Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

You know I joined this National Bike Challenge, the EBR team, but the GPS on my phone is bad somehow, and even though I ride everyday, I've done zero miles for the team because the app doesn't record correctly.... :p

Hey Grench, aren't you in Tornado Alley? Don't end up like Miss Gulch riding her bike in that twister in the beginning of The Wizard of Oz. (Although she deserved it; she took Toto. You on the other hand are clearly a good guy.)
I only update my miles at the end of the week, so according to the website, I've only ridden three days. Oh well, I'll be adding my sorry-a** ten-mile commute to my tally today. A serious squall line marched through last night but now the roads are almost dry. Go Team!!!
Allen
Allen, I've noticed you get more points individually and team if you log your miles everyday. Example: 5 days riding at 10 miles a day amounts to a lot more points than one 50 mile day. Member's points are shown on the team page, miles are shown by clicking yours or anyone's name.

We are some transportation riding fools compared to many teams! 69% transportation, 31% recreation.

Go team!

Team EBR

You know I joined this National Bike Challenge, the EBR team, but the GPS on my phone is bad somehow, and even though I ride everyday, I've done zero miles for the team because the app doesn't record correctly.... :p
You can log your miles manually...we trust you and we need the miles.

Allen, I've noticed you get more points individually and team if you log your miles everyday. Example: 5 days riding at 10 miles a day amounts to a lot more points than one 50 mile day. Member's points are shown on the team page, miles are shown by clicking yours or anyone's name.
I didn't know that. I will log in the 24 I've got so far this week right now, and, since I don't want to let my team down, I'll add my miles any day that my (bike) wheels turn.
Allen

Our team has advanced to 167 nationally ! woot woot ! :) Looks a few might get gold tomorrow while most of us have either bronze or silver?

Keep up the good work !

Man! This rideing twice a day is really cutting it my flying time.
I fly radio control helicopters and quads! Do any of you guys fly RC Flying machines ? Keep looking up! Ken.
Take a day off and go fly! It's only a friendly competition, have a cup of coffee:cool:

Keep riding Ken...your picking up my slack for business travel days when I can't ride...and thanks for that!

Thanks for taking up the slack for me too! I will get a ride in after work today and, if the weather holds, hopefully a bunch this weekend. Of course "a bunch" for me is not the same as for you gnarly big distance riders!

I'm already checked into hermit island campground. I may log some fatbike miles but not much. Back in the saddle Tuesday!

I didn't do my usual 34 today either... hitting the trail tonight with friends for 20+/-. Some weekend riding, how much???

Ken thanks for taking up my slack! I was back in the saddle this am and back in the rain...lol. I reached complete saturation plus 23.7% . Opie added 22.4 miles this am. Started out the ride intending to stroll up the bike path. This bike makes you want to ride faster. I rode on level 3 most of the time, and dropped to level 2 anytime I reached 20 mph (downhill). I had one bar left at the end of the ride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 276
Ken
I added 17 today. I need Allen and Greg to help me stay within twilight distance of you. Come on allroad guys the Genze is running away with the show. We may need to add ours together!

I also figured out how to ride slow with the wife...turn the battery off...who knew...lol. We traded bikes (hers is non E). She punished me on the way back. Trips like this one will convince her to buy an E bike.

Here are a couple of pics of some bike path here in Whichita KS.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
14.2 mi for me and I actually ran out of battery right as I turned on my street to get back home. No warning either, I was on 1 bar and then nothin'

I also figured out how to ride slow with the wife...turn the battery off...who knew...lol. We traded bikes (hers is non E). She punished me on the way back. Trips like this one will convince her to buy an E bike.
Get a rope and give her a tow! :)
Fear not Grench, I'll be back from an AA meeting soon, and I will update my work, church, and meeting miles tonight. Allroads rule!
Allen

I couldn't take it... @stevenast and his Bosh pooch WERE 7 points ahead of me an Opie...I took the dogs for a run down the road (no battery it was still on the charger). I hope 3.11 miles is worth 8 points..lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 307
Wow is that even possible???
At 20 mph that's 10 hrs per day???

I know I know simple math...lol gezzzeeee

Back