Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

wow. that's one ridiculously looking ST1 :) but I understand we all have different tastes and it makes the world more interesting. :)

I am already taking night courses on how to disassemble and reassemble a Stromer ST1 after repainting it. Just in case I win this (in the Swiss national contest):

http://www.biketowork.ch

Maybe the 3rd place electric bike would be better to win. Less work. :D

http://www.biketowork.ch
That (color) looks like a crime against humanity or nature or somethingo_O Have they been brought up on charges for defacing a national institution?:rolleyes:

In a way relief they didnt make it "chocolate" colour as one might have expected with the sponsor being C. Bloch.

Scott 1 ply? I'd want the 2-ply. A years worth would be great, actually. Women manage to use a LOT of TP in a year, for those of you with females in your households, you know that's true.

You think that this is JR in the morning?
Yes and no, Ken. Love my coffee, but I'm not one who rides his road bike 2 miles to the coffee shop for an espresso and calls that a workout:eek:

Back on the clock boys...20.2 miles today. The wind was whipping my butt.
image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg As I headed out of work this afternoon I was ill prepared for the weather. A rain shower had rolled into Wichita...and me without any rain gear. I heard that strong still voice in my head from Stevey received not so many days ago "Rinse it Off...It is an Electric Bike!" I pondered my options: I could seek a fellow coworker with a sympathetic view and ask for a ride for me and my trusty steed Opie; I could call my wife and ask her to drive in a pick me up; I could......Then with a call of confidence through the handlebars - Opie challenged me: "Saddle Up Fat Man and lets go!" Looking around I watched the water pools flow on all sides. The haunting voice of council 'you can't abuse your electric bike!' echoing in my head - what to do????

I click the battery in place and hit the power button...Opie ROARed to life. As we headed out, the rain switched from a steady patter to a downpour. There was no avoiding the ponds of water...Opie trudged on. As we reached a midpoint in the 20 mile commute I saw my wife in the transport wagon. Considering the senior council again...Did my wife think Opie was in danger of malfunction?? No she just wanted to witness my ride in the rain for a pic to send to her friends. She said she knew Opie would make it.

I can't help but think - through the hard part, the 4" deep puddles of sloppy mud, Opie was somehow sending a few extra watts in silent Indignation of the 'cheap Chinese knockoff' comment. As I loaded Opie on the Mini Cooper - his handlebars rang out..."Let Stevey know - I GOT THIS!"

@grench Poetic! Nice... No more a fair weather rider:) Now all you need is studded tires and some snow!

sweet story grench. We have a great team. I will not bike tomorrow :-( I am leading a kayak day trip after work, so I have the boat loaded on the car and I'm driving tomorrow in and out of town. Sorry.

Hey Grench, aren't you in Tornado Alley? Don't end up like Miss Gulch riding her bike in that twister in the beginning of The Wizard of Oz. (Although she deserved it; she took Toto. You on the other hand are clearly a good guy.)
I only update my miles at the end of the week, so according to the website, I've only ridden three days. Oh well, I'll be adding my sorry-a** ten-mile commute to my tally today. A serious squall line marched through last night but now the roads are almost dry. Go Team!!!
Allen

so I left home this morning with a kayak on my roof. By 10 AM I cancelled the paddle due to small craft advisory conditions. At noon I drove back home, hopped on my bike and took the shortest possible route (suicidal during morning rush hour) to work to log in 10 miles ! Go team! :)

Sea Kayaking and leading a trip of novices. Had to cancel due to 30 mph wind gusts on the ocean. :)

Back