Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

I got the weather window in the AM, but not so much in the PM. Serious storms today!

We are going to have to flatten Ken's tires a few times a week, just to stay close to him:) Brambor, back in the saddle tomorrow?

Team EBR

Yeah Team, I wussed out today, and I'm kinda' glad I did. We had a line squall march through just about at quitting time.
There may be t-storms again tomorrow, but I think I'm going to mount the Grey Ghost and take my chances riding to work and back.
Yeah, God save our brothers and sisters in Texas and Oklahoma. They need the rain more than we do, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing, eh?
Allen

Just got back from Houston today...4' of water in one of the mall ground floors...WOW! Glad to be home. I only got 15.8 today. On another note I just turned 500 miles on my bike. I had to ride past my pick up point to get the last mile...lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 238
Back on the bike in a few minutes. T storms forecasted on the return trip. Let's see if I could play Moses on the way home

My legs were quite sore this morning. 3 days in a row of riding is more than I've ever done. Took yesterday off as it rained & that was a great excuse. We'll see about tonight.

On the way home yesterday I had more fear riding than a serious snow storm in winter! During the ride in a storm that lasted less than 60 minutes it rained more than 3.5 inches with winds that blew 60 foot oaks down onto the trail. I tried to take shelter but the rain came down horizontal. I thought about those poor folks in Texas. Rough day! I made it home, eventually.

Muscles sore...often! Heart stronger than ever!!

Welcome John, we also welcome your help:)

Team EBR->

Left work and saw a wall of darkness

Tried to traverse against the grain but to no avail the thunderstorm caught me. Had enough time to scoot under a roof of local gas station. Soon I was joined by another biker, a roofless Jeep driver and an MG driver. All 4 of us enjoyed the torrential rain, thunder and lightning show for at least 30 minutes. My son showed up with his car and picked me up. only 5 miles on my return trip today.

Attachments

• WP_20150528_001.jpg
    WP_20150528_001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
exactly 1000 points today. One behind J.R. - I should have gone a few times around the block .... ;-)

Zero miles yesterday after the stormy Wednesday, had some maintenance to do! May just get two tours in today, one e and one non e! Fingers crossed;)

Team EBR-->

I only got the e-tour in today as it stormed this evening:(

Team EBR-->

For the past two years I've had the slogan "Everyday in May!" Meaning I want to try to take my bike to work everyday in May. Last year I only did about 70 % this year closer to 80. This week was the first week that the I have ever made it everyday, but my son says it doesn't count because it was only a 4 day work week. Next week I will probably only get one or two days in, but I will still try to contribute to the cause. Go EBR.

I posted a note on the national by challenge website, but I probably should've posted here: the question I have is whether we should be logging just electric bike miles, or all bike miles. What's everyone's thoughts on that issue?

Ken, I'm starting to worry about you:eek: Are you getting a little obsessedo_O

;)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Straight rains all day today. No biking happened. Maybe in the evening I can rub in a couple of miles but that is about it. :) Cheers!

Hi Team:
The weather Gods weren't smiling on us here in the quiet corner of Connecticut today. But I did get four miles in this morning riding to church. (Logged them on the website of course.) At church, we had a young trumpet player who was incredible. The music was incredible but this boy's playing really sung!
This afternoon, a gentle rain had settled in here (we need it) so I took a ride to my AA meeting from another drunk. Glad I did as it it still raining. (Being only 5'3", I can't take any chances on shrinking.)
Allen

Back