Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

No riding for me. It's stormin', Norman.

Attachments

• 20150601_151434.jpg
    20150601_151434.jpg
    995.4 KB · Views: 270
Unfortunately waiting for a clear day this week won't be an option, rain all week. Looks like I'll get wet cause I ain't waitin a week to ride!

There is an abandoned military bunker on Peaks Island know as Battery Steel. The bike was photographed there.
Okay Brambor, I'll bite: if Peaks is an island, how did you ride your eBike there?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Oh, and remember, ferry boat miles don't count in the National Bike Challenge. (Hint: if you want to play fast and loose, you can convert nautical miles to statute miles by multiplying by 1.15077945. Just sayin')
Allen

It's a short ferry across from Portland Maine and yes I did turn off the miles during the ferry ride

Did a quick jaunt hoping the rain was letting up. Ended up drinking fresh rainwater for 15 miles :)

Go team ;-)

actually I try not to ride in the rain so this is a paradox. So tonight what I will do I will just take the battery inside, wipe it dry if it is wet and charge it. Tomorrow if I ride (rain is in the forecast for whole day) I will try to take a regular bike or might take the Turbo again.

I only got 3.5 in today. They were some of the hardest miles I have ridden. I had my granddaughters...they had other ambitions. Still loads of fun!

Yeah!! I bet that was fun! They always have to be different .

Thanks Brambor , that is about what I was thinking . I did not know if I should put some contact greas on the battery termals or not. I have silicon grease, I know that is plastic safe, we use it on rc helicopters all the time. But I do not remember if it is good for electric connecters. I think it is just not sure. Ken.
Ken, it's not a bad idea to use dielectric silicone grease on contacts that are exposed to direct weather/water. The grease must be labeled dielectric and just a thin coating is needed.

Your local AutoZone or auto supply shop or a electronics store will have dielectric grease. Get a small tube...it goes a long way!

34 miles today in some serious rain, seriously cold for June too! Another tree down on the trail today, if it's a little better tomorrow morning I'll get a picture of the downed tree... BIG!

Back