Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

What do you mean folks started lining up for air? :confused: that's hillarious
I have no idea... I wasn't even wearing my white cap with the star!!!! They saw free air and said "gotta git me some of dat":rolleyes:

The trains, yeah it does look like fun. That section of rail isn't used for much anymore mostly just iron freight on the weekdays. Further south they have a passenger excursion steam train that runs several times a day. Nice destination trail.

Well...I am a little embarrassed to post my miles today...nice job all!
I added 10.3 today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 253
It's really not about the numbers and I know you know that :) each trip is meaningful in itself.

Go team ! :)

Yeah I was hoping to find one that would feel like my Turbo. I'd say I succeeded 80%. It is stiff and responsive, seems to move in one entity ahead. I can't explain it very well and I understand I am in a minority for liking stiffer ride than most.

Except for the uphills on which my wife smoked me every time, I was able to keep up just fine. Luckily she goes relatively slow...

On downhills the bike is wicked fast due to the lack of cogging.

It is a tad under 20lbs, I'm considering upgrading to lighter wheels to drop the weight a bit more.

Yeah I was hoping to find one that would feel like my Turbo. I'd say I succeeded 80%. It is stiff and responsive, seems to move in one entity ahead. I can't explain it very well and I understand I am in a minority for liking stiffer ride than most.

Stiff frame has also the advantage that you dont lose energy in the shock movement and save weight as well. I think I would go for a non-suspended frame still despite the experiences on the Turbo. Maybe a steel frame though. From Specialized spec page (Sirrus) I understood that is a carbon frame. Wonder if it's any different from aluminium. I guess there isn't much difference in weight, although every gram counts.

I hope to get in another 20 mi tonight with the cycling group I joined, assuming the weather holds.

Last edited:
Yeah Ken, sometimes I think this would be a simpler solution haha. Well I bit down on an olive in a salad and it had a pit in it. Ouch. As a result I drove a silver filling up into where it hurts and possibly cracked the tooth. oh well

Dental work, don't you just love it ! Ha Ha , I had all mine taken out two years ago. No more of that stuff for me! Now I have nice shiny store bought teeth! Ken.
I have bottom teeth too, they are just not showing in the picture . Hope I do not break your computer when you look at this picture.

Another splendid day for bike commuting, so I put on my ten miles for the team.
We were threatened with t-storms but they didn't materialize (probably because I put the cover on my bike's saddle).
Tomorrow looks like it might truly be ugly, but I will figure that out when I wake up.
Allen

Another splendid day for bike commuting, so I put on my ten miles for the team.
We were threatened with t-storms but they didn't materialize (probably because I put the cover on my bike's saddle).
Tomorrow looks like it might truly be ugly, but I will figure that out when I wake up.
Allen
Yup! Allen, same for me today and tomorrow. I'm counting on weather windows for AM and PM tomorrow:rolleyes:

Team EBR

Last edited:
Way to go, 22 miles after a work day is tough! Did you have watts left after 22mi?

Yes! The battery usage was better tonight, probably because I was in a pace line and was able to take advantage of some draft. I also was able to use 'Standard' mode more tonight than yesterday, again probably because of the draft I was getting. I was down 2+ bars (not quite 3 bars). Am recharging as we speak.

Thank you JR, just riding for the team.
All I need now is 6.500 more for platinum HaHaHa!
I don't think I will even have that munch by the end of the challenge . Ken.
Well, life is bound to get in the way at some point. I can't see me overtaking you, you are #1 and there you will likely stay!

Team EBR

Back