Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

We got passed by an ELF this morning. Three ebikes on the same road to work. That is a record. :)

Well after a bout with being sick coupled with some work travel I am in the saddle again...added 19.2 today. It should have been 20.3 but I forgot to start my ap at the beginning of the ride. I have lost some serious ground. Anxious to see what I can make up!

Oh ya...the entire ride today was in the rain o_O

Go you are filling better now Grench . Do not over do it . Put we sure need some miles put in by the Team. I see we are all the way back to 190 place now. The further we go the further we backup.
We are over 9,000 miles now as a team! Man that is neat! Ok let us do the Pedal, Pedal, Giddy up Go Dance. And put on some miles. Ken.

Man! Why can't we always have the wind and the sun at our backs ! What a pleasant 1/2 mile that was. We will not talk about the other 34 1/2 miles this moring . Ken.

I agree...that wind is wonderful for a small part of the trip. What I don't understand is how does it know when to change directions...it must love my face view verses my butt view!

19.2 added today...

I agree...that wind is wonderful for a small part of the trip. What I don't understand is how does it know when to change directions...it must love my face view verses my butt view!
Yes indeed Grench:
That's another one of the unexplained mysteries of life. Like why does the campfire smoke always blow in your face no matter how many times you change where you're standing? Maybe we should drop a postcard to the Rosicrucians. (Does anyone but me remember their little ads in the back of my Popular Science, about the answers to the unexplained mysteries of life?) Apparently the Rosicrucians had the inside track on those answers.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Grench is picking up my slack;), been off the bike for two days after hurting my back on Monday:(

Oh man, that is not good. Take care of yourself JR. Do not try to rush your recovery , take it easy up there! Ken.

OH ME. What AM I going to do? My birthday is not till Monday , and I only have one slice of cake left. What to do, what to do! Should I save it till Monday ? No, No, NO!
Monday is our shopping day anyway. I could eat the slice tomorrow , and buy a new cake then.
I want an Icecream Cake, but they cost a lot . What is an old dude to do? OH ME. Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 221
Hey ,Allen is in second spot now!! Keep it up Allen ! Us old dudes have to stick together . Go pedal , pedal some more and get you a little space in there incase one of these young ones try to pass you up. Ken.

Aww shucks Ken. Fear not. This old crotch pheasant had to ride into New York State after church to get his meds. And tonight is my favorite AA meeting. Now that the bridge has been removed, that's a nine-mile ride (instead of two). So I'm in the middle of a 29-mile day here. Go me!
The new Amesville Bridge (two lanes!) is supposed to be open by December 15th. The 120-year-old one-laner has been cut in half with one half deposited on either side of the Housatonic River; wish I'd been there to see that operation.
I didn't know I was in second place until you pointed it out Ken, but I've ridden every day so far this month. The mighty Grey Ghost turned over 1,000 miles this past week; woot!
Repeat after me Ken: "Just cuz' there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean there isn't a fire in the wood stove." (The old man's mantra.)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

OH ME. What AM I going to do? My birthday is not till Monday , and I only have one slice of cake left. What to do, what to do! Should I save it till Monday ? No, No, NO!
Monday is our shopping day anyway. I could eat the slice tomorrow , and buy a new cake then.
I want an Icecream Cake, but they cost a lot . What is an old dude to do? OH ME. Ken.
Happy birthday Ken! Have a joyful day!

@KenM. I vote for the ice cream cake! Had a delicious slice yesterday that was mint chocolate chip and chocolate. Happy birthday ;)
@Brambor looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing some photos with us!

I scream , you scream, We all scream for ice cream cake!
Tara D is pushing me over the edge!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes ! I did not expect all the replies. Thank you so much! Keep looking up! Ken.
Oh yes, almost for got. I put 30 miles on this moring , so I guess I will have to put on another 33 miles tonight.
That is another problem with getting older . Another mile you have to put on every year! Thanks again. Ken.

Hey Team:
Well Ken, my reign as the holder of the second slot on Team EBR is over. (Wowzer, that was brief.)
Now if Bud doesn't ride tomorrow, I'll advance back from third place. When I saw that, I was tempted to go end-to-end on my road again, but it's kinda' dark here now.
You've heard about the bridge across the Housatonic river at the end of my road. The other day they cut it in half and put half of it on each side of the river.
Here are a couple of pictures for your delectation:
DSC09060.jpg
DSC09058.jpg

Go Team EBR!
Allen

That is COOL!! You ride across that bridge and you will be the CHAMP !! Good picture .

Well got the other 33 miles in tonight, 63 miles= 63 years.
I think next year I will be 20 years old.
33 miles is the most miles I have put on the GenZe at one time. Sure is a lot easier then on the Schwinn .
Does this mean that I do not have to ride anymore till 7/13/16
Keep looking up! Ken.

Back