was at work so I rode a regular bike and my wife rode her Stromer Platinum. She BARELY made it with 1 bar of energy left on the display. :)

On one battery/battery charge? (My bike can only do half that on 1 charge :( )

Went out today with a plan for 50 miles and the trail was jammed! I fixed one women's flat tire and folks started lining up for airo_O I used all my CO2 and then started with my hand pump.... Surprising what some folks will leave the house on:)

I did get in 42 miles... Great day! Great day for Team EBR!

I really wanted that elusive 50. I've been close to it before twice and had a good plan today but didn't expect so much traffic on the trail. I'll get it one day. Today was the third time I've hit 40+, on one charge, one battery.

J.R. It's simple. get intentionally lost at the end of your ride and you'll hit the 50 guarranteed. :)

I really wanted that elusive 50. I've been close to it before twice and had a good plan today but didn't expect so much traffic on the trail. I'll get it one day. Today was the third time I've hit 40+, on one charge, one battery.

Stopped and grabbed a couple pictures today. Question; when you were a little kid did you ever dream to be a choo-choo train engineer?

RR01 (2).jpg
These folks are living the dream with there own personal locomotive:) I have no idea who that bike rider is, but they are famous now!

What do you mean folks started lining up for air? :confused: that's hillarious

Went out today with a plan for 50 miles and the trail was jammed! I fixed one women's flat tire and folks started lining up for airo_O I used all my CO2 and then started with my hand pump.... Surprising what some folks will leave the house on:)

I did get in 42 miles... Great day! Great day for Team EBR!

wow. looks like fun. I didn't know they opened rail for private enthusiasts.

Stopped and grabbed a couple pictures today. Question; when you were a little kid did you ever dream to be a choo-choo train engineer?

View attachment 3181
These folks are living the dream with there own personal locomotive:) I have no idea who that bike rider is, but they are famous now!

Back