Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Hey Team:
I just got home from work and logged my ten mile commute.
It's so much fun riding with you all.
Allen

DSC08440.jpg

It is like I have gained a new friend in you. And the other active riders on this forum .
Same here Ken. And all my other fellow eBikers. I've met the nicest people at EBR.
I feel like we're all neighbors. And, in a sense we are.
When Brambor talks about sea kayaking from Hermit Island on the Maine Coast, it reminds me of the time my (former) wife and I took our four kids and two of their friends to Hermit Island and camped/kayaked a decade ago. Brambor, from the image you posted, it looks like you might have had the same campsite we had (on the back side facing the shore). We were able to keep our boats hauled up on the beach and tied to a tree there. Mmmm…love lobster. Miss Maine so much, especially mid-coast Maine. My smaller boat—a Dirigo I call Hejira—was built in Blue Hills, Maine.
Allen

Biking, EBIKES, sailing, and kayaking are all awesome. There is something I just love about human powered propulsion. Or at least somewhat human powered, ie EBIKES and my Hobie tadem island. Is there a kayaking mile challenge somewhere? Is there an ap for tracking that, "map my stroke" maybe?

Church this morning and AA meeting this afternoon. Six miles logged in for this new week.
I saw my darling Grandchildren today, which reminded me (as if I needed reminding) that I have so much to be thankful for.
The attached image is of Laila and Colin enjoying that most rare commodity in Maine…a sandy beach.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Mail Attachment.jpg

Back on the bike this morning. Logged my usual 14. Feeling great!

Allen, nice kids you got there! Congratulations buddy! :)

I looked at your bike and saw your bar ends. I have the same pair on my fat bike and I love them. :)

This was my home for the weekend:

17978939533_320f09f2b7_b.jpg

I'm sorry Ken, I guess I let our side down by going to the big outdoor custom car and motorcycle show over the weekend. You see chain lube isn't the only thing in my veins, gear oil runs deep as well!

I'll get my miles in, I promise... Don't yell at me anymore!;)

:)

Last edited:
Hi JR, you better!!
If I remember right, you are a Harley guy.
What do you thing of the Harley 750 made in India .
I am glad I am a Triumph guy myself.
My last bike was not a Triumph but a 1968 Matchless , still British . Had to sell it last year. My hips would not let me do the kick starting thing anymore . It was a fun bike to ride.
Keep looking up! Ken.
The 500 & 750 Harleys for North America are made in Kansas City in the old H-D Buell plant. The India assembly plant was setup to assemble bikes for the mid-east and eastern markets. Nice bike, good for H-D and good entry level bike. Not my cup of tea, too small, I ride an FLHTCU.

P.S. I may be getting in a second ride today, my reg. 34mi. and a fun-run of 16+/-. That's if the weather holds. We are going to be hot on your heels Ken! You stop and breath this month, we'll be on you like ugly on an ape:eek:

I don't think there are many sales to be made in the US for a foreign made Harley. H-D tried that in the 1960's with small Italian made bikes.

We just had a NWS Alert on the radio for severe weather:eek::eek::eek:

I think I would have to let the saw bones take off my left leg, before you will catch me!!! Keep trying though! Ken.
Oh yeah... Your mother wears army boots!!!!

Harley also tried to sell scooters in the early 60's
Yes, H-D made all sorts of motorized stuff even golf carts and Holiday Rambler motor homes. The Italian motorcycle plant was sold to Cagiva in 1978.

Any new development on HD eMotorcycle?
The news is that H-D Livewire won't make it to market until battery technology can give a real-world, honest 100 mile range with a sub-500lb motorcycle. That they say won't happen until 2018 at the earliest and likely 2020:(

No fun-run tonight, serious storm here! So dark street lights would be on, if we had street lights.

Standing on the edge of a big lake , the wind blowing across the cool water - free air conditioning. Thank you mother nature. Got my usual 10 miles in.

Need a new saddle , butt is sore. Cant afford Brooks - Are Cloud Nine saddles any good?

Back